FYI - EX35 Exhaust discontinued

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
ferrythecat
Car: 2009 EX35

Apologies if this came up before, I don't see it mentioned.

'09 EX35 Journey, generally low maintenance. The exhaust cracked just before the mid flange a few years back and I got a local shop to weld it shut. Then the bolts on one side of the muffler flange rusted through and so I closed that backup, but I feel like it is just a matter of time until I have to re-do the exhaust. 10 years, 80K miles, it really should be holding up better, but it is what it is.

Normally I would never consider stealership parts, but given the 'custom' nature of this exhaust, I went to look it up today. Oh how nice of Nissan. Make an overly complex set of exhaust pipes and then discontinue them. Front, mid and muffler are all showing discontinued.

Looks like it will be either EBAY and/or a local specialty shop.

I am open to suggestions, links, other ideas if anyone has them.

CK

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

This might expand your possibilities. If you wind up going the used route, don't forget to check your local auto salvage yard.
The 09-10 FX35 exhaust is identical to the 08+ EX35 exhaust, starting from the cat. Meaning it's also identical to the G37 coupe. The only difference, like how the 03-08s were, is that the tips need to be extended on the FX35. I confirmed this in the service manuals of all 3 cars.
+++++++++++++++++
My brother test-fitted his EX35 a while ago with Berk Technology's HighFlow Cat for the VQ35HR, and it was a perfect fit, meaning it should fit on the 09+ FX35 as well. The differences with the HFC are noticeable, so I will probably be trying on a set in a few months. Will let you guys know the findings.
+++++++++++++++++
As for which brand, since the catback designs are identical, all the way down to where the hooks are, I'm sure any brand catback exhaust for the G37coupe / 370Z would fit the 08+ EX35, and in turn the 09+ FX35. It's just that tip problem that needs to be solved. I really don't like the idea of extending tips on aftermarket exhaust. It's 1) hard to line up to look right, and 2) the job probably won't be as clean as how it was produced in the first place.

ferrythecat
Car: 2009 EX35

@Rogue One, good idea on the salvage yard. Finding something local beats having to get it shipped. And most the EBAY sellers of parts like this are salvage yards anyhow.

The part #s for the FX35 are different. It may well all fit just fine, but if I go that path I will have to find a friendly dealer who will let me confirm they are truly the same. My guess is one hanger is in a different spot or something goofy that doesn't matter to much. I will do some more digging on this. My guess is that something is a perfect fit. I thought the US mandated a 10 year manufacturer parts availability.

CK

Dzionassi
Car: 2017 Infiniti QX50

g37 coupe exhaust parts are the same, but i am not sure 100% on mid pipe.

AWGD8
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD JOURNEY

Y pipe for the G37 coupe is 100% the same . That’s what I have on my 2008 EX35 AWD Journey.

The midpipe for G37 coupe is just a a little bit longer, but you can cut the main single pipe that connects to the Y-pipe and reweld it. The reason why I did this is the stock G37 coupe without cutting it will still fit on the stock EX35 muffer, the tips will just stick out about 1/2”-1” from the bumper. I wanted it flushed with my bumper so they cut the midpipe somewhere around 3/8” (I can’t remember), but the muffler shop will take care of it.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”