headrest DVD player

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
rocastro71
Car: 2008 Infiniti M35S

Does anyone here have installed aftermarket headrest DVD players on their Ms? If yes, did you swap the original headrest to the aftermarket ones. Do the leather match exactly in color and grain? How much did you spend and please post pictures if you don't mind.I'm thinking of getting one for the kids to watch at the back. A local stereo shop recommends power acoustic or farenheit mobile video around $800 installed. Before I decide, I want to make sure the headrest matches well and the quality of the brands recommended are good. Thanks for your help.

bredtime
Car: '06 Infiniti M45 / '08 Infiniti QX56 / '08 Acura TSX

Although probably much more expensive, your local Infiniti Parts has headrests with video screens in them. The Infiniti Headrests will match the leather and grain perfectly.

pangpang77

I ordered a pair and will be having them installed next Friday. Because I have the Bourbon interior, it was much harder to find a company that did it. A company by the name of SAAV had the Bourbon headrests. When they first came in they didn't quite match, but I've sent them back including one of my rear headrests and they are going to reupholster based on matching to the rear headrest.

I'll post once I get them back and have them installed.

rocastro71

I appreciate it. Looking forward to see it once installed.

rocastro71

You know it will cost a lot when it comes from the dealer. I bet it is made by visualogic as they are the only company I know so far that makes exact headrest monitors specific to the car. If it's from infiniti, it would have been offered as an accessory or option once the car was sold. Thanks for the help though.

pangpang77

There are other options as well. There is one made by Myron and Davis. Please find the factory matched ones at QualityMobileVideo.com . That's where I ordered my SAVVs from. They are great:

http://www.qualitymobilevideo.....aspx

Some dealers carry products from http://www.invisionindustries.com/ . I was quoted $1750 installed for the SL model on mine. You need to check with Invision which dealers they go through. They have some pretty nice monitors as well, the newest one with LED backed screens.

Dumamei
Car: 06 M35.

I have Myron and Davis headrests. They match perfectly. I got the headrest with the TV's only. I then bought two DVD players and had them installed in the opening where the back armrest folds into. I have had them for a couple of weeks and they work great and look great too.

rocastro71

I apprec
Dumamei wrote:I have Myron and Davis headrests. They match perfectly. I got the headrest with the TV's only. I then bought two DVD players and had them installed in the opening where the back armrest folds into. I have had them for a couple of weeks and they work great and look great too.
I appreciate all of your suggestions. Please post pictures if you can. Thanks.

nadzak
Car: M35

Dumamei wrote:I have Myron and Davis headrests. They match perfectly. I got the headrest with the TV's only. I then bought two DVD players and had them installed in the opening where the back armrest folds into. I have had them for a couple of weeks and they work great and look great too.
Photos?

Dumamei

nadzak wrote:
Photos?
Just took some pics, its 1130 pm, car is in the garage, lighting sucks and the pics are not great. The color is way off.. My seats are normally wheat, some pics they look orangish and some light grey.. Once I get my new wheels(next wednesday, I hope), i'll get some day time pics where you can see the true color..

Both screens

Myron&Davis

DVD Players

DVD players up close

Screens from outside the car

Armrest closed

fiveliterbeater
Car: 2006 EVO IX, 2000 Maxima SE,2005 Altima 3.5 SE

now let me ask: are those TV's a stand-alone unit? does each TV play it's own movie based on the fact that i see there is 2 dvd players. and for the sound, do you have to have headphones? or is the sound integrated in the factory system?

little explanation please

Dumamei

fiveliterbeater wrote:now let me ask: are those TV's a stand-alone unit? does each TV play it's own movie based on the fact that i see there is 2 dvd players. and for the sound, do you have to have headphones? or is the sound integrated in the factory system?

little explanation please
I can watch the same movie on both screens if I want, or I can watch two seperate movies on both screens. As far as sound, one is hooked up through the radio, via a FM modulator. THe other uses headphones. BUt if my wife and son are watching the same movie, then the sound plays through the radio, if my wife wants to watch something different, she uses headphones to hear, while my sons show is playing through the radio.

rocastro71

It seems like the color matches perfectly with the leather however, I can tell that the shape of the headrest is way different compared to the OEM headrest. If the company advertises that it is a "perfect match" headrest compared to the OEM, should'nt the shape of the headrest be the same shape as an OEM headrest. I was looking into universal headrest monitors compared to advertised ones like vizualogic and Myron and Davis "vehicle specific" monitors if there is any difference. Definitely they are more expensive than universal headrest monitors but is it worth paying more that's why I am asking anyone who has them if they can post pictures so our members cab compare. Thanks for the pictures.

kimikmy
Car: nissan bluebird

See my headrest dvd, got it recently, installed by myselves. 9 inch with really nice touch screen. http://www.justcardvd.com/products/9-in ... stem-.html

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”