Harsh ride after jacking up car (1994 infiniti j30)

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
Bobber10
Car: 1994 Infiniti J30t

My suspension has been messed up for a while because every time you close the door it squeaks and I had to replace the front control arms awhile ago but one big problem I have had is every time i jack up the front passenger side of the car, whenever I put it back down the driverside has a really harsh and bumpy ride for a few days. I was wondering if anyone knows what to replace to fix this problem because suspension parts for this car are $$ and i don't want to replace random things and them not be the issue.
Thank you.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Sounds like the shock is hanging up internally. I had the same issue in the right rear on my old Hyundai Elantra. When I cut the shock open after repair, I discovered the shaft detached from the lower seat and evidently "missing the hole" every time the car was jacked up. It caused the shock to almost completely stop compressing, and the self-steering it induced over bumps was downright scary. Two days or a week later, I'd hit a bump and it would find the hole again and the shock would go back to normal.

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”