going lean at wot in boost

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
chillmieste
Car: 97 240sx KA-T

hey everyone been a while since i been on here..... mi car has been acting a bit funny lately and cant seem to figure it out yet. When going into boost(around 3k) it afrs start to be like 11.2 then when i hit full boost(around 3.5k) it jumps mega lean to like 15+ like its getting no fuel. if i hold partial throttle it doesnt go lean only when im mashing on it. I already changed fuel pump and filter. Im leaning towards my adjustable fpr. Gonna try to eliminate that. any inputs???i have data logged this will post if someone knows how to examine them

current steup
aem ems v2
map sensor 3.5bar
t3/t04e 14psi
740cc
255 walbro
stock fuel rail

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Hey dude, long time no see. Good to see you're still a KAT guy. Just so I understand this, you can be at full boost, partial throttle say 3/4 and no leaning out? What about a controlled application of throttle until you reach WOT, by that I mean don't just floor it, take like a full 2 seconds to reach WOT. See if it goes lean then.

Is the TPS loose or anything? Disconnect and reconnect that dude just to marry the pins again.

15 is crazy lean dude, be very careful.

WD

chillmieste
Car: 97 240sx KA-T

exactly right i can go partial throttle at full boost without leaning out. as soon as i go WOT leans out. anyways was making a turn today and my car wouldnt accelerate. Couldnt hear my pump priming up...... so luckily my shop wasnt to far and i got a friend to take me to get my tools. also had an extra used walbro in the closet. SO checked for power at the pump and we had power so def the pump was shot. when i took it out i had found the little sock had been hanging partially off the pump. I think thats what killed it so soon (pump was jus replaced 3 months ago). That was actually the first time i had decided to use the new "sock" instead of reuseing my original one which looked totally black, thats why i didnt reuse it. Since i was on the side of the road doing this i rigged it up jus to get me home. I wonder if the dealer sells those stock fuel pump filter? Havent really got on it yet. until i get a filter on there the one i was using before didnt fit on my old walbro. anyways ill keep this posted hopefully it will fix my boosting issue.

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Huh, I've always reused my sock as well. I know I tossed out 2 of those last year. Didn't even think about it, I was under orders to thin out the garage. Go down to Napa and see what they have, ask if they have any idea's or will let you check out various socks they have in stock. A good parts guy is key to keeping your sanity imho. Nothing worse then talking to some toolbag that has no idea other then where the part is on the shelf. At least for me, I'm not patient.

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”