help

1972-1979 Datsun 620 forums. All 620-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
mtuttle

my truck  doesnt want to run properly i fooled with the 2 adjuster screws(both on the same side one is the idle and i think the other is the air fuel mixture) and it helped a little but i might have made matters worse.. does anyone know how to start to adjust this thing? it has the electric solinoid on the back with arrows pointing rich/lean thats the choke right? not sure which brand or model it is but the float case is in the front and the cover is clear.. any help would be great! thanks!

71-521

Remember to only change one thing at a time and to record your adjustments in a notebook or log book...that way you can undo whatever makes it worse...

I reciently had my truck crap out on me and it turned out to be the points weren't opening fully...

It sounds like you have the stock carb on there...I have no other help to offer you as mine is a 521 and I've not playd with a 620...yet...anyone else? 

lancekilgore

Ok take your idle screw all the way down until it is flush then back off three complete turns. and adj from there. Did you try cleaning it with carb cleaner? get rid of some of the crud and stuff.  Helps

Lance

Return to “Datsun 620”