Hey guys, need a little help with my sds efi em3

Discuss topics related to the CA18DE and CA18DET series engines.
boost_boy
Car: B12 sentra w/built CA18DET, B12 sentra w/fully-built CA18DET, S13 coupe w/ CA18DET, S13 hatch w/CA18DET, 2002 maxima SE

A 1000cc is more than enough, but they would be great to have "Now" if you're going to upgrade soon to the bigger turbocharger. If you are at least 6 months + away from upgrading the snail, leave the 450s in and enjoy. Your setup sounds fun :)

Buddyworm

If he's talking 1000cc Bosch EV14 types he'll be fine. They're stable at the pulsewidths you'll see with a CA at idle.

EV1 tech on the other hand...

Sc0oByDo0RaCeR
Car: 240sx s13- ca18det.

boost_boy wrote:A 1000cc is more than enough, but they would be great to have "Now" if you're going to upgrade soon to the bigger turbocharger. If you are at least 6 months + away from upgrading the snail, leave the 450s in and enjoy. Your setup sounds fun :)
Lol yea I'm just going to enjoy it for while till next year. But is there anything else I need to know ?

Sc0oByDo0RaCeR

Buddyworm wrote:If he's talking 1000cc Bosch EV14 types he'll be fine. They're stable at the pulsewidths you'll see with a CA at idle.

EV1 tech on the other hand...
I have 1000cc Bosch from my rx7 its low impadace. It's was in the ca18 before I swapped out to 450cc ,and the car idle fine with 1000cc. But I still think is a little too much for now that's why I swapped them 450cc. But I really wanna see 15psi and up on this motor before swapping the other motor in hehe.

boost_boy
Car: B12 sentra w/built CA18DET, B12 sentra w/fully-built CA18DET, S13 coupe w/ CA18DET, S13 hatch w/CA18DET, 2002 maxima SE

15 psi? Why can't you get 15 psi now? I run on 15 psi with the boost controller off and only using standard wastegate spring pressure. Man, go boost the darn thing. I don't think you can hurt much with your current set-up, but make sure you parameters are not out of whack for those 450s. If you want to, you can PM your parameters and I can tell you "YAY or NAY". :naughty:

Sc0oByDo0RaCeR

boost_boy wrote:15 psi? Why can't you get 15 psi now? I run on 15 psi with the boost controller off and only using standard wastegate spring pressure. Man, go boost the darn thing. I don't think you can hurt much with your current set-up, but make sure you parameters are not out of whack for those 450s. If you want to, you can PM your parameters and I can tell you "YAY or NAY". :naughty:
Lol just wanted to be safe and start at low psi . But I'll pm you once I write everything down. Thanks man.

Sc0oByDo0RaCeR

Hey guys just came back with some updates. So I been driving the car for a week now and and she been really good.

float_6969
Car: CA18DET swapped 1995 Nissan 240sx (too many mods to list)
2015 SV Leaf w/QC & Bose (daily)

Great!

Sc0oByDo0RaCeR

You know on 12psi this thing feel crazy. I was doing 4th gear pull last night to dial in af and I got it where I want it,this thing is driving like a na car when I'm not in boost and once I punch on it,hells break loose lol. But I just want to keep you guys updated and I'm going to turn the boost up slowly and keep dial in if needed since I always have my eyes on the wideband.

dash
Car: s13 ca18

glad to c u enjoying it. The little turd can scoot
don't get too carried away with timing. Feels so good..... up until then the condom bursts :chuckle:
what u using for knock monitoring ?

Buddyworm

dash wrote:glad to c u enjoying it. The little turd can scoot
don't get too carried away with timing. Feels so good..... up until then the condom bursts :chuckle:
To dash you listen, yes.

For reference: My shortblock is stock with a 2mm thick MLS headgasket, TD06-20G. On 15psi I'm at 16* advance for most of the revband. Engine doesn't want any more than that.

Sc0oByDo0RaCeR

Lmao.I'm not playing with the timing that much I'm still only playing with the af for now, till the dyno. For knock I'm just looking at the sds knock screen while my girl do some pulls and I'll adjust what is needed.

Sc0oByDo0RaCeR

Buddyworm wrote:
To dash you listen, yes.

For reference: My shortblock is stock with a 2mm thick MLS headgasket, TD06-20G. On 15psi I'm at 16* advance for most of the revband. Engine doesn't want any more than that.
I'm kinda still scared to go to 15psi on minds even tho I have a gt2871r but also stockblock, but building another one on the side. It's hard to find a tuner that plays with the sds in the northeastern area. Most of them always tell me it's better if i get a apexi fc,Aem or different brand.But I'm happy with sds and why spend more money if your car is running fine and just need to be on the dyno more.

dash
Car: s13 ca18

When a buddy 'whined' to sds about the lack of bells & whistles, polite reply was, "sounds like you've outgrown our system"
He got his wish; AEM, and a car that's completely useless on the street. Ridiculous power

I know a few cats still running sds from way back.
Bottom line - does the job for what they intended = proper tune fun street car
Some can break traction in 3rd or make more power than u can use on the street really
I can remember one or two of em mentioning magnets flying out at 1st, and the programmer going bad
They are all diy types that quickly learned to tune.... and never been on a dyno
.....and that's without the luxury of girl like yours :crazy: Had to settle for some boxhead. Marry her

Sc0oByDo0RaCeR

dash wrote:When a buddy 'whined' to sds about the lack of bells & whistles, polite reply was, "sounds like you've outgrown our system"
He got his wish; AEM, and a car that's completely useless on the street. Ridiculous power

I know a few cats still running sds from way back.
Bottom line - does the job for what they intended = proper tune fun street car
Some can break traction in 3rd or make more power than u can use on the street really
I can remember one or two of em mentioning magnets flying out at 1st, and the programmer going bad
They are all diy types that quickly learned to tune.... and never been on a dyno
.....and that's without the luxury of girl like yours :crazy: Had to settle for some boxhead. Marry her
No,i love the sds it's easy to wire up and tune, even tho I'm still new to tuning, but the system is really easy to understand.The reason why I wanna go on the dyno is to see the max timing I can go on the car. Me and my lady been with each other for 8 years and your the 20th person that said that this week lol, soon this year.

Sc0oByDo0RaCeR

Hey guys just coming back to give an update.so I went on the dyno last week and after the 4th pull on the dyno, the dyno rpm signal pick up for the the dyno keep freezing.so we try it 4 more time and the dyno was still doing the same thing. so I couldn't do anymore pulls. I maxed out the 450cc at 16psi 20degree. It was at 134 duty cycle, so I swapped them out to the 1000cc and fine tuning the fuel.just waiting on the dyno to be fix and I'm going back on.im also going to the track this Wednesday to dial in the fuel for the 1000cc and see if I can get good numbers at the track too lol.

float_6969
Car: CA18DET swapped 1995 Nissan 240sx (too many mods to list)
2015 SV Leaf w/QC & Bose (daily)

What kind of power did you end up making?

Sc0oByDo0RaCeR

278whp at 16psi with the 450cc.but I might be wrong because the dyno was acting up and frezzing up. So once the dyno get fix I'm going back and turning the boost up. I also hit the track and did low 14s, frist and sec gear was spinning non stop, after I was done doing 4th gear pulls to dial in the fuel after installing the 1000cc.

boost_boy

Check your PMs. I'll shoot you my number and I can assist you from here. I do believe your turbo will run out of puff by the time I'm done with you :chuckle:

Sc0oByDo0RaCeR

:dblthumb: thanks
boost_boy wrote:Check your PMs. I'll shoot you my number and I can assist you from here. I do believe your turbo will run out of puff by the time I'm done with you :chuckle:

Return to “CA18DE / CA18DET Forum”