Glock 29 subcompact 10MM.. post your gun pics! IF YOU DONT LIKE GUNS, STAY OUT!

Hiking, fishing, hunting, boating, biking, travel and recreation-related discussion forum
Logan76
Car: Junk

I have a nice .22lr pistol

its a Colt Buntline scout, single action, has like an 8" + barrel, my pap bought it when he was 20's and in the Navy and when he died 3 years ago he was 86. I still shoot it all the time, its a used gun and he wouldnt want me to not shoot it. You guys ever hear of them? Ive never seen one before other than mine.

slipnfall
Car: '06 D40

Some of the P-series Sigs (229 in particular) allow you to swap in a 22 barrel. You can only chamber down (have to buy the gun (slide really) in 40 or 357 to start) though. It's never been a really strong selling point in my book (as I'd rather practice in the caliper I might be called to use), but it's something to consider.

I like that little CZ! Looks good for ankle concealment.

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

I'm probably gonna opt for a Ruger MK series personally...and i don't wanna go out and buy a Sig right now.

we'll see if I can fight the urge to go put a Mossberg 930 SPX on layaway first.

Logan76

Ive always wanted a suppressed ruger mkII in .22LR.

Mr1der

who doesn't?

I want something in .45 suppressed...it's just about all subsonic loads anyway...

DJ Raijin
Car: 1992 300ZX 2+0 T Top NA

i love those Ruger MKIIs. I bet they're a blast to shoot

4cefed
Car: 92 240SX Coupe
03 SRT-4
Various Dodge POSs

rjdmmfl1 wrote:
guys, i'm all for a slight thread jacking, but we're waayyyy off base here!!!

ok, back to the topic at hand, sorry for the delay in getting my pics up... here they are...
So you've had the 29 for a while. Do you still shoot it? I have a full size 20 and I love it, but it's really big to try and carry every day. I relegated mine to the under the pillow house defender.

I was thinking about getting one again. I thought the recoil would be too much, but we have been having some wildlife issues around here. The wife and kid almost got munched by a Black Bear while I was out for a walk, I had my ipod on and must have walked right past him a minute earlier. I was carrying my father's 23 in .40 S&W at the time. I did some looking at ballistics data and concluded that the 10mm is by far the most powerful handgun I have in the collection. It was shockingly stronger than even the .45 long colt.

I'm not saying I'm going bear hunting with a 10mm, but it's a very powerful daily carry gun that might slow him down enough for me to get away. Hey, Ted Nugent hunts wild boar with his...

Sorry about the sheets, they are the wife's idea.

Logan76

Nice sheets! lol jk. After I get a Walther PPK for CC, the 10mm would be my next purchase. I want one hardcore for at home, I would'nt even consider carrying mine.

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

Not sure I would get the PPK. I was looking at that for my wife but it gets terrible reviews. Misfeeds, kicks up badly in recoil and just glitchy. The Sig iteration seems to have better reliability, but it still chambers .380. I don't know that I would put my life on the line behind such a diminutive round.

Logan76

I need to get a really small gun, either .380, or a really small snub nose .38 special. I like to wear shorts and I want a pistol I can just toss in my pocket and it be concealed and I can just go and be protected.

Mr1der

I'd stay away from the PPK.

I love the little guns, but they don't work well with anything but ball, have a horrible trigger and bite the s*** outta my hands.

you want a decent .380, I'd look for a Ruger LCP, NAA Guardian, Kel-tec P3-AT, a Kahr P380 or a SIG P238 (this one is neat, it's basically a Colt pony done up to look Siggy)

oh, the Magnum Research Micro Eagle is another good one...all of these should be on par or considerably less than the price of the PPK.

and smaller. The PPK is a faily big pistol for the caliber. There's also a few good surplus guns in 9x18mm Makarov (it's a little more powerful than the .380 but not quite 9mm) that are VERY nice shooters and can be found less than 200.

if you plan on pocket carry, get a good pocket holster.

I think I'm gonna pick one up from Don Hume for my Kahr PM9 in the next few weeks...I'm wanting to say it runs about 60 bucks but is a very nice little leather piece.

4cefed
03 SRT-4
Various Dodge POSs

That's really funny, I've heard extreme opposite reviews on Walthers. My father's wife had the .22lr auto. It had horrible issues feeding with every kind of ammo we tried.

When it worked, it was a "neat" gun to pick up and shoot, but I tried showing my wife how the decocker worked. (Had to be on safe and pull the trigger.) I proceeded to drive a round into the sod 5 feet in front of us. I said that's enough and never picked it up again.

But gun review loved it and couldn't praise it enough. To me they seem like the old Chrysler L, P, and K bodies. About 20% of people never put a dime in it and got 300,000 miles out of them. The rest of us couldn't go 10 feet without it breaking.

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

I like the look of the Walther PPS an P99 but they don't chamber the round I like and the weird trigger and mag release are a turn off.

Mr1der

the early Walther P22's and Sig Mosquitos sucked. If you want a good .22 auto pistol, Ruger MK or the Browning Buckmark are the way to go.

the PPS is a blocky top heavy gun...don't much care for it...and the retarded mag prices...

ooo ooo! used Sig Sauer P6's are back in stock at around 330 a piece...this is a nice 8 round single stack 9mm.

it was the first of the current Generation of Sig pistols...great gun. The method of lock up is used on a lot of guns now.

rjdmmfl1
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe, Radiant Silver, 3.5SE, Premium Package, VDC

4cefed wrote:
So you've had the 29 for a while. Do you still shoot it? I have a full size 20 and I love it, but it's really big to try and carry every day. I relegated mine to the under the pillow house defender.

I was thinking about getting one again. I thought the recoil would be too much, but we have been having some wildlife issues around here. The wife and kid almost got munched by a Black Bear while I was out for a walk, I had my ipod on and must have walked right past him a minute earlier. I was carrying my father's 23 in .40 S&W at the time. I did some looking at ballistics data and concluded that the 10mm is by far the most powerful handgun I have in the collection. It was shockingly stronger than even the .45 long colt.

I'm not saying I'm going bear hunting with a 10mm, but it's a very powerful daily carry gun that might slow him down enough for me to get away. Hey, Ted Nugent hunts wild boar with his...
yeah, regarding automatic handguns, it is definitely one of the most powerful rounds out there in a CC format. (Obviously excluding magnum revolvers ) And I have definitely heard of some hunters using the Glock 29 as a suitable backup weapon when hunting big game!

I've had it for a while now, and I love it. WHen in the appropriate states, its my CC weapon of choice. But, as you already know, its a BIATCH finding ammo at a decent price. The gun shop owners are taking advantage like no one's business.. I went to American shooting center here in San Diego (yeah I'm calling them out because I think its phucked up how they are ripping people off) and the wanted $59.99 plus tax for a box of 200 grain, 50 round FMJ bullets... ...

I went to another local shop, and picked up a 50 round box of American Eagle for $22 ... thats more like it! I mean I know 10mm ammo is expensive... but paying $60 plus for regular target ammo is just too much!

Anyway, I'm thinking I'm gonna grab a Springfield Armory subcompact 40 cal and a glock 30 subcompact .45 cal for additional CC weapons. I love shooting both of those at my local range! And for me, compact and subcompacts fit perfectly in my hands, even for everyday target shooting not just CC

4cefed
03 SRT-4
Various Dodge POSs

The ammo is getting kind of ridiculous. I recommend reloading. It's no more expensive than any other caliber. .400 dia. bullets are common too.

Mr1der

check out the XD-45 compact.

it's a got a 4" barrel but has the cutdown grip like the SC's.

bobotech

I bought a XD-9 subcompact on a whim.

Fun.

Mr1der

nice little guns.

I wouldn't mind a bi-tone to go with my 45

critic

my xd40

bobotech

That is nice! Looks like my kid's XD45. His has the same color scheme.

rjdmmfl1

My local shop just had its annual customer appreciation day sale, and although I went to pick up a Glock 30, I ended up grabbing the XD 40 subcompact... well, i bought it anyway, dam* California laws require us to wait 10 days for any gun purchase... so I'll go pick it up on the 11th... still looking to get the Glock 30, and i think that will complete my CC arsenal...

Mr1der

yeah, you don't get the 12 round fullsize mags for it either.

I wonder if Beretta 96 mags will work on them...

I know a Beretta 92 mag will work in the 9 with a little modding.

rjdmmfl1

finally picked up my subcompact XD-40 last week... shoots really nice, low recoil, ordered PEARCE grip extensions for all of the clips (like I did for my Glock 29, 10mm subcompact) and with the grip extension, it feels great...

my wife loves it though so I think I'm gonna give it to her and go ahead and grab the subcompact Glock 30 next month, after my 30 wait period is over...

I'll post pics of the XD-40 subcompact soon

Mr1der

if it didn't have nightsights, get a set of Truglo TFO's for it.

that's the next upgrade my XD gets.

go check out XDtalk.com while you're at it.

great people over on those boards.

slipnfall

New means of crowd control: 12g pardner protector. No plans to 'tac it out, just functional additions. It'll hold 5+1, but an extension tube will put that to 7+1.

'Nearly identical to a Remington 870, but with a steel receiver. I'm not the type that get's bent about something not being 100% American made - especially when I can save $$$$ and not sacrifice quality.

Mr1der

they're supposed to be good pieces.

my XD is Croatian.

slipnfall

I've been so busy I haven't even shot it in yet. Comparable to a 9mm in terms of cost to shoot - $10/50shells, which is nice. Maybe I'll have to find a trap shoot meet to break it in.

'cmon, there has to be more of you out there upholding your 'right!

Mr1der

they're being tards I reckon...

I went out shooting yesterday and got soured when my Kahr decided it didn't want the trigger to return properly.

it's gonna take a trip to the factory then probably a trip to the gunstore for a permanent place to stay

bobotech

I think I warned you about Kahrs. Hopefully you can get it fixed easily enough.

Return to “The Great Outdoors”