Green display to Blue with Cellophane

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
slickroger
Car: Nissan Pathfinder 2001

As the topics states I changed my green displays to Blue Using Purple Cellophane.

Where I got it

Here is the Clock and HVAC Unit

Before

After

Over head console Removal

One screw in glasses holder

4 clips in red hold it to the roof Blue screws hold the temp/compass unit

Before

After

sorry some pictures are crap but I cant seem to take still dark pictures.

Modified by slickroger at 4:19 PM 11/20/2009

W O T
Car: 2001 Infiniti Qx4

Looks like she matches pretty good, that cellophane you linked is the exact colour you used? Put the film behind the lens or ontop?

Im buying this right this second, I need to do that exact same thing.

I sometimes dont turn on the heat because I didnt wanna see the gay teal lights around my nice dark blue ones lol

I <3 U

naladude911
Car: 2001 Infiniti QX4

Where did you get it? I can probs find it at target or something

slickroger

W O T wrote:Looks like she matches pretty good, that cellophane you linked is the exact colour you used? Put the film behind the lens or ontop?

Im buying this right this second, I need to do that exact same thing.

I sometimes dont turn on the heat because I didnt wanna see the gay teal lights around my nice dark blue ones lol

I <3 U
You dont have to buy it and wait like 3-4 weeks to get it you can just pm me and get some you live close enough. If you order it you will get 2 of the rolls that I took a picture of above when all you need is 2 of those little squares I cut out to show the color.

Holla at me

Empty V
Car: 2001 Infiniti QX4, 1982 Corvette C3 Shark

naladude911 wrote:Where did you get it? I can probs find it at target or something

Billy

Empty V

Thanks for this Roger, I just placed my order! I never thought about doing the temp/compass area, excellent idea bro. BTW I got an email a few days ago from Nico saying they're "working" on our "How To" sticky.

Billy

slickroger

naladude911 wrote:Where did you get it? I can probs find it at target or something
There is a link that says "where I got it".

I thought that was pretty straight forward

you can buy it at a store but i bought some at a store and it had a little bit of a print on it so I bought this one online.
Empty V wrote:Thanks for this Roger, I just placed my order! I never thought about doing the temp/compass area, excellent idea bro. BTW I got an email a few days ago from Nico saying they're "working" on our "How To" sticky.Billy
No prob, and its about time

Qxxx4
Car: 1999.5 Infiniti QX4, 2012 Mustang

me n slick got together the other day and he was kind enough to give me the cellophane for mine, he also showed me how to remove the overhead panel for climate control. It looks awesome now, im half done the LED's inside the climate control, i ended up fabricating my own setup and drilling holes inside lenses to give better illumination to the buttons, ill post pics when im done. The blues match pretty well but not perfect, but 1000x better than GREEN

i love it i feel like im driving a different car without the hideous green! and you cant see the cellophane at all even if its slightly wrinkled. Daytime driving the letters are noticeably darker though but its still visible.

Empty V

Yeah my next question was going to be how much of the light output has dropped. We had what seemed to be our first rain all year 2 days ago and this was also the first time I've used my defogger and rear defogger since I converted to blue. The contrast of the orange and blue LEDs looks really tight. This will make it look even better, again nice work! Roger you seem to be doing a lot of things no one else has done, keep inspiring others bro!

Billy

Qxxx4
Car: 1999.5 Infiniti QX4, 2012 Mustang

yeah im shocked he hasnt posted pics, the guy does alot of stuff that he doesnt even show us! I.e hes got EVERYTHING converted to blue in his truck, and he got some cool floor lighting and everything, he came by and showed me and wowww...inspired me to get off my a** and make time for my led project, which im half done

fastpathy35
Car: 2003 pathfinder se k&n intake, ram air set up, electric fan conversion, flowmaster super 40 dual exh

how did you get the buttons on the hvac to light up blue? im sure its in a thread somewhere but i havent found it. if you just have to replace bulbs what size are they. thanks!

fastpathy35
Car: 2003 pathfinder se k&n intake, ram air set up, electric fan conversion, flowmaster super 40 dual exh

okay ive found the bulbs for the climate control now what about the bulbs for the hazard and the defogger. and also does anyone know the bulb that would replace the lights next the the shifter. (P R D 2 1)

slickroger

the shifter bulb is the same as the licence plate lights so its a 168 or 921 I believe.

the Hvac are T4's and the other bulbs cant be just switched they need to be custom i used 5mm Leds with resistors I have a thread on those

How To: Changing cigarette lighter ring, heated seat, and rear defrost lights w/leds

The heated seat lights look blue in the picture but look purple in person im gonna change them to a red hopefully that will show better through the orange tint.

fastpathy35

thats down on the center console right, not on the gauge cluster? and i doubt ill mess with any custom bulbs and soldering...now that i think about it can you replace the light that lights up which gear selection youre in on the gauge cluster too? i think red to go with the red needles would look better than green
Modified by fastpathy35 at 1:50 PM 10/15/2009

slickroger

The climate control unit (HVAC) takes T4's

My truck doesn't have the PRND21 on the cluster its only on the center

fastpathy35

another thread says it needs neo 4mm bulbs...

slickroger

The T4 is a 10mm base the bulb itself is probably 4mm

i bought t4's and they work

fastpathy35

http://www.superbrightleds.com...e.cgithese go in the automatic climate control behind the buttons? im really sorry if im being aggrivating, i just have a shopping cart full of bulbs and want to make sure i get the right ones for everything.

slickroger

sorry that link didn't take me anywhere but they are also known as TypeB(T4)10mm base I bought from

http://autolumination.com/74.htm

naladude911
Car: 2001 Infiniti QX4

Now this goes on the outside or inside of the plastic?

fastpathy35

slickroger, thanks for the help. i had called nissan and they only gave me their part number. i found the ones i need. now i have to wait....

Mikey178
Car: 2000 Infiniti QX4

Looks good Roger, I may have to check you out for that mod. I don't mind changing out the green to blue. If you gots any cellophane still left, i'll buy some off you. I assume the cellophane you stuck on the inside of the lens?

W O T

slickroger wrote:
You dont have to buy it and wait like 3-4 weeks to get it you can just pm me and get some you live close enough. If you order it you will get 2 of the rolls that I took a picture of above when all you need is 2 of those little squares I cut out to show the color.
Ya I bought it off ebay that night, Im not so close for a while though, be back home around christmas. Probably wont get a chance to do this mod until then anyways, appreciate the offer though

Looks tits

slickroger

Mikey178 wrote:Looks good Roger, I may have to check you out for that mod. I don't mind changing out the green to blue. If you gots any cellophane still left, i'll buy some off you. I assume the cellophane you stuck on the inside of the lens?
yes i put it on the inside of course.

pm me ill give you my number.

W O T

Ive always wonderred why this forum doesnt have a pm function

Empty V

W O T wrote:Ive always wonderred why this forum doesnt have a pm function
Because they're oldschool at NICO and don't want to put the money and time into building a new(better) forum. It's kinda funny because almost every other forum out there has moved over to another system which obviously works.

Mikey178
Car: 2000 Infiniti QX4

slickroger wrote:
yes i put it on the inside of course.

pm me ill give you my number.
Hey Roger, I sent you and email over the weekend. Give me a call. Thanks again

98pathfinder3.3

any way you think you could turn it to red instead of blue??

slickroger

There was talk about correcting the dimmer so that the compass, temp and clock would maintain maximum brightness whether it be day or night. The wire that needed to be cut on mine was a pink wire with a green stripe. This wire dims the clock and compass when it gets 12V's so I cut this wire at the clock and the compass so they can not receive this 12V signal necessary to dim. This has made the blue look amazing with the full light input.

Wire on clock

Same wire is located in the overhead console for the compass

If you haven't seen

Modified by slickroger at 12:15 AM 10/26/2009

Natedogg1701
Car: 2003 Pathfinder SE

whoa the interior looks sikk, what kind of bulbs are in the window control and lock/unlock switches? and what bulbs goes behind the intstrument cluster?

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”