Hell of a deal on a new M45 ?

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
dougs98Q45
Car: Golf

Go Fred! Now you just need to get one of those countdown clocks (left over from Y2K) and watch the seconds drag by.....

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

And I will almost certainly buy it from Scottsdale Infiniti who have helped us out for many years, even back when we were the yahoo Infiniticlub and who even know are an actual sponsor here on NICO.

Fred...:)

PalmerWMD

A 1 year used 2k3 Q45 wont be out of the question either (new is out of this soldiers budget).

Fred..:)

yidal8

Now , I know I starterd this thread , but this weekend while sitting in the N.Y. blackout , I was thinking again . The truth is that I have struggled with the Q in many winter situations , even with my dedicated snows tires . My street is windy , steep , and so is my driveway . The street is rural like , and shaded with massive trees , so it ices up very easily when very cold . Many times I remember telling myself that my next car will be an AWD . Now I am back with the M , forgetting all of this . I think the M may be even worse then the old Q , because of the low profile 18"'s . No , I don't have traction control on my Q .The FX is nice , but I don't like driving these damn trucks/SUV's , we already have one in the family . Maybe I should go for the G35AWD . But a G is not an M .

PalmerWMD

Real dedicated Wintertires solve all those problems.

Blizzaks or Michelin Alpine or some such.And then you can out-trac SUV's shod w/ all season tires.

yidal8

I don't know Fred , I have Dunlop snows on another set of OEM wheels . It helps but anything over 3" of snow , I can not get up my driveway , and need lots of momentum coming down my driveway to go up my street to the main street in town. Obviously I live with this issue . Most people would not drive a Q in these conditions anymore . Lets put it this way : I blow and scrape my driveway every time there is snow , because I don't want to leave the Q down , rather put her in the garage . If I f was to drive my wife's Pathfinder , I would have to blow the driveway maybe one time every winter . However , we are talking about maybe 5-10 bad days per year , if the winter is bad , like the last one up here in Long Island , N.Y.

PalmerWMD

Your Q has no TCS?

With mine + TCS in Minnesota it seemed like a winter machine.I remember this one steep driveway and SUV's ahd problems with it but I didnt.

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

This is what you need for winter Q bliss.....

A set of dedicated snow tires..... Studded if you can...... Mine are.....

TCS.....

2 50lb bags of sand or salt in the trunk..... Gives you extra traction over the wheels, and if you do get stuck, you can use it to help you get out....

A really small plastic shovel......

Finally, a chain in case you get really stuck.... I wish I would have had one last year.... My dad had to push me out of this one place with his truck, and now the bumper is cracked where he pushed :(

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”