Hello! Have a question about my 97 pickup transmission

Want to talk about non-Nissan cars? Here's the place!
SPEED///
Car: 1997 NISSAN PICK UP

Hello everybody, new guy here. I just bought a 1997 Nissan hardbody 2 wheel drive. It was driving great until this morning. I was going up a hill for work, and shifted from 4th to 5th and it did not go in. And after that no gear would go in. Transmission was shiftingperfectly u til this. A few times while taking off in first gear the truck would kind of struggle as if I were releasing the clutch to soon. The truck turns kn good and everything but if I try and put it in any gear it just grinds and don't go in.
Anybody have this issue before.?
Any help is appreciated. I'm hoping it's not the transmission. Because I don't really have that kind of money to spend on it. As why I bought it as a daily.
Thanks guys!
Rio Rancho New Mexico here

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

Almost sounds like the slave or master isn't pushing on the throwout bearing enough. Maybe get someone under the truck to look at it while you hit the clutch to verify its moving a good inch or so.

Mrmikey
Car: 96 Nissan Pickup and 05 nissan altima

I have a 96 hard body and today I pulled out from a red light and everything was fine until I got to 5th and nothing, 1st through 4th are just fine but now there's no 5th or reverse

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

You should probably just start a new thread. That's an entirely separate issue.

Return to “Others”