good deal?

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
Simmsled
Car: TSI GTI - E46 325i

Obviously everybody has their own idea on what works best. Everybody wants to use the placebo thing. Placebo - an unmedicated substance given as a medicine to humor a patient or as a control in an experiment. That is straight out of Webster's dictionary. For everybody that says that every wire is created equal, this is simply not true. Many of you are not considering the fact that good wires have low DC resistance, oxygen free silver plated copper, battery acid and heat resistant insulation, and wire geometry that prevents the wire from kinking. Kmart, sorry you have wires all over the place in your trunk. I believe I saw a power wire draped over one of your amps. I know that you have not been to installer school, or take much pride in your own install, but I do respect your right to have your own opinion. Have fun with your wires and just hope that you don't have to change out yours because the insulation wore away, melted, or the wires oxidized so badly that the wires couldn't pass enough current and burned up. These things happen over time. So don't worry about it right now. As far as blind a/b tests go... have you ever done one derek? I have. If you have ever been to a Streetwires training, which you have not, you can hear the difference that an entire system wired with good wires can have. You would also know that Silver Plated Oxygen Free Copper help achieve pure sound. Silver is generally a better conductor of electricity than copper. The higher frequency waves have a tendency to travel on the outer part of the wire so the Silver acts as sort of a purifier separating the high frequencies from the low frequencies in the copper. As an end result, the Silver/Copper layering filters out any interference between the two.(NOT A PLACEBO, based on Physical law and has been proven) And about the oxygen free copper. When Oxygen is present in the composition of copper it has a tendency to make the metal much more susceptible corrosion over time, increasing which increases the resistance in the conductor. This is a bad thing. Removing the Oxygen from the mix increases the life of the wire and helps it maintain peak performance.(NOT A PLACEBO, based on Physical law and has been proven.) You are correct about strand count and gauge though. However since Wal-Mart does not offer wires above 8 awg... you are stuck with buying bigger and better wires anyways.

scruf1986
Car: the car

But what school do you go to?

Simmsled

Hehe :D

Oh, and it says Purdue in my sig...

k-mart

Simmsled wrote: Kmart, sorry you have wires all over the place in your trunk. I believe I saw a power wire draped over one of your amps. I know that you have not been to installer school, or take much pride in your own install, but I do respect your right to have your own opinion. Have fun with your wires and just hope that you don't have to change out yours because the insulation wore away, melted, or the wires oxidized so badly that the wires couldn't pass enough current and burned up.

Oh dear, I was forced to use some spare power wire and it ended up not being long enough......it has since been replaced.......BUT if you would listen to my system, you wouldn't hear even a hint of distortion due to cable routing....

I don't have fun with my wires, I just get the job done.....and am planning an extensive install with a buddy of mine.....fully fiberglassed amp rack and flush mounted sub....maybe you'll see how much pride i take in it then......since you already KNOW i don't take pride in it because i won't needlessly pay out the *** for wire.....

Hmm......been going for well over a year with the same basic wiring and it still works......well i might add......now if i could just afford some expensive RCA's to make it sound SO much better......

However since Wal-Mart does not offer wires above 8 awg... you are stuck with buying bigger and better wires anyways.

To be claiming such mental superiority, you can't count.......

4awg is actually ABOVE 8awg........

Derek
Car: boobs

you had to use webster to figure out what a placebo was....

some university....

Simmsled

That is correct. Wal-Mart does not offer anything bigger than 8awg. What did you not understand about that? That is exactly what I said.

I defined placebo to get that out of the way so that you do not use this term incorrectly anymore.

Tell me why a high end cable company such as Streetwires was used in 90% of IASCA's Sound Quality competition vehicles... not to mention the top 10 finishers. Why are there no inferior cable brands in there? Are they all idiots?

If you take so much pride in your system, why did you post pics of it with wiring all over the place?

The only reason that I have continued this thread is because I would hope that you would be able to understand that good cables have better sound reproduction quality, engineering, reliability, craftsmanship, and product integrity. Whether it is car audio or home audio, cables matter. Your system can only be as good as what connects it and what its connected to and how it is connected. You obviously do not understand this. If you had been properly educated on this matter you would have a better understanding. Once you have been properly educated on car audio (Installers Institute), then designed and installed award winning show car systems, designed and installed $100,000 home theaters, and then written a term paper about sound reproduction then you come back and tell me that wires don't matter. Since you could not do that in a lifetime, I will tell you I did that before I even graduated from high school. I am now in my 3rd year in college and have been taking classes in electrical engineering to manage the operations of residential and commercial building construction. I can guarantee that none of those projects will ever have wiring problems. I guess thats why I am just over 1 year away from graduation and already have a job that doesnt just give me a salary, but stock options and profit sharing. I have never had to go back and redo wiring because some of it was faulty or not properly installed. You ignore the fact that good wires make for a better system. If I am not enough of a credible source then you will not believe anybody. You must have authority issues. I would get help if I were you.

scruf1986
Car: the car

Now the question is Should I bet money on the fact that Kmart will continue to argue? Hmmmm. I think you should post what you said about walmart wires vs. other wires at your own forum where you said you hung out. http://www.caraudioforum.com I think that was it. Then I think you should give them a link to this forum. So they can see all the stuff that has been said. Also it seems that Simm and I have given very technical information about why some wires are better than others. We have both be to and performed tests on this matter. However, all I have seen from you is talk. I haven't seen any hard core evidence that you know what your doing. To me a junior at Purdue majoring in electrical engineering along with all the knowledge that sim as posted tells me that he has pretty good evidence.

diamondj30
Car: Not to low , not to high , just right .

how much?

diamondj30

hey simsled did you go to finals.

Simmsled

How much for what and which finals?

ps.. you got it scruff.

diamondj30

the last iasca finals.

diamondj30

the last iasca finals.i dont believe it.i forgot what the how much was for.lol

k-mart

Simmsled wrote:That is correct. Wal-Mart does not offer anything bigger than 8awg. What did you not understand about that? That is exactly what I said.

You need to take a trip to Wal-Mart and look again, buddy....

Scosche 4AWG.......yes....FOUR........kit for $25

I defined placebo to get that out of the way so that you do not use this term incorrectly anymore. I want to know how I used it incorrectly. Just because it was used to describe something other than a medical study?

Tell me why a high end cable company such as Streetwires was used in 90% of IASCA's Sound Quality competition vehicles... not to mention the top 10 finishers. Why are there no inferior cable brands in there? Are they all idiots?sponsorship........

If you take so much pride in your system, why did you post pics of it with wiring all over the place?Sorry I was excited to finally get everything installed......so i put some pics up before everything was finalized......shoot me...

The only reason that I have continued this thread is because I would hope that you would be able to understand that good cables have better sound reproduction quality, engineering, reliability, craftsmanship, and product integrity. Whether it is car audio or home audio, cables matter. Your system can only be as good as what connects it and what its connected to and how it is connected. You obviously do not understand this. If you had been properly educated on this matter you would have a better understanding. Once you have been properly educated on car audio (Installers Institute), then designed and installed award winning show car systems, designed and installed $100,000 home theaters, and then written a term paper about sound reproduction then you come back and tell me that wires don't matter. Since you could not do that in a lifetime, I will tell you I did that before I even graduated from high school. I am now in my 3rd year in college and have been taking classes in electrical engineering to manage the operations of residential and commercial building construction. I can guarantee that none of those projects will ever have wiring problems. I guess thats why I am just over 1 year away from graduation and already have a job that doesnt just give me a salary, but stock options and profit sharing. I have never had to go back and redo wiring because some of it was faulty or not properly installed. You ignore the fact that good wires make for a better system. If I am not enough of a credible source then you will not believe anybody. You must have authority issues. I would get help if I were you.
I'm sorry I've been disagreeing with you......

It is now obvious that you are God and we should all bow before your greatness..........

I just know that I have done and have seen installs with so-called inferior wire that had no audible distortion. I'm not trying to dispute any laws of psychics here......I don't dispute that some wires may have and advantage over another wire......i just feel that this "advantage" is not audible due to experiences that i've had working with both car and home audio.......

Simmsled

Thats cool. I think im going to close this thread.

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”