Here we go again.... (Just read this)

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

Where the hell do I begin.

Thought I was over with this thing called accidents. Really thought so. Definitely less than 2 years. Took the ol' girl to Jacksonville with the guys (or how we call it, Not Florida). Could you not, this kid, was on his cell phone. I had a buddy with me cosplaying as link. Let's just say, kid wasn't paying attention in peak bumper-to-bumper downtown traffic. My mid-back went from already painful due to incorrect sleeping position that night to hell and back * 4 within minutes after impact.

Here is something interesting: Guess who's on the hook?

If you guessed, Progressive Insurance, you hit the jackpot! They immediately, not even getting checked by the doctors, wanted to pay me out. Offered me $4k on the spot while I was pulling into the local hospital parking lot to get checked out. My insurance, Geico (bless that great soul of my medical adjuster), told me to get a lawyer when I told them what Progressive tried to do earlier that day. Messaged the same lawyer who took my case against Progressive Pro-bono last time (yes, I know they will take a cut this time).

Now lets talk about the rental. I got a 2021 Toyota Rav4 XLE w/ 51800 miles on the odo. Oh lord, does the XLE makes the Rogue SV look like a freaking luxury vehicle. Build quality was lacking, but it was one of the most comfortable modern Toyota's I have been in so far. Build quality was soooo bad it makes the Kicks a better option. Now, the driver assist feature. It falls a little underneath Nissan's Intelligent system, but way below HondaSensing/AcuraWatch. While the Rogue starts in 1st (presumably 2nd in ECO) the Rav4 starts in freaking 4th gear (regardless of drive mode). Even the key fob was sooooo light, that the Rogue Key-fob was heavier (I always have both car fobs on me at all times).

Next is my dash camera. Yes, it paid for itself again, but it also earned me a free upgrade from Blackvue themselves.

I guess you all are wondering what type of damage occurred on my MDX? Just rear bumper damage. But then bodyshop gave me a price that was impossible to pass, so I got my hood repainted. All I can say is, my MDX's paint chips very easily compared to the old Rogue and current Rogue.

Niti QX4
Car: 2004 Nissan Xterra

Dang, that stinks. Hope you are healing up okay.

datechboss101

My recovery is taking its sweet time to heal up.

fontana dan
Car: 1997 Infiniti Q45

Sorry about that hope you get to feeling better.
And your rental...is probably pretty beat at 51800 miles. cant be too harsh on toyota but interiors are pretty cheap on them, look at the carpet.

datechboss101

fontana dan wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:26 pm
Sorry about that hope you get to feeling better.
And your rental...is probably pretty beat at 51800 miles. cant be too harsh on toyota but interiors are pretty cheap on them, look at the carpet.
That carpet was already ripped. The steering wheel was also damaged.

Return to “General Chat”