Glock 29 subcompact 10MM.. post your gun pics! IF YOU DONT LIKE GUNS, STAY OUT!

Hiking, fishing, hunting, boating, biking, travel and recreation-related discussion forum
bobotech

rocko76 wrote:Some of the more interesting stuff:

This is on its way. Bonus points for anyone who knows what it is.
I don't know how I completely missed this thread but I am just reading it now.

Anyway before I read any further, my guess on that is an H&K auto sear that usually run about 13,000 dollars and up.

If so, hot damn and lucky you!!!

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

rofl 7-800 rounds on a Sig is still in the break in period!

Logan76
Car: Junk

I bought my 1911 used and just this summer I put 500 rounds through it easily.

Mr1der

Springfield Armory is might very well be my favorite company now...their customer support is outstanding as is the quality/value of their products.

a decent holster will make that P229 disappear though.

my uncle carries a 239 quite often (roughly the same size, just slimmer as it's a single stack frame)

DJ Raijin
Car: 1992 300ZX 2+0 T Top NA

Well since everyone else is showing off their handguns I think I'll show mine off too Beretta 92FS

slipnfall
Car: '06 D40

I had considered the 92FS as a first hand-gun. 'Read a lot of decent reviews back then, but I wanted a shorter barrel. That said, it looks like a single-stack mag (?) so I bet it's fairly slim (and easy to tuck).

Mr1der

no, it's not.

the Beretta 92 is a BIG gun, especially for a 9mm.

good shooters though, doubt I'll ever own one though.

Logan76

Mr1der, know anything about the browning highpower in 9mm? I shot one the other day along with a beretta and I thought both of them shot fairly well.

Mr1der

the last gun John Browning had a hand in designing.

the SAS used them for a long time and might still use them...

it's easily one of the greatest combat pistols made.

13 rounds of 9mm.

it was the pistol Chris used in the first Resident Evil.

I don't know much about them though, never really read up on it.

slipnfall

'Just picked up this classic West German P225 on the cheap.

Mr1der

awww you suck!

I want one.

how much you give for it?

if it was less than 300 you got a deal.

I wish I'd known about the pistols a year ago when they could be had for 280 easily.

slipnfall

450 bones. The ones you saw for sub-$300 last year were probably P6's (identifiable by a skeleton, or hollow external hammer). The P6's were the German LEO version of the US P225, starting around the early 80's. Same gun essentially, but they have some problems w/JHP due to a bit 'more laxed' (for lack of better terms) manufacturing tolerances on the feed ramp.

The US 225 is hard to come by under $500. By today's standards the P6/225 isn't anything too special, but it's a very reliable CC. Round count sucks (and only available in 9mm), but I figure if you need more than 8 rounds to defend yourself, you need more help anyway. I'm not here to wage any wars.

slipnfall

PS - PA has a reciprocity agreement with TN (); are they fairly liberal about carry permits out there? If so what's your choice for travel (HG wise)?

bobotech

M-rider, I got my P6 for 360 with a case of 9mm ammo and 3 mags and 2 holsters.

Got it about a year ago. Love that gun. I'm partial to steel/alloy framed guns. That's why I bought a 9mm XD subcompact recently too. LOL Just one of those urge buys.

Logan76

Welp, im trading my 1911 in tommorow, Its developed some serious jamming issues and has had them for awhile, Ive been putting off trading her in but I've made up my mind. My local gun shop has a huge selection of used guns, Im going to try to trade my 1911 in for a used 9mm, Glock or Sig, maybe xd.

Mr1der

fair enough, the more I look into the Springfield GI and Mil Spec, it seems the more hear about jamming issues.

before you decide to trade it in though, send it back to Springfield.

they'll probably take care of you.

TN's a shall issue state, you pass the course and background check, you get a permit.

I still need to get mine...

slipnfall

I didn't so much get mine w/the intentions of carrying 24/7 - mostly to allow loaded vehicle transport and reduced hassling w/cops (even if it was unloaded/separated).

Logan76

I traded it straight in for a Taurus pt24/7 in 9mm brand new in the box, and im buying a sig as soon as I get back to work, I just couldnt afford the difference being laid off.

Mr1der

ehhhh...I hope you got one made on a Wednesday.

Logan76

Why's that lol? Its just to tide me over, I got too much going on right now between my civic, my attempt to save for a quality mig welder, and my guns...

Mr1der

Taurus has some concerning reviews and reports about qaulity.

I've shot a few and they've been fine...but I've also seen some that just don't work.

the 24/7 has had the same issue as the rest of the lineup.

on the plus side, 9mm is almost half the price of 45 for target ammo, go wring it out!

DJ Raijin

slipnfall wrote:I had considered the 92FS as a first hand-gun. 'Read a lot of decent reviews back then, but I wanted a shorter barrel. That said, it looks like a single-stack mag (?) so I bet it's fairly slim (and easy to tuck).
This thing is massive and it is double stack. I have 1 10 round and 1 15 round mag for mine. When fully loaded with the 15 round, it would make one hell of a truncheon as well. Believe me, it would have a powerful follow through should I ever decide/need to pistol whip someone with it.

However, for me, it has a very slow draw from stand still and it seems as its kinda front heavy, so it's initial pointability is rather low. However, I am a man of small stature standing in at a mere 5'4" 135lbs.

But, it's weight is excellent for successive shots. There is little to no recoil at all and it's super easy to shoot and clean. All the functions are right where they need to be and all work like a charm. It comes with the heavy springs from the factory and can accept all the heavy 9mm loads you want, up to and including the 149gr +P+ rounds. The only feeding issues i have are with the really light loads as they don't generate enough force to properly cycle. I target shoot with 129gr rounds and they're pretty weaksauce in this thing.

Fit and finish is very very good. It's tight all around but not so tight that it's a pain to tear down for cleaning. There are no rattles or squeaks or any sort of cosmetic issues at all, granted it's had an easy life despite me being the 3rd owner.

I love my 92 and I'm glad it's my first (and currently) only handgun. Plus the aftermarket for them is pretty mighty. Oh...if you get squirrely, you can find a 96 slide and put that on top. Blamo, .40 S&W.

Mr1der

it's got a really light slide that makes for wicked quick doubletaps.

I think I'm gonna look into getting a Sig P226 for a fun gun...you can usually find old police trade ins at very nice prices.

DJ Raijin

Mr1der wrote:it's got a really light slide that makes for wicked quick doubletaps.

I think I'm gonna look into getting a Sig P226 for a fun gun...you can usually find old police trade ins at very nice prices.
When I shot my buddy's Sig, that's what made me realize what a pig my 92 is. His is a 225 (older model) in 9mm. Initial pointability was amazing! Every time I drew it, it went right on target with no awkward nose flipping/diving like my beretta does. It was way lighter and, in my opinion, better balanced.

However, perceived recoil was much higher even in 9mm. Up until this time, the only handgun I had ever shot was my Beretta and follow up shots were a bit harder for me as there was much more muzzle climb as well. He's 6'2" and 200lbs so the muzzle climb was nothing for him, but it was much more drastic for me.

Great gun though. If I was in the market for another metal frame 9mm it'd definitely be a Sig.

Mr1der

I like them.

next new pistol I get will probably be a 1911 or a little CZ 2075 Rami

I LOVE the CZ-75 design.

it's a great shooter...possibly the best combat pistol ever made. 1911 tards will jump on that statement, but it's true.

Logan76

I miss my 1911 but if I own another one it would be a Kimber or Wilson combat, not a springfield armory.

Mr1der

don't let the low end gun sour you.

to be fair, the 1911 is a pain in the a** to make run good without it being a pricey gun.

Springfield makes some great stuff, I wish you'd have called up their customer service department before trading it in.

bobotech

LOL about needing a pricey 1911 so that it will run right.

I have a 350 dollar pawn shop Norinco 1911 that runs rings around other 1911s that I have seen.

I rarely ever get any jams or problems. It just shoots and shoots.

I love that stupid China crap. LOL

Logan76

I didnt think they would warranty it since i wasnt the original owner, who knows? im pretty happy with the pt 24/7 so far, ive put maybe 100rds through her without a jam, and ive been shooting cheap CCI blazers, my 1911 couldnt shoot 1 magazine of them without a jam let alone 2 boxes of ammo.

Mr1der

bobotech wrote:LOL about needing a pricey 1911 so that it will run right.

I have a 350 dollar pawn shop Norinco 1911 that runs rings around other 1911s that I have seen.

I rarely ever get any jams or problems. It just shoots and shoots.

I love that stupid China crap. LOL
LUCKY.

my Charles Daly is more useful as a hammer.

as far as I know, it doesn't matter if you're the original owner or not on SA's stuff...just as long as it's still in stock condition or only modified by the factory smiths.

I went out yesterday and put another 100 rounds through the Kahr and the XD45 as well as 50 through the Super Blackhawk.

not a problem from any other than my crappy accuracy.

I GOTTA start shooting more...I need to get a .22 before long...and a CZ-52 because it's so cheap to get some surplus ammo right now.

Return to “The Great Outdoors”