Has anyone removed the stock mufflers and wants to get rid of them?

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
EdBwoy

As the title says, I am looking for OEM mufflers. I am doing some inter-platform experiments between the Y50 and Y51.
As these things go, I have some odd luck. I had a bunch of exhaust pieces that I couldn't give away for free, let alone sell... so I took them to the scrapyard to declutter the garage. Now I need some.

Is there anyone in here who by chance has mufflers lying around?

It's related to what I did in this link: https://forums.nicoclub.com/video-jdm-r ... 22537.html

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

I have my M56 OEM ones laying around that I don't need. Was just going to hold on to them just in case or sell to someone who needed them.

EdBwoy

Thanks. If you were to sell them, how much would you ask for?

biggie

No clue what the going price would be. I’ll look to see tomorrow. I’d definately discount it for you.

Shipping cost may be insane though.

armybrat
Car: 2012 M56x with Tech Package (sold)
Custom 2-1/2" X-pipe exhaust with OEM sport mufflers
HPS intake hoses
Uprev tune

The M37 uses the same muffler. Ebay has several used ones in the $126 - $150 price range, plus $25 shipping. Not sure what you're wanting to spend; just a thought.

EdBwoy

Yep! I am interested in either V6 or V8 mufflers.
In all honesty, I am trying to spend as close to $0.00 as possible (paying for S&H, of course).
Stock mufflers typically have no market, and I figured with all the exhaust modifications around here, someone might have a set lying around. Most people I know just leave them at the exhaust shop to be thrown away.

I'll wait for Biggie's numbers (appreciate the discount offer Sir) and make the decision from there since I can get some stainless pipes welded for about $80 total.
This is mainly experimenting with no personal monetary gain as most of my findings are shared with the community (as in that JDM bumper thread linked). I try to balance my curiosity with financial responsibility.

Debonair
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56

I just got rid of mine a few months ago. They would have been yours for free. I'll make sure they're gone later.

DHCrocks
Car: 2012 M56S
2004 G35 Coupe

you can have mine for free but you pay shipping. don't know how much that would cost. if interested I can take some pics.

EdBwoy

Thanks for the generosity guys.

DHCrocks, I'll send you a message to get the ball rolling. I will also call around tomorrow. I believe there was a time you could just drop something to UPS and they'd box it up and ship it as a one-stop shop.

armybrat
Car: 2012 M56x with Tech Package (sold)
Custom 2-1/2" X-pipe exhaust with OEM sport mufflers
HPS intake hoses
Uprev tune

I would be curious as to how the inside is designed. I know the sport mufflers are a straight through design. I'm sure the stock ones are either offset or reverse flow, plus they weigh a ton compared to the sport ones. The stock ones actually sound pretty good when you delete the Y-pipe and mid pipe. I ran mine this way for quite a while...had several compliments from folks who heard me take off at shift change from work.

Debonair
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56

Mine are gone. :frown: Sorry.

EdBwoy

Debonair, thanks for looking into it, I appreciate the effort.
I have also been in contact with Biggie and DHCrocks. Hopefully something good comes out of these experiments soon.

biggie

Haven’t heard from you recently. Let me know. Thanks.

EdBwoy

biggie wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:01 pm
Haven’t heard from you recently. Let me know. Thanks.
Email sent.

EdBwoy

I received Biggie' s mufflers, thanks; and I appreciate everybody else's offer.
For now, my tests with the M45 platform were not successful but all hope is not lost. I'll shelf the mufflers for now until I get started on the next platform.

angusmacg
Car: 2011 Infiniti M37x White/Stone interior

If you are still looking I'm about to have my exhaust system totally replaced and you could have my mufflers for free (just pay shipping). Lots of rust on the pipes and a hole on the pipe on the drivers side muffler.

Craig

EdBwoy

Craig, thanks for the offer. I sincerely appreciate your generosity but for now, I do not need any mufflers immediately; but I might down the road when I get to the exhaust modification part of my research work. If it's not too much of a burden on you, could you hold onto them for a little while? I'll keep you updated whichever way I decide.

angusmacg
Car: 2011 Infiniti M37x White/Stone interior

EdBwoy wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:27 pm
Craig, thanks for the offer. I sincerely appreciate your generosity but for now, I do not need any mufflers immediately; but I might down the road when I get to the exhaust modification part of my research work. If it's not too much of a burden on you, could you hold onto them for a little while? I'll keep you updated whichever way I decide.
Sure. May hold onto them anyway just in case I need to replace one in the future.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”