GROUNDING KITS for the Infiniti M35/M45 — Available NOW!

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Sentientbydesign
Car: 03 Evo VIII - 330 AWHP
05 Subaru Legacy GT Stg 2 - Sold
05 G35 6MT Coupe - 278 WHP - Sold
04 WW Evo VIII - 302 AWHP - Ex's
96 I30 - Sold

riggz wrote:Any update on the install instructions? The wires keep asking me when they are going to be installed! :)
Bare with me until tomorrow evening. I've been fighting a sinus infection and spitting up green goo for the past week. I can provide photos if you all want "show and tell" lol.

Eazye1081
Car: 2008 Infiniti M45 Sport

Yo whats going on with the install instructions? Seriously its been like a month waiting for this kit. Come on dude.

riggz
Car: 2007 M45S

Yeah. Post up some photos until you can get instructions together.

fred96ws6
Car: 2007 M35 Sport
2008 Corvette Z51 (not stock)
2005 Mazda 6

Yo whats going on with the install instructions? Seriously its been like a month waiting for this kit. Come on dude.
At least you've got your kit. It's been a month and still haven't gotten mine. I've sent a email the other day and no reply. I'm starting to get concerned I might not get it.

HondaCRX

I'm surprised people still buy these things... thought it went the way of the tornado "GUARANTEED INCREASE IN MPG!"

Anything to remove a smuck from his buck, I guess.

EniGmA1987
Car: '06 Infiniti M35 Sport

A Honda guy soming in here saying things are BS? lol. Some cars benefit, some dont. And some benefit more than others. Cheap cars like a Honda CRX probably wont benefit since they dont have the same type of systems we do in the Infiniti's. But if you have a car that could benefit and you get a grounding kit, you will feel a noticeable difference in things like shifting speeds and throttle response.

Also as I think was said before guys, Nathan doesnt own an Infiniti anymore so he doesnt check these forums really often. Maybe one of you should call him and give him a bit of a nudge to finish them up.

CORROSIVE
Car: M35

One thing that I have noticed from the Z/G35/M35 that I have owned is that they all shocked me when I would exit the car while the headlights were turned on... with that said, grounding helps these cars more than others (from my experience).

HondaCRX

Nice attempt to belittle me based on my handle and avatar... but, I do appreciate the pretentious comments. :)
EniGmA1987 wrote:Cheap cars like a Honda CRX probably wont benefit since they dont have the same type of systems we do in the Infiniti's. But if you have a car that could benefit and you get a grounding kit, you will feel a noticeable difference in things like shifting speeds and throttle response.
Actually, older cars like the CRXs would likely benefit far more than a newer M35/M45. Why, cause the electrical system in older cars is likely far more deteriorated... That's where improvements are generally noticed. But, that goes with anything... replacing old, worn out parts, with new parts... generally makes things work better.

And the "noticeable difference" you feel is perceived, since you just dropped money on a product. It's like new age medicine and believing placing rocks on your chakra's will make you healthier, largely because you spent a bunch of money on it.

EniGmA1987

Actually, I hardly spent any money on the kit and had it installed for me for free. The "noticeable difference" I was talking about was that it actually takes 1 less bar on our volume control to get the same volume as previously. I am very good when it comes to audio as I used to work in that field professionally. I can notice things like that. In addition and what I found more important was the 3-4 tenths of a second it took off the manual shift time. That is an actual number that you can record. All my friends noticed that it shifts way faster without me even saying I had anything done to the car.

And hey, dont make fun of the rocks man Image

Also, while older cars with deteriorated wires might benefit, wires like the ground wires in a car tend not to just randomly deteriorate over the time you would own the car for. If you own a car from the 80's then sure it probably has some wire deterioration. What I meant when I said that the Infiniti's tend to have much better effects than some cars, especially cheaper ones, is that much of the things in our car are controlled electronically and benefit more from better grounding than cars that control things mechanically. Like our drive-by-wire system. It would benefit WAY more than a drive-by-cable.

mike.strong
Car: 2006 Infiniti m45
2007 Porsche Cayenne S
2011 Porsche 911 turbo s PDK
2006 BMW M5 - Sold
2006 Toyota Highlander - Sold
2005 Hyundai Elantra - Sold
2008 Toyota Camry - Sold

Sentientbydesign wrote:Infiniti M35 — $115 shipped

Infiniti M45 — $110 shipped

Send your model, year, and color you want (Gunmetal, Red, Blue, "Cola") to:
[email protected]

Original Post:
  • What is the modification?

I've been talking to NICO member Sentientbydesign recently and he agreed to do R&D for grounding kits for the Infiniti M35 and M45 models! This would apply to model years 2006-2010 only.

Grounding kits improves the quality of the electrical signals used by the engine computer inside our M35/M45s and optimizing performance under all driving conditions. Being installed on key points of the chassis and engine, grounding kits allow for significant power gains, both electrical and performance wise.

A Nissan 350Z, for example, was recorded to have gain 8HP/wheels with just the addition of a grounding system. More importantly, the addition of a grounding kit allows for maximum engine performance which translates into HIGHER MPGs! We all know our Infiniti M35/M45s suffer from poor gas mileage - grounding kits have been proved to increase gas mileage. A similar Nissan 350z was shown to have an increase of 4.6mpg when driving the same 3 1/2 hour trip after installing a grounding kit.

Benefits from installing a grounding kit:
    • Increased Horsepower
    • Increased Torque
    • Improved Fuel Efficiency
    • Stabilized Idle
    • Brighter Lights
    • Quicker Engine Starts
    • Increased Audio Sound (Even better if you have a sub installed!)
    • Better Protection for Potential Engine Damage from Poor ECU Outputs
    Drawbacks from installing a grounding kit:
    • None....
    Here's a description from Sentientbydesign on what's included and comparisons:
    Sentientbydesign wrote:These kits are designed with Quality and Performance in mind.

>Thick 4 gauge wire for maximum signal performance
    >Tinned 99.9% OFC (Oxygen Free Copper) wire to minimize corrosion and maximize longevity
    >Heavy Duty Copper Lugs- Gold plated terminals are just for looks and can suffer from a "skin effect" meaning only the plating carries current (Why have heavy wire and tiny conducting terminals?)
    >Heat shrink terminals for a finished look
    >Logo Free Wires mean less conspicuous "stealth" kits and flashier "show" kits.

You be the judge:

Kit Features-

4 gauge Copper wire
    Heavy Duty Copper Terminals
    All necessary replacement hardware
    Detailed instructions with COLOR pictures
    Very little modification to fit
    Fits under engine cover
    Stealth or Show options available

These kits are very similar to GroundingGear's in quality, but not the same in design. Even the Basic kit is more functional than the Stillen kit in that it incorporates connections to the ECU & TCM (VQ 5AT), and also uses larger wires and better terminals.

These kits are far more functional than Active Tuning or Stillen's kits.
    Who is making the modification?

NICO member Sentientbydesign has been creating and selling grounding kits for several Infiniti models (G35, FX35, FX45) and Nissan models (350Z, Altima [Coupe], more..) which have been well received by NICO members and has satisfied everyone who has purchased it. You can view the original thread on NICO by Sentient that has a ton of testimonials here.

Post in here if you have any questions about this mod!

Lol 2006 m45 has 335hp I dont think I will feel those 8hp!!! :bigthumb:

Same concept as k&n drop filter...I dont feel it :rotfl

a.blanco0905
Car: 2006 Infiniti M45
91 300zx TT
07 Kaw ZX6R

mike.strong wrote:
Lol 2006 m45 has 335hp I dont think I will feel those 8hp!!! :bigthumb:

Same concept as k&n drop filter...I dont feel it :rotfl
:facepalm:

HondaCRX

EniGmA1987 wrote:I was talking about was that it actually takes 1 less bar on our volume control to get the same volume as previously. I am very good when it comes to audio as I used to work in that field professionally.
Do this: grab a video camera and a sound level recorder. Turn your car on, find a station with static and set your volume... Check the sound level with an sound level meter and record it on camera.
then disconnect the grounding kit, and record sound level.
Willing to bet it's going to be very similar.
I found more important was the 3-4 tenths of a second it took off the manual shift time. That is an actual number that you can record.
proof? Seat of the pants measurements don't count. Find a datalogging system that can capture throttle input, rpms, and accelerating g-forces... Then record with and without the groundin kit 0-60. Lay the runs over each other to make sure throttle position is at 100% for both, and rpms don't dip. Post up the charts.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

HondaCRX, are cold air intakes worth it?

EniGmA1987

I could go back and forth for a while with you, as I do have sound measuring equipment :p But you wont ever be convinced of anything I can prove so I am just going to stop debating it and let you believe what you want to.

HondaCRX

IlyaKol wrote:HondaCRX, are cold air intakes worth it?
Depends on the design on the intake system... For instance, my S2000 doesn't benefit at all from a CAI, whereas I've seen huge gains on Vipers from a CAI.
It's not as simple as "yes" or "no".
But, that's off topic.

HondaCRX

EniGmA1987 wrote:I could go back and forth for a while with you, as I do have sound measuring equipment :p But you wont ever be convinced of anything I can prove so I am just going to stop debating it and let you believe what you want to.
Post the data. Prove it. I am more likely to believe there might be a minute amount of difference in the sound levels, but not enough to warrant the cost.

But rather than make excuses for why you won't, just do it. I am sure other skeptics would love to see the data versus "I am a professional, I know what I am talking about" evidence.

Eazye1081
Car: 2008 Infiniti M45 Sport

Post edited by Moderator. Folks, Let's not flame here ... to each their choice for doing this "enhancement" to their cars.

Sentientbydesign
96 I30 - Sold

Finally back. This should be my last haitus. I've been fighting with my employer. 2 weeks of stress leave. A sinus infection and a bunch of other stress related BS.

To all of my customers, I am truly sorry. This isn't my MO and I hope you all don't hold it against me.

For those of you who have purchased M45 kits, email me and I'll send you instructions. To Fred, if you haven't received your kit yet, let me know. It got sent out a while ago and you should have received it by now.

InfinitiEric

Thanks Nate!
Last edited by InfinitiEric on Sat May 28, 2011 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EniGmA1987

Sorry, I no longer have the instructions. I do however have the pictures for where everything goes if you want those.

InfinitiEric

EniGmA1987 wrote:Sorry, I no longer have the instructions. I do however have the pictures for where everything goes if you want those.
Nate sent me them yesterday. Thank you though :)

pedsemdoc
Car: 2013 M37 Sport - SOLD, Premium/Tech/Sport Journey
Carbon fiber engine cover
GT Spec front tower strut bar
R2C Intakes
Oil catch cans
Custom Start button LEDs

will installing one of these void your warranty?
essentially, can you install it incorrectly?

does anyone have "numbers" before and after?

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

pedsemdoc wrote:will installing one of these void your warranty?
If done correctly, it shouldn't ... but I can't speak for Nissan or Infiniti. :)
pedsemdoc wrote:essentially, can you install it incorrectly?
Just be careful not to short anything out. Meaning, I would (a) check all the mount locations you have in mind using a voltmeter to make sure that none of them are at battery voltage relative to the engine block and (b) disconnecting the battery at the terminals before you start and (c) making darn sure that you have tightened all bolts down - use locking metal washers preferably.
pedsemdoc wrote:does anyone have "numbers" before and after?
Assuming you mean dyno numbers (and, butt dynos do not count), if you do find any, please post them here. :)

I seriously doubt that this mod has any effect whatsoever on horsepower. But, if you can prove me wrong, go for it! :yesnod

Z

a.blanco0905
91 300zx TT
07 Kaw ZX6R

^The way our legal system works, installing any aftermarket component could be detrimental to a warranty...

pedsemdoc
Car: 2013 M37 Sport - SOLD, Premium/Tech/Sport Journey
Carbon fiber engine cover
GT Spec front tower strut bar
R2C Intakes
Oil catch cans
Custom Start button LEDs

except maybe a giant fiberglass trunk wing--ala the off topic thread post on ricers--i busted a gut when i saw some of those "whips"...LMFAO

a.blanco0905
91 300zx TT
07 Kaw ZX6R

^Lol... even then they might still come up with something in order not to honor a warranty... "The materials used to build that wing produced fumes that were inhaled by the engine & caused it to fail." or "The added weight of the wing cause the engine failure." ur choice, lol...

Sentientbydesign
96 I30 - Sold

I've had warranty work done with the wires with no issues. I've had customers have warranty work done with the wires and still no issue.

As for installing it wrong. No. Unless you do something....ahem...dumb...like ignore my instructions and install all of the wires to the positive battery terminal, you should be fine without any shorts.

There would have to be a custom dyno program to verify numbers. I'd say that drag times would prove the efficacy of this product.

EniGmA1987

I need to go check on my grounding kit actually. I just realized I really need to. Before I had the grounding kit on, my idle was a bit rough and my idle RPMs changed randomly on days. After the grounding kit I havent had those problems. However, I just had my spark plugs changed and ever since then my car has had a horrible idle, idle RPMs are all over the place, shifting feels different, and I had weird RPM spikes when stopping or parking. I just now realised that maybe the dealer did something to the grounding kit and messed up how it was installed when they did my spark plugs... Ill have to check on it asap.

olivia13

I need my car to be checked as well. I am going to do a small road trip during the next week.
I need to be at the conference related to COMMUNICATION IN BUSINESS I want to be sure everything works well. it is hard to find high-quality services nowadays.
Last edited by Rogue One on Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Deleted unapproved content

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

I have been researching grounding kits for over a year now. I can find NO actual data that supports using one in standard passenger cars. I HAVE seen documentation of 4-5 BHP gains, and slight improvement in performance of poorly installed aftermarket sound systems, etc. A gain of 4-5 BHP is like the difference between a 15w and 20w bulb - yes it's more, but hardly worth mentioning. Other than that, I can find nothing to support installing a grounding kit. There are no reports of widespread electrical failures on cars without grounding kits. No reports of safety issues, etc.
What am I missing here?

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”