My Headlights Are Dim (solution inside!)

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Mrcjolsen
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue S AWD

Certified used 2011 Rogue S AWD with 44k miles.

When I drive at night, it seems like I run the risk of outrunning my lights at around 60 mph.

Is this an adjustment issue, or something with the lights, the design, or age.

It seems like the lights are adjusted down a little too much. They seem bright enough, but lack the throw I need.

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

My first impression when my Rogue was new....I actually thought the headlights were pretty bright and lit the road very well. Moreover, I have the non-hids.

I also know that when it rains, personally I am finally having a difficult time seeing at night when it rains being the old fart that I am. And light being absorbed by the wet pavement don't help.

Perhaps, you should install the OEM foglights, I heard they help alot by the word going around here.

It also helps that it is usually not that dark in the mid-urban city where I live in which there are light posts on every block. So it's really not that dark most of the time. Hence your head lights are really to warn people you are approaching since it does not light the road much when going through the brightly lit streets.

This actually causes many to drive with their headlights off not realizing so. :ohno:

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

you just simply need to adjust them. this is common in almost every car. from vibrations up front, the adjustment can get out of whack.

I COULDN'T RUN OUT TO MY CAR AND TAKE PICS, SO I STOLE SOME HEADLIGHT PICS FROM EBAY lol BUT I DRAFTED UP THE BASIC INSTRUCTIONS. the best is to do this up against a wall at night. i use my garage doors. another good way is to drive down a dark road at night thats empty, and has at least a couple hundred feet of darkness ahead. then make your adjustments & test drive & make adjustments as needed.
JUST KNOW THAT WHEN YOUR CAR IS ACCELERATING OR LOADED IN THE REAR = IT WILL RAISE YOUR HEADLIGHTS, SO DONT RAISE THEM TOO HIGH, BECAUSE EVERY TIME YOU ACCELERATE, IT WILL SHOOT THEM TO THE SKY :)

--

jcircus
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Not sure if your car has this feature (mine does), but there is on some models a switch to raise or lower your headlights for you.. check this youtube vid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THZjSUfCHvk

Qashqai

jcircus wrote:Not sure if your car has this feature (mine does), but there is on some models a switch to raise or lower your headlights for you.. check this youtube vid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THZjSUfCHvk

As far as I know, only the models with HID has this feature.

rjchoops
Car: 08 Rogue SL AWD

A different guest ion. My drivers side amber bulb is weak when the headlights are on but I get full brightness when the turn signal is used. Any ideas why?

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

rjchoops wrote:A different guest ion. My drivers side amber bulb is weak when the headlights are on but I get full brightness when the turn signal is used. Any ideas why?
your talking about the orange bulb correct?
your stating that when the headlights are on = the orange bulb is at 50% (approx) brightness.
your also stating that when the turn signal is used, the bulb blinks at 100% brightness... correct?

Qashqai

ImStricken wrote: your stating that when the headlights are on = the orange bulb is at 50% (approx) brightness.
your also stating that when the turn signal is used, the bulb blinks at 100% brightness... correct?
...which is the normal operation of the lights... :rolleyes:

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

ImStricken wrote: your stating that when the headlights are one = the orange bulb is at 50% (aprox) brightness.
Qashqai wrote:...which is the normal operation of the lights... :rolleyes:
I WAS GONNA TELL HIM TO CHECK HIS BLINKER FLUID lolololollolol

Qashqai

ImStricken wrote: Image
No ImStricken this is not a Nissan-approved blinker fluid. The fluid they recommend for 08 and up Rogues is 999MP-AF011P is its colour is slightly red. If you don't use the proper fluid, you can decrease the life of the lamp.

:bowrofl:

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

Qashqai wrote:No ImStricken this is not a Nissan-approved blinker fluid. The fluid they recommend for 08 and up Rogues is 999MP-AF011P is its colour is slightly red. If you don't use the proper fluid, you can decrease the life of the lamp.

:bowrofl:
i see what you did there.... a cvt fluid joke lol :naughty: :chuckle:

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

+1 guys! Darn near peed myself reading this. :lolling:

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe