Good Metal...

Musicians and music-related topics are all right here in the Music Room.
1unar3clipse
Car: 93 240sx HB, 01 Dodge Dakota SLT

^

All hail the Waste!

My favorite song is gotta be beer pressure. You cannot dislike a song where the band pulls fans on stage to drink from the beer bong.

flohtingPoint
Car: 2004 Z16 Corvette Z06

1unar3clipse wrote:How about warrant? and tossing meat at your fans

in other news Heaven and Hell was AMAZING last night.
Dio, even at 70+, still rules!

94_240sx
Car: 94_240SX

flohtingPoint wrote:
Dio, even at 70+, still rules!
Dio... I saw him two times. Amazing singer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rajfsx0sUnU

pj
Car: 95 s14

dunno if anyone still likes thrash but, toxic holocaust keeps it simple and good.also, christ inversion for any anselmo fans...like sjr except faster and well...evil-er? lol

ScrapMetal
Car: 1999 Chevrolet S10, 1991 Ford Bronco 5.0

Awesome band xekushnr, definitely gonna check out more of their stuff.

I haven't made a contribution to this thread in a while, but here's a band that's relatively unknown and I've been listening to them non stop. Really good stuff!

Miss May I-A Dance With Aera Cura

yangs13
Car: 1993 240sx-Dead, 2001 Maxima

ttt

picture me brokenhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiEVPpCAD7Y

old chevellehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE9BpegPl1A

nismofly
Car: 89 S13 Hatch

nismofly wrote:seeing BTBAM next month, maybe possibly with protest which would be absurd...cant wait
forgot to update that...it was amazing

pth didnt end up playing tho, just s***ty local bands that ive seen 40 times and arent any better now than they were the first time i saw them

next show looks like august burns red with acacia strain, should be insane...ill be sore after that one

yangs13
Car: 1993 240sx-Dead, 2001 Maxima

scrapmetal - we came as romans is coming out with a cd nov. 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...lated

nismofly
Car: 89 S13 Hatch

nismofly wrote:next show looks like august burns red with acacia strain, should be insane...ill be sore after that one
this is saturday...gotta get myself goin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AILdccqWumE

D3stro

Austrian Death Machine, solo project from Tim Lambesis head singer of As I lay Dying got a new album called Double Brutal. Way better than Total Brutal imo.

Just discover Destroy the runner. The album Saint is better than I, Lucifer because it ain't the same singer, more scream in Saint. Here's the song Saint.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC1JpOaPy1s

seang
Car: Ford Fiesta ST

I usually don't welcome alot of the newer metal band's music with open arms. I'm honestly a few years behind on the whole scene because I don't hang out with all metal heads and I barely ever go to concerts, but that aside, I love metal, and one band that wasn't on this thread is Nailbomb. they only had one release, 1994's "Point Blank". This CD will always have a place in my collection, right next to the other Max Cavalera stuff.

seang
Car: Ford Fiesta ST

Here are a few more essentials I forgot to mention...

*Hallow's Eve*, I only have the Tales of Terror cd. It sounds like Slayer, yet distinguished. I love the guitar tone. The way they sing is like a syllabic medieval chant, where Slayer is like a powerfully fast spoken word. He tries to hit the banshee screams sometimes like Tom Araya, and does okay. I enjoy this album through and through.

*Metal Church*, the 1984 self titled album. Memorable songs throughout.

ScrapMetal

yangs13 wrote:scrapmetal - we came as romans is coming out with a cd nov. 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...lated
Wow, I'm late but I just saw the link you posted, good stuff. Glad to see they haven't changed their style, they still sound great. Gonna go pick up the album this weekend, thanks bro.

I'm still kicking myself for not going to their show when they came down here to South Florida. Definitely gonna go next time they come.

Underoath and August Burns Red are playing down here together on the 24th, gonna check that one out for sure also.

tiger-SE-R
Car: 2006 Altima SE-R / 2002 Xterra / 1974 Datsun 610/ Suzuki GSX650F - "Put a Tiger in Your Tank"

Most of the peeps on NICO know that my kids are metalheads like myself.

My oldest has been to a few great shows hes seen Megadeth, Opeth, Lamb of God, Trivium, All that Remains, 36 Crazyfist and a few others.

well last night I suprised him with tickets to Trivium, White Chapel, Chimera, and Dirge Within. We went with Tito (numbnuts240) and Gerry (robpaulson)

The show was great, and it got even better when my 10 year old son got to go up on stage for the last half of the Trivium set. Both Matt and Corey talked to him a couple times, shook his hand, and ended up giving him the set list and a s*** load of picks. My kid was rocking out the whole show throwing up the devil horns. I was so proud lol, hes still riding on cloud nine.

nevertheless
Car: 1993 240sx hatch
1995 Nissan D21

Hope he liked Whitechapel, those other bands suck..Saw Abacabb, For Today, and The World We Knew last night, it was a good time.

tiger-SE-R
Car: 2006 Altima SE-R / 2002 Xterra / 1974 Datsun 610/ Suzuki GSX650F - "Put a Tiger in Your Tank"

nevertheless wrote: those other bands suck...

to each his own, I liked them all...

ScrapMetal

tiger-SE-R wrote: it got even better when my 10 year old son got to go up on stage for the last half of the Trivium set. Both Matt and Corey talked to him a couple times, shook his hand, and ended up giving him the set list and a s*** load of picks. My kid was rocking out the whole show throwing up the devil horns. I was so proud lol, hes still riding on cloud nine.
OMFG! What a bad a** experience! Little guy's gonna remember that for the rest of his life.

mattscar
Car: 1989 240sx, 1992 Miata

I am huge Death and Thrash Addict:

Death
Destruction
Evile
Sodom
Holy Moses
Exhorder
Evil Dead
Obituary
Sepultura
Skeleton Witch
Sadus
Forbidden
Laaz Rockit
Whiplash
Morbid Angel
Athiest
Kreator
Exumer
Hammerwhore
(Early) Blind Guardian
Celtic Frost
Demolition Hammer
Artillery

etc.

xekushnr
Car: '90 240sx Hatch

Nice to see this thread still going. :cheers:

As usual, a few more additions. I love the music and especially the guitar from Today I Caught the Plague, but I dont dig the singer. I still listen to them quite a bit regardless because the music is very very good. I still recommend everyone to listen to them. They are one of those bands that DONT sound the same every song.

Another I have been listening to is The Arusha Accord. I've been liking them all around. Good music to get you in the mood and energized for anything. As with most of these bands, its best played with the volume turned up.

Return to “The Music Room”