Guns, guns, and more guns

Hiking, fishing, hunting, boating, biking, travel and recreation-related discussion forum
Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

what was it? 7.62 Nagant?

I think I can actually get that at one of the local shops...they carry all kinds of reloading supplies and oddball military ammo.

the gun prices are on the high end of average though

SHIFT_Cosmic

I don't own a gun, but there's been SO many times in my life when I've really needed one.... damn....

NissanServiceWarranty.com
Car: 03 Murano SL - Stock, 06 Murano Modded

(
sr20fan wrote: i wish that was my collection... also some kind of carbine in there but its not really his,
That looks like an M1 Carbine (United States Carbine, Caliber .30, M1)

My Dad's was made by GM during WW2!

But that's a great collection! A lot of history there. Where do the re-enactments take place?

Mr1der

ooo

the GM guns are fairly rare if I remember right.

I like the M1 Carbine....it's usually my favorite weapon on about any WWII fps.

Acecool
Car: 1989 240SX Hatch Pig KA24E 126k

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

Good lord, resize those pics.

Urabus GodofTraction
Car: 2002 WRX Wagon, 2004 SV650, 1988 Land Cruiser, 1994 XR600R

Not bad, not bad.

Now, lift your arms above your head! That's why I roll a supertuck.
bobotech wrote:I love that Garand.

The revolver is a Russian Nagant pistol. It can shoot 32s&w if you can't find the russian ammo (super expensive).
Minor correction: they'll need a new cylinder to shoot .32S&W. I've got a Shotgun news around here somewhere that talks about it.

Mr1der

hmm...hell, a cylinder's probably 40 bucks or so....

I wouldn't mind one of those just for fun.

I need to get a CZ-52 as well....I love those pistols...except the weird grip angle.

Urabus GodofTraction

Mr1der wrote:hmm...hell, a cylinder's probably 40 bucks or so....

I wouldn't mind one of those just for fun.

I need to get a CZ-52 as well....I love those pistols...except the weird grip angle.
They apparently need some smithing to fit well, though. Still, 70+40 is damn cheap.

Mr1der

it's actually 70+70

the cylinders fall at about 70 a piece.

dunno about the smithing..

kinda wanna look into this now...

Loki
Car: 1994 Nissan 240SX Convertible
2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2001 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning

Hai guys. My name is Chris and I am a rifle addict Over Thanksgiving I got the opportunity to fire off my first guns at a few targets (.22 rifle, 38 special and 3030 rifle) and I loved it. Seeing as how Christmas is coming up I figure I'd treat myself to a rifle for my new found hobby. I liked the 3030, felt like a good mix of power and accuracy, and I just love the bolt action-ness. I'm not so interested in actual hunting because I wouldn't really want to eat what I'd kill, but shooting off at targets is just plain fun.

So, what would you guys recommend I look for in a rifle and/or scope?

bobotech

Loki wrote:Hai guys. My name is Chris and I am a rifle addict Over Thanksgiving I got the opportunity to fire off my first guns at a few targets (.22 rifle, 38 special and 3030 rifle) and I loved it. Seeing as how Christmas is coming up I figure I'd treat myself to a rifle for my new found hobby. I liked the 3030, felt like a good mix of power and accuracy, and I just love the bolt action-ness. I'm not so interested in actual hunting because I wouldn't really want to eat what I'd kill, but shooting off at targets is just plain fun.

So, what would you guys recommend I look for in a rifle and/or scope?
You are like me, a plinker rather than a hunter.

If I were you, I would consider getting a nice semi auto 22 caliber rifle of some sort. I love my semi auto 22s, I buy a box of 550 Wally world ammo and plink for a few hours. Much cheaper than shooting full power stuff.

I would also consider getting a semi-auto rifle of some sort if you can find any these days (an evil looking one). They might become very hard to find down the road if any bans become reality and you having it means you can still shoot it.

If you really really don't want a semi-auto file, then I would consider getting a lever action rifle of some sort like maybe another 30-30 or even a pistol caliber lever action. I really want a lever action Marlin in 45-70 caliber. That would be a hoot to shoot.

I would concentrate on semi-autos these days. There will always be bolt actions and most likely lever actions but semi-autos are somewhat threatened with the current political climate.

Mr1der

Loki, for a first rifle for fun, I'd recommend a Ruger 10/22

you can shoot all day for 20 bucks.

for a semi auto rifle...an SKS or AK would probably be your cheapest way in to something other than a 22. Both are fun and generally very reliable...not the most accurate, but a blast to shoot and relatively cheap. (especially with surplus or steel case stuff)

I <3 my sks, I think I'm gonna hang on to it and just get a different stock...it's got a little surface rust where I ****ed up and left it by an AC register for a little while.

I really need to get a safe/cabinet...

bobotech

Mr1der wrote:
I really need to get a safe/cabinet...
I really really need to get another safe. My current 16 gun safe is far overloaded and I have no place to put all my handguns.

Mr1der

under the pillow.

loaded and chambered.

I've currently got 3 handguns in the house and I think 6 long guns.

Urabus GodofTraction

Mr1der wrote:under the pillow.
Lol.Ever tried that? They don't make pillows thick enough these days.

Mr1der

no, and I won't bother.

I've got a table by my bed if I really want a gun that close...it has a Ka-Bar and surefire on it...neither will do much good if I'm asleep though.

Mr1der

I'm missing a gun show today

think I'm gonna save up a few hundred and go get my carry course done and CCW applied for before the inaug.

sci2000tech
Car: s13.5 RB20DET 'Vert

Just picked up another addition to the collection.....

Not even 24hrs of owning it and I drilled 5 holes in the stock to mount the laser. The lasers were a factory option on several LEO/full auto models only and FN doesn't sell replacement stocks, so it took a few beers to convince myself to actually go through with it.

Now to go class 3 and chop the barrel down to "proper" length, once I'm 21 and get my tax stamp that is

Still have yet to fire it, but I plan to put a couple hundred rounds through it this weekend if I can afford it.

bobotech

Very nice gun!!

I wish we could SBR guns in my state but thats a no go.

Mr1der

those are neat weapons.

witha cutdown barrel it's a great HD gun.

Loki
Car: 1994 Nissan 240SX Convertible
2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2001 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning

I had to go to a doctor's appointment today and on the way back I ended up buying my first gun! Marlin 881 .22 with a walnut stock, tube fed. Needs a good cleaning, but it looks pretty good, had it all apart once already.

Oh, also came with this

I can't wait to hit a range and start using up the 200+ rounds I got.

hsckris
Car: 07 V8 4runner

Got one of these for Christmas:

Just finished up everything for the CCP too. Heck yes!

cmfireman
Car: '96 Nissan S14 SE

.357?

My uncle has one with Crimson Trace grips. I was amazed at the weight of the thing. Not much more than a blackberry, and felt good too.

I was looking at them a while back but they're damn expensive.

hsckris
Car: 07 V8 4runner

No, its a .38+p. It does have a laser sight though, hah. It weighs a lot less than you'd think. Less than most of the other subcompact semiauto's I've held.

Mr1der

yup.

the airlights are neat.

it's a carry a lot shoot a little gun.

<---still wants a ruger SP 101.

they're so freakin' solid....

next up though will either be an XD9CS or a pocket pistol. maybe the Ruger LCP or an NAA Guardian.

4cefed
Car: 92 240SX Coupe
03 SRT-4
Various Dodge POSs

hsckris wrote:No, its a .38+p. It does have a laser sight though, hah. It weighs a lot less than you'd think. Less than most of the other subcompact semiauto's I've held.
My father's friend has a Ti-lite in .357, he brought it over one day to shoot. Every one who wanted to try got two rounds of .38 and then a round of .357mag, there were no repeat customers.

Seriously, that thing has to weigh a tenth of the stainless Blackhawk.

mott6904
Car: rb20 big turbo big cams s13, 97 kouki, turbo audi a4,turbo busa

I recently picked up these two bad boys for home defense [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]Watch out for the lazy *** year old dobie First is a fn tatical police shotgun and the last is a high point 380. For the price it is a quality handgun. Im looking at a walther p99, has anyone shoot this gun what do you think about it?

bobotech

I like the FN shotgun, that's nifty.

The Hipoint will treat you well provided you don't limp wrist it. When you shoot it, hold it firmly and don't let the gun kick back or recoil . If you do, you will end up with failure to feeds. It is a result of Hipoints being blowback guns (which is not a problem, they just don't do well with limp wristing).

Hipoints have a useful place. They are inexpensive reliable guns that provide a decent amount of home protection.

Mr1der

FN makes some nice stuff.

if you wanna stay with the brand, check out the FNP pistols, great guns for the price.

Return to “The Great Outdoors”