Got one! Good dealer experience

Home of the Nissan Cube forum and CubeDriver.com
MasterKC

Went to Puyallup Nissan (South of Seattle) today, even though I knew they didn't have what I wanted (1.8S, manual, white). There isn't one like that in the whole State, but there was one in Oregon. A nice (and I mean that) salesman was very helpful, and let me look one over without the "What would it take to get you into one of these today?" speels. This was the first time I'd seen a Cube in person, it wasn't as small as I expected, the windshield wasn't as big as I expected, the rear luggage room was bigger than I expected. Doing some of the mods I plan on isn't going to be easy,because the muffler and spare tire are in the way.

I was surprised that there wasn't any "ADM" or "ADP" applied, only the MSRP + delivery + installed options. We went inside, they offered to make me a deal on any Cube they had in stock, but I wasn't interested. They then checked regional inventory, and the one in Oregon didn't show up, so apparently it had been sold. They then checked Cubes planned for delivery in the region in the next few months, and no 1.8S white manuals were planned for delivery, which surprised me. They then offered to custom order one for me, which they said they normally don't do. I told them we could do a deal, but not if I had to pay retail, but said that I'd wanted fog lights and I knew that they had higher markup on dealer installed options like that. I was going to try to get them to come in with a total price of about $200 below sticker price. They came back with an offer to through in the fog lights and installation for free (about $400 below sticker!). They did caution that they've had problems in the past with the factory installing mud flaps and floor mats even though they weren't ordered, and if that happened, I'd be charged for them. I agreed, as long as they agreed that he most additional I'd pay would be $200.

So, the bottom line is: 14,690 + 720 for delivery = $15,410 for a white 1.8S with a manual and dealer installed fog lights! If it comes with mud flaps and floor mats, It'll be $15,610. I think I got a good deal. Could I have beaten them down another $100? Possibly. Another $200? Not likely. But I actually consider sales to be a noble profession, and wasn't trying to get an absolute killer deal, just a fair deal. So while Carsdirect says the best price in my area is about $500 over sticker, I got it for $400 under sticker. I think that is fair! My custom ordered Cube should be in my diveway in 45 to 60 days.

The dealer was Puyallup Nissan, and the salesman was Dan Renard (253-848-4507, [email protected]), both highly recommended.

mpm

Sweet!! Good deal. I'm looking for a S trim, but with the cvt. There are only a few in my state right now though. I test drove a SL trim and liked it a lot, but at 18,600 it was a little too much for a spare vehicle right now. I really don't care what color I get as long as it is simply the S trim and cvt. The cube does come pretty much fully loaded with tons of safety features and such that you cannot even get on the versa model that everyone compares the cube too. So I don't think the cube is over priced too much for what you get. I like the cube because I'm a large tall man and I fit very comfortably in it. Anyway post some pics of your new ride and have fun!!

MasterKC

I'm curious, why do you want the S with a CVT, and not the SL? The cvt is a $1000 option in the S, which narrows the price difference between the S and SL quite a bit, and there are quite a few nice extras in the SL package as well.

mpm

MasterKC wrote:I'm curious, why do you want the S with a CVT, and not the SL? The cvt is a $1000 option in the S, which narrows the price difference between the S and SL quite a bit, and there are quite a few nice extras in the SL package as well.
This is going to be a spare vehicle for our family so I don't want to spend too much. I can get a S trim with cvt for a little over 16,000. The cheapest SL I have seen is close to 19,000 though. I also really don't need the 20 color changing lights or automatic temperature control or alum wheels. The S comes with the essential things that I need.

Chris92SE
Car: 2017 QX30
2003 Pathfinder LE

Sounds like a good deal. I finally saw a Cube the other day and they look a lot better than I thought they would.

They had a brown Krom model at the dealership here, but that was it.

D3stro

45 to 60 days before delivery!?!

MasterKC

45 to 60 days delivery isn't unreasonable, considering that the only place my Cube now exists is in a computer in Japan. If there is another one like I ordered that shows up in the region, they'll get me that one earlier.

Dalma

Well it sounds like you got a great deal on your car.

Return to “Cube Forum”