HELP!!!!! BRAKE ISSUES.

1972-1979 Datsun 620 forums. All 620-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
zandercage5
Car: Datsun 620

I just put on new front calipers and pads. I blead the line right. There is no air is the lines as far as i know of, but yet when the truck is running the brake pedel is soft and goes to the floor. The oddest part is that the truck feels like it doesnt want to stop. How can i fix this so it doesnt or is this the way it should be? :confused:

hawaii_620
Car: 75 Datsun 620

new-info-about-front-disk-brake-convers ... 03332.html

This might be what you are looking for. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm going to soon. I wish they'd post pictures of the proportioning valve and how/where they mounted it. But I guess you could actually mount it anywhere. Were your brakes working good before the new calipers/pads? Or did you just do a conversion from drum to disc? I just did the conversion, and I'm still working out the kinks to get the brakes to work.

Please post any news or updates on the issue if you solve it. This topic on the forum has a lot of views... but the post with solutions seem to be far and few. So either everyone is driving with bad brakes, or they figure out the solution and forget to post it for others to learn.

Rev_D21
Car: 1986.5 D21 LB HD 2WD V6 5Speed
1991 D21 Reg 2WD Auto
1995 D21 Reg 2WD 5Spd
1996 D21 Reg 4WD 5Spd
2012 Versa 1.6S 5-Speed

Did you remove the calipers? Did the system go dry at any point? You might need to bench bleed the master cylinder or you might have your calipers flipped to the wrong sides which causes air to get trapped. Did you bleed the proportioning valve? Are the rear brakes adjusted properly?

Return to “Datsun 620”