High rev KA turbo

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

that get another.. :withstup

:Dthis is what I was talking about earlier...-chet

jon ormesher
Car: playing guitar and harmonica, working (fixing) my 240 and my freinds 240's, driving...

hmmm,.. simple solution. destroke the ka to 2.2 and build it. then you dont have to have 2 page long discussions/arguments.

gyfer

Is prelude a fast car ?? :)

2001 Prelude SH 0-60 : 7.2sec1995 240SX 0-60 : 8.0sec2000 S2000 0-60 : 5.7sec(0.5sec +/- error due to diff engine inl. )

I hope your friend is not not driving automatic. ( otherwise he is really sucks !! :) )

I bet both of you slow down after 2nd gear. Try 3rd and 4th and he will be gone. :D

Like ADANHU metion in his Solo1 figure, is clearly fact that s2000 is hell a fast car, and good handling too.

Well, is understand why some of you hate and deny some Honda's engines and cars capability. You guys just can't face the fact. I don't like Honda either, because RWD is cool, and Honda don't have RWD !! (besides NSX and S2000)

And I can't believe some of you trying to say high HP car run slower on track ....hmm.... :Werd

:nono

gyfer

This is just REALLYY out of topic and just a joke.. no offence.. :D

Exar-Kun, your signature say " You can live in a car, you can't drive a house "....

How about those people who stay in RV ? They can drive their house whetever they like....kekekkee.. :icesangel

AkaiRPS13
Car: Kyoumi wa kuruma ya bujitsu ya nihongo desu.

"and NO torque.....its hard to beat cars that have a nice wide torque band....ever go into a sharp corner on the race track where neither 2nd gear or 3rd is good..so you keep it in 3rd..and use the torque to pull you out of the hole......it makes racing easier...cause if you BOG the s2000 down......you lose lots of time....cause it has no bottom end to it...."

this only really happens on cars with not sporty transmitions. my crx had crap for torqe, in that situation you would use second in a higher revving car and use the HORSEPOWER to pull you out of the curve. and the s2000 is geared so close that that would never happen anyways. you use a close geared tranny for high hp cars with more gears to make up for the lost high speed capabillitys and in high torque applications you use taller gears to take advantage of the senario you just spoke of.

the KA is a TRUCK MOTOR ! it is stupid to say that TRUCK MOTORS are faster than sports car motors. It is not debatable. The numbers speak for themselves(and im not talking about the storys of "oh yea well my friend and I were.......", im talking real testing by auto manufacturers and racing teams). Truck motors are car manufacturers least expencive way of putting torque into pickups like the hardbody. if they were honestly faster than the sportscar motors then why would nissan spend more money on making the sportscar motors?

Im not talking about making it rev to 10 grand. 8 was optimistic, and 7250 sounds more realistic. destroking would be cool but really expencive. so if my ka flys apart from revving to 7250 after i do all that stuff (cams, ecu, maybe custom intake manifold) ill just buy a CA (and then obsess over getting it to rev to 8500! ah hahahahahah! J/K :P ) .

for a street car torque is cool and makes it easyer to drive but no question hp more than torque means speed.

gyfer

" the KA is a TRUCK MOTOR !... "

Hey, Akai, I don't like the word "Truck Motor" !! :mad:

We should just say KA is a high torque street engine, with splenty raceable HP that need to be tune well. :D

With some port & polish, valve job, flywheel, intake runner/manifold, header, higher CR piston, lighter rod, balanced crack shalf and etc.... I believe motor is capable of 190-210 hp, having redline at 7.5k

You going all n/a ?

gyfer

Exar-Kun wrote::withstup

true that. also, not to be a nit picking *****, but the really high output F-1 days used turbos, renault had a 1200hp 2.8l twin turbo F-1 engine :) then they regulated it :(

-chet

"its all about what YOU want the car to do."

Engine: StandardYear : 1986Size : 1.5 litre Cylinder : 4Aspiration :normal Max Boost: -Max Fuel : -Fuel : 91 RON Hoursepower @ rpm : 92 @ 6000 Torque @ rpm : 89 @ 4500

Engine: Formula OneYear : 1986Size : 1.5 litre Cylinder : 6Aspiration :turboMax Boost: 54psiMax Fuel : 200 litersFuel : 102 RON Hoursepower @ rpm : 994 @ 12000 Torque @ rpm : 490 @ 9750

Engine: Formula OneYear : 1989Size : 1.5 litre Cylinder : 6Aspiration :turbo Max Boost: 36.3psiMax Fuel : 150 RONFuel : 102 RON Hoursepower @ rpm : 610 @ 12000 Torque @ rpm : 280 @ 10000 -> 994hp@12000rpm with 54psi. You will dream about this number in your KA engine.. :D

The most impressed me is putting 32% fuel into mechanical energy.

Read this article, it might enlighted you.http://www.faqs.org/faqs/autos....html

Exar-Kun

nah, I dream about stuff like 17k 900hp V-10's and ****...

but yeah, that was what I was talking about.-chet

AkaiRPS13
Car: Kyoumi wa kuruma ya bujitsu ya nihongo desu.

Exar-chan you need to go out and buy yourself a muscle car. :pface kidding ! but you know an Z32 might be right up your alley. big torque down low and a montorous sounding 3.0 liter V-6.

that thing on the honda turbo F1 was so cool!

gyfer you are right. i dont like it ether and i hate it when other people say it so im sorry but it had to be said. It does need to be tuned. its a "fixer-upper" if there ever was one. and if there wasnt such easy access to engines like the CA id be looking for a way to de-stroke this baby, get it to rev to 8, and boost to 14 psi. im almost temped to do that anyway. just to prove those SR guys wrong. rooting for the little guy is so much fun(or in the KAs case the guy that nobody believed in).Quote »You going all n/a ?[/quote] no but i dont have anything against n/a. turbo just seems like the more advanced way of doing things. but im already missing the feel of a high revving n/a engine.

y'know somebody should make a KA manifold with shorter runners and like mass manufacture it and stuff. that would be cool.

gyfer

but you can't really mechanical change the design of the engine. Is still a KA no matter what. While you pushing KA into 7.5k, you might as well do it on SR or CA into 8.5k rpm. KA is just not for really high rpm revving.

I wish I have 1.6 toyota 4a-ge block. Class A spec, running 240hp max in n/a , with 11000rpm redline, streetable....hmm....And drop it into AE86 ( celica/collora RWD ), with 2200lbs weight, and 50/50 , the car will be a monster. And with turbo..... :icesangel

Movingviolation240
Car: Big boost and flying are 2 of the 3 things I can't turn down

jon ormesher wrote:hmmm,.. simple solution. destroke the ka to 2.2 and build it. then you dont have to have 2 page long discussions/arguments.

Don't forget put a head on with better valve angles, intake manifold, combustion chamber, exhaust, cams, ect......

destrokeing 200cc's is no small acheivement either......

Exar-Kun

arkai, I had a 300ZX....it was 230hp to the rear(non turbo), then it got WAAAAAY to expensive to maintain while going to school(like, you have any idea what it costs to change the ****ing water pump on those??!?!?!)

anyways, I liked it a lot, but the car itself was way too heavy. I totally agree the KA is in need of tuning, but you cant beat the torque band(flat, per my dyno) even most american muscle car guys go "dayum...thats ****ing sweet."

anyways. stuff. my personal favorite engine right now resides in te ferrari F40. 2.8l twin turbo v-10 with 485 hp...

not tooo shabby.-chet

ADAMHU

the kat power band is very flat...look at this dyno chart...green is NA...and red is turbo at 10psi...

ADAMHU

and all the talk about "truck motors" is bull....

the KA is a fine motor...nothing wrong with it at all....

i will take the KAT...over the s2000 motor..any time of the day...

jon ormesher
Car: playing guitar and harmonica, working (fixing) my 240 and my freinds 240's, driving...

Quote »Don't forget put a head on with better valve angles, intake manifold, combustion chamber, exhaust, cams, ect......[/quote]

thats why i said destroke the ka then build it. yea its no small task but neither is making consistent high revving power out the KA. destroke and build and it will be solid, rev higher, and still make the torque.. blah...

Exar-Kun

actually destroking it would probably lose a good bit of torque. and if you wanted a 2.2l high revving engine, go buy a SR20DE(t, maybe) and buy a TODA stroker kit...BANG 2.2L 8k RPM engine....and not a lot of smooth torque, buts its still a kick-*** engine.-chet

shack

Foget high reving, it sucks to have a fast car but have to rev the hell out of it to go anywhere. I no and that is why I am getting rid of my honda.

Exar-Kun

:withstup

w0rd. good pick of a body style too, man.if you need any help, let me know I got a crap load of links to modification sites build up..-chet

gyfer

where ya link ? :)

technoman
Car: puss

Since when was the KA a truck motor? As I remember the 240 got the KA first. The older trucks had a Z24 8 spark plug s*** motor. Not the ka. Nissan realized the potential of this motor a used it in replacement of the Z24 multi coil.

Exar-Kun

you wanted links?E-mail me, I will send you a ZIP file full of car links.-chet[email protected][email protected]

insane_240

NT

huguetpj
Car: 93 KAT Coupe

actually the Nissan Stanza was the first to get the KA... So nough with the TRUCK MOTOR!!!

:rolleyes jeesshh

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”