help me

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
machinehead

hyndai is the worst when it comes to warranties. most things that break arent part of their 10yr/100k mile bs warranty. then engine could fall out of the engine bay and they would say its ur fault.

Cold_Zero
Car: 2003 (3.5) Altima SE & 2005 Pathfinder

machinehead wrote:didnt get to do the fuel filter yesterday, i fell asleep after work lol. ill do it after class today. im also gonna take that insulation crap out and look at the maf again. i looked at the muffler and it looks like the bottom of it is rusted, could that be a problem? the internals of it could be rusted to hell.

I wouldn't think that a rusted out muffler would cause a restriction in the exhaust system. I think you are pretty safe there.

nlzmo400r
Car: cars

Cold_Zero wrote:I wouldn't think that a rusted out muffler would cause a restriction in the exhaust system. I think you are pretty safe there.
i agree, even if it was rusted out, its not like itd be blockin a whole hell of a lot, actually if it rusted enough itd probably create more flow through the holes:rolleyes

machinehead

grr, i cant get the damn hose off the fuel filter, should i just cut it

machinehead

hrm, im reading about different sensors and components, and i think its the o2 sensor :/ just gotta find my voltmeter

machinehead

here's what i learned: o2 sensors dont kick in until they are heated up, some makes dont turn them on for 1-2 minutes so the engine can stabilize first. if i were to turn my car on right now, go to the stop sign, stop, look, then go....i go fine. but at that second stop i make (3 miles up the road) it doesnt take off after i stop. by this time the 02 sensor is awake. i didnt notice this till yesterday, and observed it today, cuz usually i'd start the car up 5 mins before i leave but i was in a rush yesterday and didnt. now wheres that voltmeter....:p

nlzmo400r

hmm, thanx for the info man, that does make sense to me, im sooo glad my dad is an electrician, and if i ever have any electrical problems with my car, he is always able to help, ive never had this type of problem before, s oim sorry i cant ofer taht much help at all, can u alter the o2 sensor at all, make it turn off or something, that way u could actually figure it the problem before ur car starts 'back talking'

Cold_Zero
Car: 2003 (3.5) Altima SE & 2005 Pathfinder

Its called an 02 eliminator.

machinehead

could i just unhook it and go for a spin?

its either that or clogged injectors. 125k miles and prolly never been cleaned :/

nlzmo400r

well if its got 125k on it, itd be a good idea either cleaning them or jus getting new ones if u can afford it now, and id jus take it off and see what happens, should atleast allow u to narrow down what the potential problem is, those o2 sensors jus make it so it wont run and u have to take it to a dealer

Return to “Altima General Discussions”