HID Upgrade to 6k Low Beam & Fog

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
paigoomein

AWESOME write-up.

adr4

Sorry everyone, I have been out of it for a little while. To answer all questions, yes the brackets came with purchase that I mention in the first post. Yes the entire set up fo both LB and Fogs came to $91. Here is the pic of the final product as promised. I am really enjoying them.

paigoomein

FYi, I just received my order for the H11 kit (3000k) and they did NOT include any brackets. I've emailed HIDextra to see if that was a miss on their part.

debiniarthug
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35 - Luxury Tech Package
2004 Maxima-Driver Package
2000 Maxima

I'm finallyl started my install last night! The fog light mounting was simple. Paigoomein - they send a "3M tape" nock-off to mount the ballast. Don't use it. Go purchase the brand name tape to be sure it'ss hold. What was difficult is that my wiring looked different then what was in the fog HID setup. I didn't take pictures because I was so frustrated. I only completed one side so i'll taje pic of the other side.1. The two plug in play wires went thought the bulp insultaion. 1 wire was connected to the bulb the other needed to connect to the car for power and the ballast. So the insulation could not insulate the bulb from the eliments.2. The 6000k LB's took forever! My fat hands found it tought to grap thesquare box attached to the bulb. Once I did grap it well, my mistake was thinking that the box came out with the bulb. When I figureded it out and replaced the LB it still didn't work. I tried both new 6000k bulbs, no luck. I was thinking it my be the sq box isn't attached properly. I never really felt it click into place. But even when I had the bulb plugged into it outside of the projector, it still didn't click into the sq. Box and never created light. I don't know if it defective equipment or installed improperly because the side I was replacing wasn't working to begin with, I diagnosed that the problem was the bulb. Maybe it's something else? Maybe even a fuse, but then again both Low Beams would be out. I guess i'll be going to the dealer soon to figure it out. Unless of course any of you helpful guys have any ideas of course. By the wasy: pardon the spelling I'm using my cell to post while waiting on an oil change.

paigoomein

FYI, here's the reply from HIDExtra.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Our manufacturing plant has two machines, one of them comes with the size for brackets and one machines uses adhesive pads,

so which ever shipment we get from our manufacturing department is what we ship to customers, they are all prepacked from the

plant and there is no way for me to request otherwise. Sorry for the inconveniece.

Thanks for your understanding~
paigoomein wrote:FYi, I just received my order for the H11 kit (3000k) and they did NOT include any brackets. I've emailed HIDextra to see if that was a miss on their part.

paigoomein

what's also a bit lame is that the bulbs in the kit are hard-wired, meaning that if they go out, you can't just buy a bulb and plug-in to replace.

fooitm35x
Car: 2007 M35x

paigoomein wrote:what's also a bit lame is that the bulbs in the kit are hard-wired, meaning that if they go out, you can't just buy a bulb and plug-in to replace.
It's time you get yourself a kit on eBay for $10 - it will come with brackets and the bulbs won't be hardwired.And for $10 for a kit and for $5 for replacement bulbs you can get different colors and try whatever you like the most.

fiveliterbeater
Car: 2006 EVO IX, 2000 Maxima SE,2005 Altima 3.5 SE

paigoomein wrote:FYI, here's the reply from HIDExtra.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Our manufacturing plant has two machines, one of them comes with the size for brackets and one machines uses adhesive pads,

so which ever shipment we get from our manufacturing department is what we ship to customers, they are all prepacked from the

plant and there is no way for me to request otherwise. Sorry for the inconveniece.

Thanks for your understanding~
it's situations like this, that is the reason i bought my HID conversion kit off EBAY. the only thing i bought from HIDextra.com were diffrent color bulbs (which work awesome by the way)

paigoomein

yeah, unfortunately I learned the hard way. hopefully this sharing of information will help others not to make the same mistake I did.

wizard8873
Car: 2006 Infiniti M45 Sport
2013 VW Golf R
2006 Triumph Daytona 675

Great write-up and thanks. Def something I plan to do only go with 3k fogs and leave the lowbeams alone. Possible do something with the highbeams.

Also, DDM tuning is a great company to look at. Checked their prices and $30 for one set and $50 for another. Have them for low's and high's on my motorcycle and great quality and awesome support.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/

paigoomein

I've had my bulbs changed out for a few weeks now (low-beam to 6000k). at first they seemed great--both were a nice clear white with just a tad of blue tint. now I've noticed that one of the bulbs (right) is not quite as bright and has a slight purplish tinge to it. has anyone else had this happen before? is it as simple as a bad bulb?

gsmollin
Car: 2008 M35x, Platinum Graphite w/ Graphite interior

I'm not surprised by the mentality of the replies I got to my warnings about daylight bulbs on auto headlights and foglights. The same level of irresponsiblity that drinks and drives would do this too. The fact is, however, that you people are far more likely to be dying than I am, as you blind every oncoming driver on a foggy and rainy night. F*****g-off is going to be optional.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

wizard8873 wrote:Great write-up and thanks. Def something I plan to do only go with 3k fogs and leave the lowbeams alone. Possible do something with the highbeams.

Also, DDM tuning is a great company to look at. Checked their prices and $30 for one set and $50 for another. Have them for low's and high's on my motorcycle and great quality and awesome support.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/
I have used DDM for my own kits on the Maxima.

I am going local this time though for the M next week.

Just some more information for you guys:

55w kits wash out the color a little bit, so 6000k in 55w would look like 5000k in 35w.

BlinG*
Car: 2007 M45 Sport

OP - does the fog kit listed in your write up have the bulb hard wired? If so, any of you other guys have a 6000k HID fog kit that you can replace the bulbs ? Rather order the right stuff from the start !

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

DDM kits should be hard wire...

asoomal
Car: 2001 Subaru Impreza L 5MT (Daily)
1992 Nissan 240SX SE 5MT w/HICAS (Being restored)

Why not get Hella's, or even Bosch HID's?

They're actual HID's, what manufacturers use, not these cheap made in China or w.e crap. :poke:

BlinG*

does anyone have any experience with either of these two products (or website/brand)?

low beams: (600k)
http://www.carhidkits.com/acura-66/nsx- ... r-215.html

fog lights (will this kit work for the fogs?)
http://www.carhidkits.com/xenon-hid-kit ... t-183.html

Ilya

BlinG* wrote:does anyone have any experience with either of these two products (or website/brand)?

low beams: (600k)
http://www.carhidkits.com/acura-66/nsx- ... r-215.html

fog lights (will this kit work for the fogs?)
http://www.carhidkits.com/xenon-hid-kit ... t-183.html
M's that came with HID:

D2S Low Beam
9005 High Beam
H11 Fog Light

M's that came without HID:

H1 Low Beam
9005 High Beam
H11 Fog Light

Your first one looks fine, but I don't know the size of the second link (for the fogs).

I recommend a 55w 6000k kit for the low beam from DDM Tuning and a 35w 3000k kit for the fog light from DDM Tuning.

BlinG*

I finally completed my HID low beam & fog upgrade last weekend. I decided to upgrade the reverse lights to LED's as well...
While I had the wheels pulled I decided to paint my calipers and the inside/outside of the rotor (pics posted in the caliper thread)
(sorry for crappy exposure, it was taken with my phone)

Reverse lights (VLED)

I decided to use heat shrink to seal my wires rather than black electrical tape. here are a couple pictures of that as well.

jhuerto23
Car: 2006 Infiniti M45

nissangirl74 wrote:Nice write up!
x2 :dblthumb: :dblthumb:

ss3walkman
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35

I'm really wanting to change my lights in my M35. I see 55w for headlight and 35w for fogs. Any thoughts where I can purchase some from? Do they sell the headlights and fog lights in a whole or are they separate buys? I just need to know what to look for when I'm purchasing cause I'm clueless lol. I've just been reading along trying to learn. Also, when I finally do buy lights where should I go to get them installed? I'm in Seattle

Fafdawg
Car: 2001 Infiniti QX4 4x4 (Silver) & 2006 M35X AWD With Tech package. (Blk on Blk)

ADR4...I really thank you for your original post and for all the follow up. :dblthumb: I'm not sure if it's you? but i just meet you today at the traffic light in Woodbridge VA. If it's not you i still love you HID setup. I have 2006 M35X Black and 2001 Qx4 Silver. I have done the HID's on headlight & Fog on the Qx4, now i need to do the M. Thanks for your post.

NismoNutVA
Car: '07 M35x
'02 Maxima GLE
'91 300ZX 2+2

Has anyone with factory halogens tried using factory pieces to upgrade to HID? i.e. Buying factory parts from totaled M's? I see Nissan ballasts and ballast mounting brackets for sale on e-bay. Any idea what else may be needed?

DoN_BLaZe34
Car: 2007 M45 Sport - Sold
2006 FX45 - Traded
2014 Q70S 5.6 - Sold
2017 Q70L 5.6 - Current

I'm pretty sure using factory ballasts would require you having to splice your headlight wires...people use the aftermarket kits b/c they're plug and play

avishal26
Car: 2014 Infiniti QX60 AWD White on Black Leather - Premium + Drivers Assist + Theatre Package / 2011 Chrysler 300C AWD Loaded / 2006 Infiniti M35x (SOLD) / 2008 Yamaha R1 Raven (SOLD)

NismoNutVA wrote:Has anyone with factory halogens tried using factory pieces to upgrade to HID? i.e. Buying factory parts from totaled M's? I see Nissan ballasts and ballast mounting brackets for sale on e-bay. Any idea what else may be needed?
I didn't know M's came with halogens in lows anywhere? High beam is halogen though.

I have used a kit from Krypton Bulbs which are very good (good customer service and great product). Ask any of the guys over at R1forum.com and they'll have good reviews for this place.

As for changing bulbs, if you have a HID bulb already, then you should be able to switch the bulbs ... straightforward swapping of the D2S bulbs. If you have halogens in the projector set-up, then you won't have ballasts already, you will need a HID kit to match your bulb type (not sure if its H7 or H1 or whatever..)

adr4

Fafdawg wrote:ADR4...I really thank you for your original post and for all the follow up. :dblthumb: I'm not sure if it's you? but i just meet you today at the traffic light in Woodbridge VA. If it's not you i still love you HID setup. I have 2006 M35X Black and 2001 Qx4 Silver. I have done the HID's on headlight & Fog on the Qx4, now i need to do the M. Thanks for your post.
It was me!!! and you are welcome! It easy to do. Let me know if you have any questions!

Fafdawg
Car: 2001 Infiniti QX4 4x4 (Silver) & 2006 M35X AWD With Tech package. (Blk on Blk)

adr4...I received the H11 6000K for my 2006 M35x. I was wondering if you had to modify the wires or cut the black rubber to pass the wires out of the way? Thank you for all you time.

adr4

Fafdawg wrote:adr4...I received the H11 6000K for my 2006 M35x. I was wondering if you had to modify the wires or cut the black rubber to pass the wires out of the way? Thank you for all you time.
Sorry for the slow response, work & family life have taken up all my time. I haven't been able to get on here in awhile.

Didn't have to cut anything. It should all be plug and play! I used cable straps to get everything out of the way. Hope that helps!

sda206
Car: 07 m45

What a great post, pic by pic instruction. I know its a bit old, but thanks Adr4! it truly is as easy as described.

one side complete

final product

i ordered 6k bulbs and kit from ddmtuning. the brackets were POS, didnt even use them. If you order from these guys, be ready to wait 3-4 weeks as they are simply dropped shipped from china. Not that i needed them, no instructions either.

paulderek
Car: Nissan sentra 2004

I purchased a hid kit from http://www.hidkit.com/Nissan-HID-Kits/ 50w with 8000k bulbs ( I love the icy blue) and with slim ballast. It arrived in 3 days but I went to the shop for install and they did it for $15 :)

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”