Happiness is...

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
glennA
Car: G37 Convertible (soon, either 2010 or 2011)

Obviously it's driving one of these nice G37 Convertibles. And I'm smiling everytime I get in mine. But what's even better is finally opening the compartment below the trunk and finding hidden goodies in there!

I bought my convertible last saturday. I haven't had a chance to open the lower trunk area until today. Before I was opening it, I thought about how awesome it would be if the previous owner had left a few stacks of bills hidden in there. Alas, I wasn't that lucky. But I did still find a few goodies.

1) Tire repair kit. No idea it was there or even included.
2) manuals. I actually printed off all the manuals and was considering ordering a set from infiniti. No need now.
But the real biggie....

3) Wind Deflector! I'm pretty sure the dealer I bought it from didn't know about it, as they sure didn't say anything about it.

I didn't get the large stash of cash I was looking for, but I'm still pretty happy!

bschurr
Car: 2009 G37S 6MT Conv

glennA wrote:Obviously it's driving one of these nice G37 Convertibles. And I'm smiling everytime I get in mine. But what's even better is finally opening the compartment below the trunk and finding hidden goodies in there!

I bought my convertible last saturday. I haven't had a chance to open the lower trunk area until today. Before I was opening it, I thought about how awesome it would be if the previous owner had left a few stacks of bills hidden in there. Alas, I wasn't that lucky. But I did still find a few goodies.

1) Tire repair kit. No idea it was there or even included.
2) manuals. I actually printed off all the manuals and was considering ordering a set from infiniti. No need now.
But the real biggie....

3) Wind Deflector! I'm pretty sure the dealer I bought it from didn't know about it, as they sure didn't say anything about it.

I didn't get the large stash of cash I was looking for, but I'm still pretty happy!
Sweet finds!
The manuals should be in simulated leather pouches with velcro on the back and they self attach to the carpet under the flap!

Tire repair kit is standard equipment as long as the Vert wasn't ordered with the spare tire kit. If you don't have a spare tire (IIRC it was only mandatory in MD) don't panic - it likely wasn't included.

Wind deflector find is huge! That accessory is a great addition to top down driving as it drastically reduces the turbulence from the rear.

Glad to hear you are enjoying your new ride! As we say in the 2 wheel world - "Keep the rubber side down" and drive carefully!

glennA

I'm used to no spare and just a tire kit. That's what I've had in my solstice the past few years.

I installed the wind deflector as soon as I found it. That just opened up a whole lot more top down days here in houston. In the few colder months, with that deflector on, I can keep the top down and still be somewhat comfy!

bschurr
Car: 2009 G37S 6MT Conv

Perfect.
My rule is 50*F or warmer and no precip & the G Vert is out with the top down. My fav is a cool evening with the seat heater on !

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Hey, I have a sunroof ;)

It's too cold here tho :(

Fezzik
Car: 2010 G37 Vert w/ stage 1 GTM supercharger

I drive mine in the snow WITH THE TOP DOWN. Its awesome to see peoples faces. I do this maybe once a year, but not often.

glennA

I don't think I want to do that.

I did, however, drive my Solstice GXP convertible with the top down in a rain storm once. I parked to do some shopping and wasn't expecting rain. I ended up staying in the store a lot longer than I planned and came outside to a pretty bad rain storm. I figured, interior is already wet as can be. It won't get more wet. Might as well drive it like it is.

I really intend to NOT do that with my G37.

:)

Fezzik
Car: 2010 G37 Vert w/ stage 1 GTM supercharger

If you go fast enough with the rain, it will stay dry in the car until you can get into a covered area. Happened to me many of times.

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”