Fun to drive

The web's first forum dedicated to Nissan's groundbreaking electric car, the Nissan Leaf.
xpumper
Car: 2011 Leaf

Let's get to the important stuff...this car is fun to drive. Great pick up, when the light turns green I'm through the intersection before the Lexus next to me finds first gear. And the batteries along the undercarriage create such a low center of gravity, that the car hugs the road better than my old Porsche did. It may not get far on the open highway, but my Leaf is a pleasure to tool around town.

300ZXttZMAN
Car: 1990 300zx Twin Turbo 5 spd pearl white.

My Daily: 2008 Frontier NISMO package, 4x4 Crew Cab.

Glad you like it!

BadQ45t
Car: 21' Leaf SL Plus (wife's car)
05' X-Terra S 4x4
97' Q45t SOLD! Miss the old girl
84 300ZX (Original Owner)
2016 Mercedes Benz S550e V8 Power and 35 MPG

Yup, I agree 100%. the open highway at 75 MPH burns the battery very quickly indeed....it is all about the commute :). I see you in Palo Alto, your lucky that there are lots of chargers in your area. I used the freebie one in Stanford Mall already, right across from the McDonald's in the parking structure.

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

xpumper wrote:Let's get to the important stuff...this car is fun to drive. Great pick up, when the light turns green I'm through the intersection before the Lexus next to me finds first gear. And the batteries along the undercarriage create such a low center of gravity, that the car hugs the road better than my old Porsche did. It may not get far on the open highway, but my Leaf is a pleasure to tool around town.
That's awesome, and I think that is the situation the Leaf is designed for, urban short trip stop-and-go traffic. If it were evaluated in that respect rather than unfairly knocking it for highway range etc. I think few would argue that this is a great vehicle. Great info, thanks!

aaronsteven

BadQ45t wrote:Yup, I agree 100%. the open highway at 75 MPH burns the battery very quickly indeed....it is all about the commute :). I see you in Palo Alto, your lucky that there are lots of chargers in your area. I used the freebie one in Stanford Mall already, right across from the McDonald's in the parking structure.
Me too! What would you say about 120MPH on highways! I am enjoying it thoroughly!Battery burns quickly but still I enjoy the speed.

BadQ45t
Car: 21' Leaf SL Plus (wife's car)
05' X-Terra S 4x4
97' Q45t SOLD! Miss the old girl
84 300ZX (Original Owner)
2016 Mercedes Benz S550e V8 Power and 35 MPG

Sorry it only goes 90 MPH, I have already had it maxed out :)

Return to “Leaf Forum”