High idle & loss of power issue after swapping KA

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
JayS13Project
Car: 1991 240sx Fastback Base model with issues.

Hello folks been a while.

So we swapped out my old ka (91) for another out of a 96 S14 got her all in and it didnt turn found out block held no compression. So we pulled her out and swapped the block for my 91 block (S14 head s13 block used s14 fuel rail and injectors too) replaced all gaskets and seals put her all in 1st turn of key shes fires. Now this is where the issues begin with correct timing she idles at 1000-1500 and when putting moderate power on the pedal it feels like she does nothing like she almost stops.

The original 91 motor was ran without oil and overheating for a bit due to bad oil leak and s*** cooling system one day it cut off on me completely but turned back on afterwards and I filled her with oil etc she was fine besides what sounded like a bent valve either way we only used block but could that contribute to the power loss now? Had similar issues with 91 motor after it cut off on me bogging under throttle.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

What's up Jay!

I'm going to move you into the engine forum to see if you can get a faster answer. Good luck!

JayS13Project

RicerX wrote:What's up Jay!

I'm going to move you into the engine forum to see if you can get a faster answer. Good luck!
Thanks!

JayS13Project

bump

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”