Great FX45 review

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

The current issue of Road&Track gives the FX45 a very positive review.

Might be worth picking up.

Fred...:)

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

Boffo review in the latest issue. Evidently, Infiniti didn't pull any punches with the FX45 in suspension, brakes, or tire/wheel combinations. Suddenly, MB 55 AMG and 4.6Si X5 are no longer the kings of SUV performance. And the FX45 is $10K less.

Perfect marketing coup.

autotech43

Yes indeed I think the FX45 will shed some light on the Infiniti product line. I seen the FX45 last week and it is quite impressive. One of our service consultants is 6'4", after sitting in the drivers seat, he did make a statement, wow, finally my head don't touch the headliner and I have alot of leg room. It is quite roomy on the inside, which from the outside view it looks smaller than alot of the domestic type vehicles.We don't have alot of the technical information yet, other than some of the specs, but I will be attending the FX new model training at the first of Febuary, and I will share the info we get from the engineers then.The FX has a few similarities as the Nissan Murano, but the key is, the FX platform is based from the G-35, and the Nissan Murano platform is from the Altima.It seems Infiniti is steering towards the rear wheel drive as far as most of the new products, the only front-wheel drive vehicle will be the I-35, which has been doing well.I might just be from the old school, but with the horsepower and torque curves, I feel they need the rear wheel drive, which they have mentioned all wheel drive as well.Nissan and Infiniti both are coming out with some eye catching vehicles now, and in the next couple of years, I do hope that Infiniti advertises more, which I believe they need more of.

Mayhem_J30
Car: Ummm...My Car

autotech43 wrote:The FX has a few similarities as the Nissan Murano, but the key is, the FX platform is based from the G-35, and the Nissan Murano platform is from the Altima.

hmmm...i was unaware of the differences. I need to start reading more closely on these two. I figured they were one in the same just the FX was a luxury version. Good info.

EWT

I think Infiniti has a hit on their hands. I don't even like SUVs and wouldn't mind having one.

theTony
Car: umm.....Cars??

Mayhem_J30 wrote:hmmm...i was unaware of the differences. I need to start reading more closely on these two. I figured they were one in the same just the FX was a luxury version. Good info.

I thought exactly the same thing. I'm gonna have to read up on these two.

autotech43

Infiniti continues to grow its lineup of luxury vehicles with the addition of the FX35 and FX45. Billed as a premium crossover SUV, the FX shares engines and chassis with the Infiniti G35 sedan and coupe and Nissan 350Z. Rear- and all-wheel-drive models will be offered. The 35 uses a 3.5-liter V6 with 280 horsepower, while the 45 has a V8 with 315 horsepower. I forgot to mention the FX35.

Mayhem_J30

This months Car&Driver gives a writeup on both the Murano and the FX45. good for comparisons sakes

Jberger

One point of note: Both reviews hammered the ride quality of the FX45. Which was suprising considering I thought the G35 rode fairly well for a sports car.

Mayhem_J30

Jberger wrote:One point of note: Both reviews hammered the ride quality of the FX45. Which was suprising considering I thought the G35 rode fairly well for a sports car.

yeah, that seemed to be the only downfall they noted.

what's up with the intelligent key fab thing? it said you don't even have to take your keys out of your pocket to start the car...:confused: how does that work.

i thought the cruise control safety device setting off the radar detector was kind of humorous also.

csoluri92Q
Car: Wine Collecting and my burgundy 92 Q with forged 17 x 8 SSR wheels

The initial tests are quite impressive. The FX45 outhandles the LS430 (and most luxo sedans), and stops faster than most of the luxo sedans including the BMW540. So much for the X5 and M Series bimmers......... :asmile

Return to “Murano Forum”