G37 Vert Top 2 Chirps Issue

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
haleakalag

Ok, my G37 Vert top dilemma continues. Last week the Black Parcel Shelf fell off during top closure. I finally fixed that (ended up supergluing the rivet nuts back into the plastic openings) and all was well. Or so I thought. We haven't been using the car much, and the battery was dead just prior to the top issue. After I charged the battery, the module was doing the Chirp Chirp, so I opened and closed the top (which is when the piece fell off). Now, the top works great, but every time I shut the car off, the the Chirps are back. What is really odd, if I open and close the trunk, the Chirps go away until the next drive. Could all this be related to a bad battery????? 2 chargers are showing a full battery, but clearly it is not starting quickly, with lights dimming more than normal when starting (or not starting at all first time or 2). Sorry for all the extra info, I guess my questions relate to the chirps/module, and also, could a bad battery still show full charge on charger and be causing this array of problems.

RED_DET
Vendor
Car: 2004 6 speed G35 Sedan, 2011 G37x, 1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R SR20DET, C7Z06

I would suggest replacing the battery. The convertible top function has a huge draw on the battery.

ikalinin
Car: 2018 Infiniti QX60 Deluxe Tech
2018 Nissan Rogue SL

you may have a code that was thrown, and its still stored in the system.. get a scanner and clear it

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”