help a newbie with drifting

Nissan dominates the drift scene - Always has, always will.
DriftBandit
Car: this is my 3rd 240sx

I wasnt hating on him for asking why he wants to drift. I just wanted to know if he wanted to do it for the excitement of getting your car sideways, or because he saw it on the cover of import tuner and wants to try to show everyone he can drift.

Drifting is fun i know that, but Just keep it safe and off public roads. and be prepared because if you get into it you will probobly crash sooner or later.

and have fun,-Jon

burnin240sx

DriftBandit wrote:I wasnt hating on him for asking why he wants to drift. I just wanted to know if he wanted to do it for the excitement of getting your car sideways, or because he saw it on the cover of import tuner and wants to try to show everyone he can drift.

Drifting is fun i know that, but Just keep it safe and off public roads. and be prepared because if you get into it you will probobly crash sooner or later.

and have fun,-Jon
just look at the rx-7 @ the d1 event. even the pro's crash. the question is can you afford it. and i don't mean just the car.

JohnI3laze

DriftBandit wrote:Drifting is fun i know that, but Just keep it safe and off public roads. and be prepared because if you get into it you will probobly crash sooner or later.

and have fun,-Jon

OK i'm sure NONE of us have EVER done any drifting or anything illegal at all for that matter on public roads right? Anyone have access to private roads they wanna hook me up with? Waiting to go to legal drags, autocrosses and events like that up here in north New England sucks. Not to mention, where the hell do you folks practice things like drifting then? if not on public roads.I'm not trying to condone doing it, I'm just saying.. be realistic... Get off your soapbox(all of you, not just DB) and stop preachin when you know you've done it too. And about damaging your car drifting... You will definitely damage it somehow, probably sooner then later. If not by hitting something, then just by wearing out tires and suspension.

DriftBandit
Car: this is my 3rd 240sx

I can see your point johni3laze,but when I say public roads, I mean the roads where there are other people driving on them or around the area, yeah empty parking lots are a great place to learn how to drift, and so are empty streets with wide corners. Its just that Ive heard alot of stories from kids that try to do it when the roads are busy, and a few of them have crashed, not by hitting a curb or a wall, but by hitting another car!

You just have to becareful, drifting is basically a controlled LOSS of control. You just have to do it at the right time and place.(late at night and empty roads). sorry about the confusion about public roads, just about every road is public but make sure the public is off the roads where you drift.

-Jon

Return to “Nissan Drift Forum”