Guns, guns, and more guns

Hiking, fishing, hunting, boating, biking, travel and recreation-related discussion forum
bcar240
Car: 1993 240SX HB

Mr1der wrote:I <3 the Nagant rifles...I've got one for 60 bucks someone modded to turn into a hunting rifle...they even heated the bolt handle and turned it down.

fun rifles...ammo is usually mildly corrosive for them though But they're accurate and cheap. Not to mention powerful. Typical Russian rifle.
Agreed, they are a blast . I picked up some newer commercial ammo recently that was non corrosive, but the added cost pretty much defeats the purpose. I am looking to get an M44 carbine version as well. I hear because of the shortened barrel, they only actually burn about half the powder inside the barrel, the other half goes into spewing a respectable column of fire.

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

yes yes they do.

it's usually about a foot long fireball.

they're a little bit louder (hell, either one will deafen a person) and recoil is the same, just a little more muzzle rise.

I've seen a handful in beautiful shape sell for right around a 100bucks here. even one without the bayonet lug.

I'd really like to find one of the sniper rifles personally.

bcar240

I picked up the M91/30 for around that, except for the manufacturer's stamp, it looks like it's only maybe 20-30 years old . They had a really nice example of the sniper version at the shop I got mine at. But I was looking for a plinking gun and it was $350 IIRC, so I passed it up, but it was in great shape with all the accessories.

Zion8561
Car: 92 Nissan S13 Fastback

Nice rifle. I have a Sig P229 in .40SW and it shoots really good. I was looking at the 226, but decided I did not need a full size. My 229 is just getting broken in at around 400 rounds.I have some pics but don't know how to put them up.

Acecool
Car: 1989 240SX Hatch Pig KA24E 126k

P8 Pistol

G36

MG3 (Best in class)http://www.pof.gov.pk/products...3.jpg

NO I do not own these, but they were in my possession while I was in the army..

I was best in class with the MG3, previously known as the MG42 in WWII

Mr1der

it's hard to beat HK.

ever.

I'd really like to get a G3.

they're fun and really damn loud.

not to mention accurate as hell.

JimmyMethod
Car: 97' 240SX SE

Speaking of H&K, I'm turning 21 in a week, and I'm getting my CCW after that. I'm looking to buy a USP9 Match or Standard. However, I'm not sure the best place to look for one. Gun show? Gun shop?

okinawa drift
Car: 89 240sx SOHCoupe

audtatious wrote:I have one of these: Webley .38 revolver

And one of these: AMT 9mm/.380 backup
lol thats cute

bcar240

JimmyMethod wrote:Speaking of H&K, I'm turning 21 in a week, and I'm getting my CCW after that. I'm looking to buy a USP9 Match or Standard. However, I'm not sure the best place to look for one. Gun show? Gun shop?
I have found that if you have some idea what your looking for, a gun show can be a pretty good way to go. IMO, going into a gun show with just no preconceptions or information is a good way to end up either making a bad deal or worse, buying an unsafe gun. The last gun I bought was from a gun show, and that private seller rule is quite the loophole it is claimed to be. I handed some guy a wad of bills, he handed me a rifle, no questions asked. Either way, doing a lot of research is never a bad idea, going to a shop is not going to hurt at all, except maybe a little on the bottom line of the price, but I just have a little better piece of mind shopping there.

Mr1der

while a USP is a great gun....a match version would be a bad move for a carry gun.

it's entirely too damn big.

if you wanna shoot in IDPA...it's a good buy.

I doubt you'll find one of those pistols at a gun show though....best bet would be find a dealer that will order it and mark up no more than 10 percent of their cost.

BUT chances are you won't get to handle one before you buy it like that, make damn sure it's what you want and will meet the criteria for which you're buying the gun in the first place.

JimmyMethod

I'm not really getting it to carry, just to target shoot with. If I wanted a carry pistol, I'd probably go with the USP40 or USP45 Compact.

Mr1der

great gun for target shooting then.

9mm seems to be an inherently accurate caliber

Looneybomber
Car: 02 explorer sprt (grn)
10 G37S (white)

Ohh, a gun thread. I will try and get pictures this weekend.I already have my test taken to get my CCW, now I am needing to get a picture of me and hand everything in so I can go get my CCW.

Future purchases will consist of a Kimber. Though expensive, I have wanted one since I was in HS.

It will end up being my home defense gun since it's easier to hide out of reach of our kid crawling around the house. I will likely keep it between the matress's on my side of the bed. If my GF's exhusband gets out of jail in Janurary and starts doing drugs again, I will very likely have to use it.

As for my concealed carry gun, glock makes a few small .40S&W's. Model 26? I really need to go hold some of them to see which I like the best.

Mr1der

check out the XD too.

I like Kimbers...the team match gun is sweet as hell in person....not sure if I really want a pistol with adjustables for a defense gun though. Thankfully, Kimber makes a ton of different variations of the 1911. I'm waiting to see if they put out a stainless Raptor with dark cocabola wood grips.

Looneybomber
10 G37S (white)

Well it would funtion as both my home defense and target pistol, though hopefull I'll never have to use it for home defense. My Ruger mkII target pistol is great, but it's a .22, not quite enough knock down power for home defense, unless you're trying to defend yourself from a rogue possum. (It works great for that. Search for my "look ma, I shot supper" thread and you will see the possum I shot in the front yard.)

Honestly, nothing beats a shotgun for home defense, but the only way to make the shotgun handy from where I sleep in bed would be to lean it up against the wall next to the bed which isn't a good idea with a toddler walking around. Hiding a pistol between the matress's still nets quick access and is 100% hidden.

JimmyMethod

Looneybomber wrote:Honestly, nothing beats a shotgun for home defense,
Specifically, a DAO-12

Mr1der

I heart DAO-12's and Strykers.

don't forget the SPAS! and benelli M1

OutToWinPAHC
Car: 2015 Silverado, R33 GTST, R32 GTR, RB20 E46 RHD, 2015 Harley Vrod Muscle, 1990 Nissan Patrol

God id have to take pics

S&W 910Springfield 45ACPMauser K98P-38Ruger 10-22 heavy Barrel

But yes I collect Nazi guns, only because they are well made.

Zion8561

I just added a .22LR pistol to my list. It is a Browning Buckmark Stainless (the one with the flattened sides on the barrel). I took it out shooting for the first time today. It is accurate and ammo is really cheap. I can get almost 10x more shooting in with this gun for the same price as my .40 S&W rounds.

Mr1der

buckmarks are fine pistols...a bit of a pian in the *** to takedown...but accurate suckers.

I'd like to get one and a Ruger MKIII and do a good side by side comparison.

Looneybomber
10 G37S (white)

I have my competition model MkIII and some good friends of the family have a Browning...but that wont help you at all since you wont be able to hold either of them.

Mr1der

I've shot both

I prefer the MK's but as far as accuracy...I'd say it's a toss up.

Zion8561

Yeah, it kinda sucks taking apart the Browning for cleaning.

A guy at the gun shop says he only takes it apart every 1200-1600 rounds to clean it, and just cleans the barrel every 100 rounds or so. He says that it does more harm than good with these pistols to take them apart so often to clean them because you mess up the tolerances or break stuff.

I don't know, I like to keep my guns clean...when I ran the brass brush through the barrel, it came out with some metal shavings. I hope I did not mess up the barrel doing that. I just did once in and then pulled it back out again. Then I thought about what that guy said, maybe he's right.

How often does everyone clean thier guns?

Mr1der

most of the ammo you'll ever find for it is non corrosive...so it won't really HURT the gun to do dirty...it'll just be dirty.

depending on how bad it gets though, reliability comes to be an issue.

I haven't cleaned my XD since I shot it....the Nagant however gets cleaned everytime I shoot it.

7.62 x 54r is hard to find that's non corrosive...most you'll find is mildly because of the primers used.

modern ammos burn much cleaner and don't corrode like the old stuff.

if it's something I'm gonna shoot a lot I might get lazy and not clean it after every session. Not really a good habit...but I'm lazy.

and need a new kit...like one of the tackle boxes with a fold out rifle rack...those rock.

hayaimoto
Car: Sil80,full race EG6,Street DC2, Real deal RHD FEEDfd3s

Awesome thread! Living out here in Cali...you got to own a gun...or two...

Remember to be responsible ya'll!

Mr1der

please post again without the obscene number of water marks.

hurts my eyes looking.

but I see a p22, two USP Compacts and two Full size and an undetermined Offficer's 1911

hayaimoto
Car: Sil80,full race EG6,Street DC2, Real deal RHD FEEDfd3s

Mr1der wrote:please post again without the obscene number of water marks.

hurts my eyes looking.

but I see a p22, two USP Compacts and two Full size and an undetermined Offficer's 1911
Pretty good eyes, I wouldnt like posting without the watermarks just for indentification purposes. Thanks!

Mr1der

fair enough I suppose.

what's the 1911 anyway? The slide serrations make it look kinda like a Kimber.

or I guess I could just read the Kimber name on the second pic...

sr20fan
Car: 93 240sx SE coupe maroon

while i personally do not own a gun, i have a friend that loves them. i like them too, but my money goes towards my car or i waste it on video games. i am no expert, so i wont have any model numbers or anything, but he has a Springfield XD 40M1 Garand (WW2)Mosin w/ bayonet(WW2 )AR-15

i personnally do not like the AR, but the others are awesome. Both of the rifles have dates on them, he wouldnt waste money on something that didnt. he is a ww2 collector of sorts. if i can get some pics i will,

JimmyMethod

Which Mosin-Nagant?My friend has 2 1938s. They're awesome. Old school ftw.

I have to ask a question. It seems like everyone LOVES the 1911.What's the deal? I mean, to me it just seems like an outdated pistol. It'd be cool to have a WWI or WWII circa 1911, but the newer ones, I don't get.

Are they really that great?

Return to “The Great Outdoors”