HELP: Interior light, power seat/steering wheel not working

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
shockfin
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35

Hey Guys,

All my interior lights, driver seat and steering wheel adjustments stopped working. I have tried a few things in attempt to fix the issue but no luck so far :gotme

1.) I disconnected my car battery to reset the car
2.) Checked a couple fuses inside the passenger fuse box and wasn't able to identify a burnt one

Furthermore, I am also noticing a never-seen-before red light coming from below the driver side mirror. :werd:

Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks!

AWGD8
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD JOURNEY

There is also a fuse box next to the car's battery under the hood. Maybe try checking that out too...

shockfin

Thanks for the response
Do you have an idea on which specific fuse i should be looking at ? I looked at the fuse box by the battery and half of them looked different(seems like they have a plastic cover on) and I am not sure how to remove those.

shockfin

So I fixed the problem:)
Basically all I had to do was disconnect the battery and leave it disconnected for 15 minutes to reset the BCM. The first time when I did it I didn't leave it off long enough to fully reset(my automatic power windows were reset so I assumed my bcm reset).

Simple fix but I wasted a lot of time checking all the fuses, including the third fuse box hidden beside the battery.

armi

Bump? I've tried the battery reset method and it didn't fix it for me. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and fixed it?

armi

armi wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 10:00 pm
Bump? I've tried the battery reset method and it didn't fix it for me. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and fixed it?
Don't mean to double post but I fixed the problem. I had a dash cam wired to the fuse that controls these functions (#10 or something in the driver compartment). Replacing the dash cam's fuse fixed everything :)

Leaving this reply here so hopefully others can fix their car instead of getting ripped off at the dealership. ;)

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”