"FULLY" disabling VDC

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
CarGuy87
Car: 350z, G37s, M35s

Hi folks,

I did a thorough search on this ahead of time and found no definitive information.

Background information:
It was proven by SOHO motorsports that (at least in the 350z) even with VDC switched off from the factory button the ECU is not giving full control of the car (ECU pulling timing, stability control partially on, among other things). There are two ways of disabling VDC: the cheap and easy way and the RIGHT way. The drifters at the local track will pull the "grey plug" (located next to the master cylinder) which is a harness plug that goes to the ABS. Disabling ABS will also fully disable VDC. The gauge cluster thus turns into a christmas tree. Now onto the RIGHT way. In the 350z platform, one cuts the orange wire going into the Yaw sensor module and wire it to a switch. The VDC OFF and SLIP lights turn on but ABS stays on.

In the M35/M45 clearly hitting the VDC button still doesn't give you 100% control of the car (can't do donuts/burnouts on my 08 m35s). So my question to the M35/M45 knowledge gurus and geeks is this:

How do we fully disable it on the Y50 cars?

Thanks in advance :cheers:

picoman
Car: 2006 M35X

If your car is automatic (you cant dump the clutch) and you cant burnout or do donuts, its likely a too much grip/too little power/open diff situation.

On my M35x, donuts and powerslides are uninhibited with a press of the VDC OFF button.

LIBRILZ
Car: 1990 Nissan 300zx
2007 M45 Sport

This is interesting, I've always wanted to know how to fully disable it as well

EniGmA1987
Car: '06 Infiniti M35 Sport

Even with VDC off,m it is still somewhat enabled. It wont let you go completely crazy.

The only way I have found of disabling it is to find an open area, get ready in the middle of it, and then with your foot ready to smash down on the pedal, get your right hand ready to whip the steering wheel over as fast as you can. Now when you are ready, hit the VDC off button and at the same time turn the steering wheel as fast as you can and smash on the gas pedal. You will crash the computer system and fully have all VDC off as well as a better performing car. This will make your dash "light up like a christmas tree" as you said but it isnt really an issue. It just that the computer isnt processing so everything lights up by default. The ECU must be pulling timing by default as well because the throttle seems much more responsive and power seems higher with a crashed computer.

When you restart the car everything will be back to normal and working fine. I have done this a few dozen times with no adverse affects in the 10 years I have owned the car.
Could you post links to a "hot-to" for adding a switch to the correct wire? I honestly havent even looked at true ways to disable VDC so this one seems interesting to me and ill probably do it on my car.

CarGuy87
Car: 350z, G37s, M35s

So I have not tackled this project on the M35 since it's my daily driver/cruiser/dog hauler but technically it's setup exactly like the Z. The (Bosch brand) Yaw sensor has a plug on it. One of the wires in this plug will supply the sensor its 12v input. The whole idea is to cut the power wire (as I have done in my 2006 350z--it's an orange wire) and extend both ends to a switch in a location of your choice. When you push it the VDC and SLIP lights are on but you have full control of the car.

To reply to picoman, I have tried tons of ways and I can't get it to slide or do a burn out. I can hit the VDC button OFF and then I can hold the brake while revving to up to 2500rpm and then carefully let out and it "kind of" burns out but you can tell the computer is interfering. It's less obtrusive than our 2013 G37s though. That thing does not let you do anything at all even with VDC off.

My M35 did not come to the swiveling ash tray door. A replacement part + the desire for the VDC fully off might be sufficient motivation to take apart the console and tackle this job!

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”