gas mileage improve over time?

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
scruffster

On a new Murano - does the gas mileage improve over time? I believe it has on all past cars but I worry. Does I get used to you after a while???

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Well, the car does 'learn' based on driving habits and fuel type used. I'm not familiar with mileage improving with time on a new car. We have a guy who bought his Versa recently and was tracking mileage from the get go. He had one low reading on like the third tank, but all the others were within a mile of each other. Are you getting crumby mileage?

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

They improve during the first 5K miles or with the new motor wearing slightly to loosen up and then overall it's downhill after that...............in varying amounts depending on how well taken care of they are.

RonaldLCraft
Car: Currently, the family vehicles are a 2007 Nissan Murano S, a 2010 Nissan Murano SL.

Todays vehicles, don't go through as much of a break in period as they did decades ago. The changes one sees over time, are more likely a function of driving habits, weather conditions and seasonal fuel formulations. Then again, given it is a new vehicle, there could be something wrong, if it is not meeting specification. Or, you could be using an inadequate fuel.

It would be helpful if you tell us about your car, your fuel, how fast you drive, what mileage you expect to get and what mileage you are getting.

scruffster

First tank of gas - just city driving was 21.5 so turned out pretty good really.

Return to “Murano Forum”