FX45, the hot set-up for Infinti?

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

From the specifications page:

Infiniti FX45 Key Specifications

Mechanical

Engine:4.5-liter V8 300-plus estimated horsepower300-plus estimated lb-ft torque

Transmission:5-speed automatic with manual shift modeAll-wheel drive with electronic torque demand

Suspension:4-wheel independent with multi-link rear

Braking:4-wheel vented discs, ABS, Brake Assist, EBD

Exterior Dimensions (inches)

Length 188.5Width 76.7Height 65.0Wheelbase 112.2 Fr/Rr Tread 62.7/65.0

Wheels and Tires

21-inch aluminum-alloy wheels285/50R21 performance tires with customized tread design

Wider track, shorter overall length,... maybe less or the same weight? It may carve corners if the Cg is not too high or the tread too much towards a mud-grabbing design. Probably a suburban wagon more than a Hummer challenger.

Dennis will love the wheel and tire combination! He won't be lifting many, though.

FX45 Specifications

Jberger

I really can't wait to see this machine in person and give it a test drive.

Looks like a 4.4 X5 with more room and much less $$$.

I really don't want to sacrifice handling for the ablity to tow (Jetski's not motorhomes) or throw something big in the back. Ideally infiniti would make something like an Audi AllRoad, they've already got a similar depreciation curve ;)

I've been prowling the net looking for detail, looks like the exterior design is 95% and the interior is the real sticking point prior to production. I'm wondering if they won't just drop the Q interior in the FX like they did on the M.

Can't wait!

Jason B

Look at the 2nd post here for great pictures:

http://forums.freshalloy.com/u...24288

maxnix
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

Click on the link in my post, and you'll see great shots including a very avant garde interior like nothing produced presently. The treads on protoype car look like nuevo rain slicks, definitely not for off road.

As far as towing, I don't think it is a truck with a seperate frame on which to bolt a platform hitch. Rather, I think it is based on the FM (G35) platform.

With a sedan body, this thing could really cook. As it is, they will sell a ton to wanna-go-fast soccer moms.

For 2003, the 6 speed G35 coupes and sedans, the M45, and I bet the FX45 will all out perform the Q45. I bet by 2005, we see a Q50. Maybe a V10. Few of us will be able to afford (or want to buy) it new.

Jberger

Brian, You link is taking me to the Q45 site.I've seen the interior of the show car, but I'm certain it won't make it to production (it was trimmed in brick colored leather).

Anyone seen mockups of the production interior?

maxnix
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

JBerger,

Yeah, it's a little arcane how they do the page.

Click on Products|Infiniti|Product Guide|FX45|then either Overview or At-A-Glance or Specifications.

On these pages you will see the photo link (Go to Photo Library) off to the left. The high resolution images will give you an incredibly detailed image if your monitor resolution can accomodate it.

Update: I fixed the link so it would go to the FX45 specifications table on their server.

Return to “Murano Forum”