Gran Turismo 5 (Official Thread)

PC, Game console and Online gaming discussion forum
joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

Either day is good for me. Best time is 4-5pm. Haven't played GT in a few weeks though...

RCA, I received my parts thanks!

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Probably Sunday afternoon for me, busy house/car stuff on Saturday.

Had been weeks until I got on GT5 last night and ran the Classic Muscle Car seasonal events.

RCA

RACING WILL BEGIN Sunday 3pm!

GT300

biggie

I'm probably out, have to go pick up a part out of town.

joe603

I'll be on, practiced today :)

RCA

Any updates?

Who can make it at 3pm est?

joe603

Anyone online?

biggie

Nothing happen? I didn't get home til 7pm or so.

joe603

We had the race at 3:30.

biggie

Gran Turismo 5 v1.10 Brings Minor Tweaks & Bug Fixes
Gran Turismo 5 v1.10 Brings Minor Tweaks & Bug Fixes

As announced, the latest version of Gran Turismo 5, v1.10, has just been made available for download. Here’s a complete list of changes and bug fixes:

Racing Gear Items

New racing gear items consisting of helmets and suits have been implemented. These can be used by players in A-Spec, or for any of the “My Drivers” in B-Spec.
There are plenty of variations to the racing gear items and, in addition to several sets being given out as presents when you start GT Mode, players will be able to win new ones when successful in online events. Players can also take a photo of their drivers wearing their favourite gear, and use that custom photo for a driver profile.
For more details, please refer to “Racing Gear” under Top Menu - [Manual] – [GT Mode].

Special Online Event Campaign

For a limited time, all event prizes will be tripled, and all cars appearing in the Online Collector’s Dealership will be brand new (0 mileage) and at half price.

Prizes for online events

GT5 will now offer online events in which players can win Racing Gear items and cars as prizes, according to performance. The content of the prizes and the conditions for winning them will vary per event.
Details of the various events are found in [GT Life] – [Online Events].

Parts purchases through the Settings screen

In the Settings screen, parts that players have not yet purchased will now have a shopping cart icon appearing next to them. These can now be purchase on the spot. Purchased parts will immediately be equipped on their car.
For details, refer to Top Menu – [Manual] – [GT Life] – [Settings]

Improved Opponent AI Algorithm

The search range of opponent AI has been expanded and their intelligence algorithm has been improved.

Interrupting and resuming Championship races

In the championship races of A-Spec and B-Spec modes within [GT Life], there is now an interrupt button in the quick menu which appears after completing individual races.
If the interrupt button is pressed, the event will be interrupted and a player’s record up to that point will be saved, and the game will end. The next time the player starts the game, they can continue the championship race from where they left off.

Additional music track

After playback of the ending movie (*short version), “Day To Live/daiki kasho” will be added as a bonus music track.

Other Changes

Check the physical endurance of drivers that are resting in the B-Spec endurance races.
Sort the garage by [Last Car Driven]
In [Weight Adjustment] of [Settings], players can now see changes in the front to rear weight balance when the ballast position is changed.
The A-Spec driver is now displayed in the profile screen.
In the pit menu of B-Spec, the time limit for being able to direct pit work has been changed from reaching “0″ in the count down, to “Until the car comes to a complete stop”.
The sorting order of the music album has been improved.
When selecting a track created in Course Maker from the course album of Arcade Mode or GT Mode, players can now run single races with up to 16 cars. (Excluding some tracks such as those made before the update, and dirt tracks.)
It is now possible to take 3D photographs even without connecting a 3D compatible TV.
It is now possible to export 3D photographs to [Photo] on the XMB™.

Correction of Known Issues

PDI has addressed the issue of the maximum speed set in the transmission settings of the settings menu differing from the actual top speed of the car. This will affect cars equipped with the relevant transmission tuning part, and almost all racing cars. Cars for which each gear ratio was adjusted manually with a full customised transmission in update versions 1.07 and earlier will not be affected.
An issue with the increase and decrease of the online logon bonus has been corrected.
An issue where the player’s car and opponents’ cars braked at the wrong timings in the pit lane during B-Spec has been corrected.
A problem where racing sound effects were turned off after changing settings in the quick menu has been corrected.
An issue of how dirty the oil is when players purchase a used car not being affected by the car’s mileage has been corrected.
An issue where some of the driver gear colours had changed after the 1.06 update has been corrected.
An issue in the championships of GT Life where opponent cars kept using the same tyres in the second race and onwards has been corrected.
An issue where the menu BGM was being played back during remote racing rather than the race BGM has been corrected.
An issue of the program freezing when opening a garage containing nearly the maximum number of cars has been corrected.

A new “Expert Challenge Race” Seasonal Event has also been made available with the following races:

Trial Mountain in a Fiat 500
Tsukuba in a Lotus Elise 111R
Laguna Seca in a Subaru Impreza Sedan
http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5- ... bug-fixes/

alms24sebring
Car: '97 Nissan 240sx. First Nissan. First love. Sold.
'04 Nissan Sentra SER SpecV

The only thing Im interested in is the triple money thing to get that $20 mil trophy and that stupid $20 mil car, and the improvemnt on braking points in BSpec. And I see they still didnt cover alot of the bigger issues in the update, just alot of worthless stuff like music order.

Anyways it does matter. I f***ing hate this game and I traded it for a credit for a much better one. I was tired of even looking at the cover collecting dust. It was alot of hype for a heartbreak. So done with it.

biggie

It is getting better. And is still better than any other racing game out.

New seasonals are hard as hell.

hitbychance
Car: 2008 350z
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 5.7L hemi

Well i slacked off for a while but i'm back to playing gt5 again and i'm getting into some drifting, here are a few shots of some nissans i made:

(negative camber FTW)

RCA

He... Hello?
Anyone home?

Well guys I have been away from GT5 for a few months and came back with a few pleasant surprises...
  • Bunch of new cars were released (All are DLC unfortunately)
    The new update give non-premium cars cockpit fews. Some are better than others. The GT F1 car looks good, and so does the Pensecarrlo cars.
    A ton more online events
    and best for last...
    Spa-Francorchamps race track is available to race in the "Dream Car Championship" online event. If you want to race it outside of this you need to pay for it =(
Spa is one of the world's best tracks period. Amazing technical parts as well as high speed sections.
Definitely check it out; I used a very tuned down version of the GT F1 for Spa and OMG is was awesome.

For those who don't know what Spa is or why it's so awesome...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pwq89lKFIs[/youtube]

One of the greatest passes at Spa
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePZ2YHWYvvA&start=54[/youtube]

The difference between GT and F1
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2cNqaPSHv0[/youtube]

joe603

Nice! I recently tried gt5 again too. Tested my new 3D TV :)

To many other games to beat!

IanS
Car: 2002 Subaru WRX, 2010 Subaru Forester XT, 2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe.

Haven't played GT5 in a long while. I have been playing a lot of Dirt 3 in preparation for some real life racing.

alms24sebring

That third vid was pretty cool and outrageously fast.

Ozzie
Car: '90 300ZX twin turbo - 2 seater
'99 Legnum VR-4 Type-S twin turbo
'06 MK5 Golf tdi

First time I have dived into the Gaming area on NICO.
Got a PS3 for christmas (yay!)
I only have 1 game.... GT5.
Better add my ID to the PSN ID thread.
I figured NO-ONE would be playing GT5 anymore, seeing as I am so late to the game. :cry:
PSN ID: original_ozzie

alms24sebring

Welcome Oz. I still see Biggie, RCA, and Ian playing every now and then. You should try some Call of Duty or -> Battlefield <-

RCA

We could of used some other GT5 NICOnauts when we were doing our GT5 NICO competitions. Too bad this place has become a ghost town.

Ozzie
Car: '90 300ZX twin turbo - 2 seater
'99 Legnum VR-4 Type-S twin turbo
'06 MK5 Golf tdi

After reading this thread, I was hoping to have a go at some of the GT5 NICO comps.
Oh well, that's what happens when you wait for a PS3 to fall into your lap, instead of going out and buying one. :frown:

MuranoDriver
Car: 2007 Nissan Murano SL

I know I'm quite late to the party but I just got a PS3 + GT5. :mike

I was a huge fan of the original and played quite a bit many years ago.

Any tips? :)

RCA

Wow this thread brings back memories...

Any tips...

Do the online race events (vs the computer, not other people) for tons of starting money.
Don't use your paint chips because they are gone when you do.
Look up tuning guides for a specific care if you want to put down the fastest times.
Don't spend money on the Ferrari F1s unless you have all the cars you want. The Ferrari F1 cars can't be used in any events except the Ferrari F1 online event and free practice.
You can borrow cars from your buddies. Send me a friend request and you can borrow my Red Bull X1 cabrita309

Other than that, I don't think there are too many other tips. There used to be much more strategy but now with online events, money is soo easy to come by, all you have to do is buy what ever you want with no grinding needed.

ThatGuyRoger
Car: 08 Super Black Altima Coupe 2.5S

lol i still remember the online races we had, I still have some pictures saved. it has been a good while since I played this game.

joe603

I just posted a thread on GT6...Hopefully the crew will ride again!!!

IanS
Car: 2002 Subaru WRX, 2010 Subaru Forester XT, 2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe.

Im down if we can time things right. My schecule is very tight between baby, job, and wife that works full time also.....

Return to “Gaming”