HELP!!! to find a route through front bulkhead on a 2011 Infiniti G37 convertible

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
wineprovider
Car: 2011 G37 Convertible

After finding out that I haven`t got DRLs I want to fit a after market set.
Has anyone had to find a way through the front bulkhead? I want to try to make it as professional looking as possible and wonder if there is a gromit I can get a tracer cable through.
Hope someone can help.
Kind regards,
Martyn

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Punch a hole through an existing wire harness grommet. Use the FSM for locations of ones you can't spot by visual investigation (like ones running underneath a fender liner). The main engine harness should have a large grommet portal through the firewall (bulkhead). Or, you can drill your own hole wherever you see fit (maybe this is best). If you do, it'll have sharp edges, so you line that hole with a plug or aftermarket grommet with the wires going through the center.

wineprovider

Thanks centralcoaster33 it is helpful although I am reluctant to drill holes when I won`t be able to see the other side.
I`ll find a an existing gromit.
Take care,
Martyn

centralcoaster33

Well, yeah, be sure you can see both sides when drilling anything! You can see the other side of a new hole the same way you'd see the back side of an existing hole or grommet.

wineprovider

Grateful thanks for the input.
I`ve solved the problem and this thread could be closed but I don`t know how.
Thanks again,
Martyn

centralcoaster33

I'm glad you got it figured out! I hope your DRL's are everything you hope them to be.

There is no real 'closing' of threads here. We lock them sometimes for violation of terms of conduct, in the future someone else may decide to post to this thread with more information or questions, so we leave most 'open'. Someone may ask you what kind you installed or how well they fit or looked...

wineprovider

Good point. I`ll post a photograph when done.
Thanks again,
Martyn

wineprovider

All done but I don`t like them. They stick outy to much.
Wiring was tapped into main loom.
I`ll have a think.
Regards to all.
Martyn
[url]/http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg24 ... rln.jpgurl[]

centralcoaster33

I see the picture. Those are not what I was thinking of when I imagined them. I thought they'd be all up inside the housing with the rest of the headlight stuff.

Maybe you can cut grooves into the mesh trim stuff and push them into that. Or you could mount them to the top of that opening area, more like to the silver part of your bumper, instead of the middle of the black mesh area. Maybe you'll be glad you cut nothing and you'll just sell them off used. Either way, I'm sorry they didn't work out as well as we hoped.

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”