CHATROOM: Dash Camera

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

followingnfront wrote: He is talking about the oem front facing camera on the models with all around view
ooooh lol

Ferrisfan
Car: 2014 Rogue SL FWD w/ Premium Package

followingnfront wrote:Welcome. I have no idea about that. Probably way more expensive than the 27 dollar dash cam

Well, that's true, but is seems like a waste if it is already there. The camera feeds into the NAV screen so it seems like all the necessary wiring is in place if there is an easy way of spicing a data drive in there.

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

Ferrisfan wrote:
followingnfront wrote:Welcome. I have no idea about that. Probably way more expensive than the 27 dollar dash cam

Well, that's true, but is seems like a waste if it is already there. The camera feeds into the NAV screen so it seems like all the necessary wiring is in place if there is an easy way of spicing a data drive in there.
have you not seen the angle of that camera? how do you expect it to film ahead, if its pointed down lol

Ferrisfan

ImStricken wrote:
have you not seen the angle of that camera? how do you expect it to film ahead, if its pointed down lol
Not sure we're talking about the same thing. The forward camera points forward at least to 40 feet or so. It is the camera that calculates whether to trigger the collision warning alert. Probably not great resolution, and definitely suceptible to rain/dirt. Mostly, I was just curious about the possibility because it seems like everything is otherwise in place, and it would be stealthy. I'll try to post pics when I get home.

followingnfront
Car: 2017 Maxima S

I'm starting to think that these $27 cameras were not worth it. Out of the first two that I bought (for myself) one freezes sometimes when turning on, and I have to turn it off and on again, the night mode doesn't work on that one, and it doesn't record everything... For instance, I've driven every day this past week. When I popped the SD card in the computer tonight, it had 2 folders.... 4/6/14 and 4/10/14.... And only portions of those two days.....

And I bought 2 more for my dad and they got here today and neither of them even turn on!!!! I emailed the seller and someone named Kimmie emailed me back and apologized for the problems and told me to ship them back and they will exchange them.... I hope she is not expecting me to pay for shipping! I can buy a new camera for what shipping will probably cost (its only to NJ but still....). Its not like I don't like the item, they don't work! So I emailed her back asking for a return label. If she says I have to pay for shipping there's going to be a problem. I'm going to open a dispute with Paypal and just ask for my money back.

followingnfront

At least they have good customer service. She responded almost immediately and told me she was going to send the shipping label to my Paypal for all 3 cameras and she'll ship me out 3 new ones! That's great. I was already looking at new cameras to buy once I got my money back lol....

This one caught my eye: http://www.ebay.com/itm/270-2-7-TFT-Dua ... 3cdda232ef

I don't know what a "TFT" card is though.

followingnfront

Actually if I were to get another one, it'd probably be this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Full-HD-1080P-C ... 5662ebea21

Ferrisfan

Ferrisfan wrote:
ImStricken wrote:
Not sure we're talking about the same thing. The forward camera points forward at least to 40 feet or so. It is the camera that calculates whether to trigger the collision warning alert. Probably not great resolution, and definitely suceptible to rain/dirt. Mostly, I was just curious about the possibility because it seems like everything is otherwise in place, and it would be stealthy. I'll try to post pics when I get home.
Not a great resolution, but I don't really know if that is the camera, or the NAV display.

All that said, I think I'm going to get one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HFZZSK0/ref ... JBY90B41YC

followingnfront

Starting to think the camera with a lense facing forward and a lense facing the friver may not be such a bad idea... Had a cop pull me over today and accuse me of not having a seatbelt on..... When I absolutely did.... camera would be proof in court

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

did he issue?
i refuse to have the interior cabin recorded. i dont want the video or audio of me. if there ever IS an accident were i am incapacitated, the officers can easily take the camera, get a warrant, and watch EVERYTHING on the memory card. if prior to the accident i took a sip from a soda, thus taking my eyes off the road for a brief second = i am guilty. cant hide from it then. even if it was the other persons fault - the cops will include you in the fault by stating you didnt evade the dangerous situation because you were not looking where you were going.

furthermore you dont want something said on film that they can misconstrue and end up getting a no-knock search warrant at your door at 4am. lol

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

followingnfront wrote:Starting to think the camera with a lense facing forward and a lense facing the friver may not be such a bad idea... Had a cop pull me over today and accuse me of not having a seatbelt on..... When I absolutely did.... camera would be proof in court
Sounds like he was looking to pad his quota. Did he issue a ticket or warning?

NY really screws it's people over on this. In DE it's a $25 fine. NY tacks on an $85 surcharge. :tisk:

New York Seat Belt Ticket
Does a seatbelt ticket carry any points in New York State?

The answer is yes, depending on the type of seatbelt ticket you received.

If you received a ticket for violating NYS Vehicle and Traffic Law §1229-c.3, a guilty plea would result in zero points on your record. This is a ticket for an unrestrained driver or passenger 16 years or older in the front seat.

Type of law: Primary Enforcement. Primary enforcement allows a police officer to stop and ticket a driver if he observes a violation.
Base fine before fees: $50 ($135 Actual after surcharges)

followingnfront

Thanks for the responses guys. Yeah it was definitely all for quota. There was no way he couldve seen through my tint in the split second it took me to turn the corner while he was 50+feet away from me. Plus the seatbelt was actually on the whole time.

On top of that, i left my wallet at home yesterday (fluke thing) and didnt have any id on me. There was no ticket because i showed him my parking placard as a way of identifying myself and he stormed off mad after that. He was being a douche, but no ticket.

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

want a hint? tinted windows are a lot cheaper than seat belt and cellphone tickets! ;)
plus they hide you when in uniform.(you never know what drunk/high moron will think to skrew with you when they see your uniform patch and think you are cop, while in your personal car at a red light.)

followingnfront

I have tints... I said it in my last post lol. I was saying there was no way he could see me clearly through them. He was absolutely ready to lie to write me

Konstantin
Car: ROUGE

Hello every one,

I am plan to install dash camera in to my Rogue. Because obscurity is very important to me, I plan to purchase very small and discreet Mobius action camera review( https://dashcamtalk.com/mobius/)

The best place to mount this camera over real view mirror, in shading area with black dots.

Now Question
1. Is it any way to take of couple of this dots?
2. What voltage coming to auto-dim mirror? 5V or 12V

Thank you
Last edited by Rogue One on Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing thread

tsumeone
Car: n/a

I can't answer #2, but I have a Dash Cam (G1W type) on my Rogue. It's mounted in the shaded area with the black dots using a 3M adhesive mount. If you use an adhesive mount, there is no need to remove the dots. The camera is completely obscured by the (gigantic) auto dim mirror - without the wire running to it, you'd have no idea there was a dash cam there from the driver's seat.

Konstantin
Car: ROUGE

Thank you tsumeone

Return to “Rogue Forum”