Get creative, win a Nissan Juke!

The web's first forum dedicated to the Nissan Juke and the Nissan Qazana.
AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

The Nissan Juke has a bold design and 3 innovative driving modes that set it apart from any other urban vehicle. To bring that uniqueness to life, Nissan found some of the hottest emerging artists and asked them to create artwork that will live not in a gallery, but as designs on the Juke itself.

We have the artists sharing about their inspiration in a few short clips we’d love to share with the Nissan Juke enthusiasts here....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxS5b1X7D0Y[/youtube]

The excitement doesn’t end there — There is a nationwide contest to award one lucky winner a brand new Juke of their own, along with other prizes given out weekly.

To enter the contest, interested participants can visit www.NissanJukeStudio.com and submit a wrap of their design, drawing inspiration from the original work of our 3 artists.

C'mon, guys - Send your friends a link to this thread, recruit your most creative buddies, and let's go win this thing!!!

drksolest
Car: 91 240sx coupe

I bet i'd win with a 7 legged spider drawing.

dickie
Car: Killer Turtle

I made this one but I found the process really clunky and slow-going.

GRey1
Car: 2015 Gun Metallic SL AWD w/Tech
2011 Chrome Nissan Juke SV CVT-AWD

I have ZERO artistic ability. :frown:

dickie
Car: Killer Turtle

P.S. Vote for me, I will donate the car to Nico if I win. Promise.

I made another design too:

http://www.nissangraphics.com/juke/details.php?s=3714

Encryptshun
Car: 2005 Xterra

drksolest wrote:I bet i'd win with a 7 legged spider drawing.
OMG :rotfl

Actually, you give that to the collection agency if you are behind on your payments.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

I've been dropping hints to Nissan lately that they need to make a version to go head to head with a WRX. I'm going to try and submit a WRX-ish Juke to further give them the hint.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin

The creativity-limited site can lick my taint. Someone lower this and I'll email it to Carlos:

JukeAttitude
Car: 2011 Nissan Juke "S" Sapphire Black

Something I've wanted to do on our own Juke and surprisingly, my wife actually agrees with the colors. Thou I was hoping for more of a "Ghostly" appearance, You get the jest of it.

edited hotlinks to other forums - Mgmt
Last edited by JukeAttitude on Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Those are sweet!!!

Love the second one... That's something that could go straight to production.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin

Hey Greg, you should do one with your Eddie Van Halen style graphics like are on your cube... I'd be interested in seeing some of that 80s flare.

JukeAttitude
Car: 2011 Nissan Juke "S" Sapphire Black

Thanks AZ.. I've recently added a poll on my blog page to indicate to readers possible juke colors for 2012 -2013 and beyond.. Take the poll or submit your color.. Just let me know who you are upon joining the page.. I'm getting a rash of "unwanted" comments on the page so I've had to close the doors.

Also, Thank you Mgmt for correctly posting my images, I was unsure if Nicoclub would have allowed them, Seeing how "another site" disapproved them..

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin

No problem. We just typically aren't too fond of hotlinking to other forums (or even sites for that matter), when the point you are trying to convey can just as easily be posted here (in this case, we just posted the pictures directly instead of links to pages that had the pictures). Try and refrain from doing it in the future :)

NASCARLANCE
Car: 2011 Juke SL AWD
1995 j30t
1988 Hardbody

Hey, I just wanted to let everyone know that someone from Nico won the Juke.
It's a guy from Alabama who's name is Hugh B. I think he goes by NascarLance on here.
He's talked to Eprize and the wheels are in motion for him to get his Juke.
From what I understand he will go to the dealership and pick out his SL AWD and the dealership will invoice Eprize for it. When they pay, he gets to go pick up his Juke.
That's one lucky SOB, I could never have luck like that.....or could I? :monkey:

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin

Wow dude, congrats!!! Let's see the picture! (I actually got it in an email, but you should post it for everyone to see).
PS- that monkey dude you posted is getting jiggy with it!!

NASCARLANCE
1995 j30t
1988 Hardbody

Yea, it's kinda crazy, it was one of the more, umm, let's say creative designs that I entered.
There's a picture of it in all of the emails that they sent to the entrants proclaiming that a winner had been chosen.
Theres a link to it in Nissans monthly newsletter. When you go to the Nissan Graphics web page, it's on the main page.
What really trips me out is that the 3 artist who were part of the campaign chose my design. If you look at the final 18, mine does kinda stand out.
The only way that I got into the running was by submitting my design just after midnight on a Sunday night when the voting for the new week started. I got a few votes Sunday night and that was enough to keep me on the main voting page. Most people aren't going to flip though all of the designs, they will just vote for what catches their eye on the first page or two.
http://www.nissangraphics.com/juke/

I will try to post pictures of every side, because they are all different. I'm having trouble with my screen capture.
Imagine driving down the interstate and look to the right and see these BIG EYEBALLS looking back at you.

dasoupdude
Car: 2005 Z

I like that^

Also, whatever it is your on. Pass it to the left.

NASCARLANCE
1995 j30t
1988 Hardbody

Here's the other views of the Juke:
front & back

passenger side

I was emailed from ePrize again with some more details, it said:

Please select your preferred color and then call and/or email me so that I can relay your preference to our client. The vehicle will be shipped from California to Alabama and then wrapped in your design. We do not have an exact timeline at this point, but our client has informed us that the wrapping and delivery of your vehicle will take several weeks.Your car will be delivered to the Jim Burke Dealership.

The 3 colors are-
1-gun metallic
2-sapphire black
3-cayenne red

I'm going to go talk to the dealership about the wrapping because I might/might not keep the car. I'm going to test drive a juke and a few more cars while I'm there to see what I like the best. If I like something else more I might talk with them about doing some type of trading or something.

NASCARLANCE
1995 j30t
1988 Hardbody

I have finally got all of the paper work and legal stuff taken care of. I went to the Jim Burke Dealership last Friday and took care of all of that stuff. I should get the car on Friday (6/10).

The sales manager told me that they will have some news crews there, the dealership wants enough film to make a commercial out of and that Nissan USA wants film of everything for who knows what. Did I mention that I hate to be on video? Oh well, small price to pay, I guess.
He also told me that the first day that the RED SL AWD JUKE showed up on their inventory, he received like 10 calls from other dealers saying that they had customers that were searching for that particular package.
As the sales manager was showing me around, he was introducing me as "The Juke Guy" and everyone knew what he meant.

For those who are interested Eprize paid the dealership $23,822 and I had to pay $1868.73 for delivery and taxes for a total of $25,690.73.
When I get some pictures of the Juke I'll post them.

Oh yeh, all of the guys that I've dealt with at Jim Burke have been really cool and laid back. The only way that they could have really made any money off of this deal would have been to sell me on a bunch of dealer installed options, they did not even try. I think I will get a car cover to go with it though, that way if I sell it I can say that it was always covered.

More to come.....

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin

I can't wait to see how it all goes down! Although, I'm sure you're a little more anxious than me.

NASCARLANCE
1995 j30t
1988 Hardbody

I haven't got the Juke yet. I have a definite time and date though; I will get it Wednesday 6/15/11 starting at 2:00pm.
I say starting at 2pm because they are going to do an interview and get film for a local commercial and for Nissan.
There could be a news crew there also, I know their going to make it a bigger deal than I am comfortable with. :ohno:
I should be out of there in a couple of hours, nothing an extra nerve pill can't handle.
Anyone who is in the area is more than welcome to come by, they told me the more the merrier.
I would not recomend it if you are in the witness protection program :couch because you could end up in a TV commercial.
Jim Burke Nissan
1300 3rd Avenue North
Birmingham AL

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin

Hah I'm sure you'll do fine man. What could go wrong?

NASCARLANCE
1995 j30t
1988 Hardbody

PapaSmurf2k3 wrote:Hah I'm sure you'll do fine man. What could go wrong?
I got something in both of my eyes yesterday, hair, dirt, fork, spoon, who knows what. After several hours of trying to dig it out, I had to get in the shower and blast the water into my eyes while I tried to hold them open with my fingers. Burnt like sh*t but it washed out what ever was in there.
Now both my eyes look like I've been burning the great green bush.
"No. I'm not high, I had something in my eye. I swear."

2 hours to go, time for a nerve pill.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin

Update!!!

NASCARLANCE
1995 j30t
1988 Hardbody

I hid the Juke behind my cousins old house that is right next door to us.
It is a little more yellow than it's showing up in the pictures.
I had to take them with my phone and the sun was about to set.
Here is the Juke:

DRIVERS SIDE

PASSENGERS SIDE

FRONT

BACK

FRONT BUMPER

HOOD

ROOF

LIFT GATE

DRIVERS SIDE CLOSER

chompsticks
Car: Cube Krom

I gotta admit, that car would make me smile on the road.... and then swerve a) into you b) into the car on the otherside of me... ;)

Congrats though!

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin

Haha wow I didn't know you'd win a juke with the actual paint job! Props to Nissan for that one.

So is it an actual paint job, or is it a vinyl overlay?

ViceIntruder
Car: Nissan Verza 2007

I like the JUKE's design. One of the most fun cars I have ever seen. Looking forward to test drive one for sometime now.

NASCARLANCE
1995 j30t
1988 Hardbody

PapaSmurf2k3 wrote:Haha wow I didn't know you'd win a juke with the actual paint job! Props to Nissan for that one.

So is it an actual paint job, or is it a vinyl overlay?
It's a vinyl wrap.
Nissan has been great. In these contest/sweepstakes they have to do every thing exactly as the rules state.
I guess there are people who would sue them for selling a car at a 99.935% discount after taxes, destination and handling.
Any way, I was supposed to pay for all options and accessories but I told them that I didn't want any extras, so I was not expecting any.
When I got the Juke it had the splash guards installed, with the floor & cargo mats in it. It's not a lot but it is probably the 2 most practical accessories and was a nice surprise.
chompsticks wrote:I gotta admit, that car would make me smile on the road.... and then swerve a) into you b) into the car on the otherside of me... ;)

Congrats though!
A lot of people have swerved, or ran off the edge of the road, or almost hit me side to side by trying to take pictures/film while driving, or some of them speed up, slow down, speed up and slow down just to take pictures.
It gets more attention than anyone could ever imagine. I have a 10 year old niece and she giggles the whole time that she is riding in it because of the way peoples heads whip around when they see it go by.
It's not everyday when you see a car that looks like a living cartoon go driving by.
The funniest thing that has happened so far ~
I was the first car sitting at a East bound red light to continue straight.
There was a car full of teenagers in the West bound turn lane waiting to cross in front of me.
When they got their green light and turned across in front of me, they were all checking the car out(even the driver).
With no one paying attention to the road, the driver ran all the way over the concrete island to my right.
It scared the sh*t out of all of all of them.
Needless to say they all quit looking at the car at the same time.

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

dude that is freaking awesome! congrats!! i love the design. its hysterical. any chance on ebay'ing the thing? (or are you required to keep it for X amount of years?)

Return to “Juke Forum | Qazana Forum”