Forward emergency braking

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
tedc
Car: 2023 Nissan Rogue SV
2021 Nissan Sentra SV

Let me restate what I said for improved clarification...

They appear to be getting positive feedback from their customers using the latest update. Especially those reporting issues without the recent update. Sorry for any confusion.

tedc
Car: 2023 Nissan Rogue SV
2021 Nissan Sentra SV

After looking at the invoice, distance sensor assembly part number 28438-5FA3A was also replaced. So both a HW and SW update with re-calibration on my 2018 Rogue build in 3Q 2018.

KoiMaxx
Car: 2017 Rogue SL AWD

Interesting, I've received a CSI for my 2017 SL just today. The issues I was having wasn't as bad as others seem to be experiencing here, but I've had maybe 2 or 3 instances where the AEB activated when I approach the railroad crossing near my home. The tracks are slightly elevated from the road by around 1-2 feet; and what happens is if I'm above a certain speed, the AEB beeps on approach. The one time I was coming in pretty hot the brakes actually kicked in. I'll be booking an appointment asap, and will be reporting on hopefully similar results.

robparmar
Car: 2017 Nissan Rogue SL awd

Hi I bought a 2017 Rogue that had front end damage from hitting a deer I was told. It was repaired and I had no warning lights on dashboard for 2-3 months after I bought. But now the FEB light just flashes all the time. I called dealer and since I’m not original owner it’s outta of warranty for module replacement and it’s $2400.

Is there a way to disable the sensor? I was told it’s behind the front of grill.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Last edited by Rogue One on Thu May 09, 2019 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing thread

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Welcome to NICO. Your post had two completely different topics, so it has been split so they can be addressed properly. PRO TIP: Stay on topic when asking for help with a particular problem. In order to get the appropriate help for a particular problem it's best to create separate posts for different problems. Also please search the forum BEFORE posting as your problem (as in this case) may already have been discussed, and a solution provided.
robparmar wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 8:08 pm
Hi I bought a 2017 Rogue that had front end damage from hitting a deer I was told. It was repaired and I had no warning lights on dashboard for 2-3 months after I bought. But now the FEB light just flashes all the time. I called dealer and since I’m not original owner it’s outta of warranty for module replacement and it’s $2400.

Is there a way to disable the sensor? I was told it’s behind the front of grill.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Rogue One wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:10 pm
DTASFAB wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:36 am
Can this crap be disabled if I never want it to activate or beep or bother me or interfere with my weaving in and out of traffic?
Yes it can be turned off in the settings, but not permanently. The system will reset to ON once you turn the engine off.
Disabling or removing a faulty sensor won't help you, as the system will still warn you that it's not working. As previously stated, the Forward Emergency Braking system cannot be permanently turned off. It is possible that by removing the fuse that might do the trick, but without know exactly what's tied into it you may create more problems then you solve.

AFAIK, KIA is the only brand that does not transfer its warranty when the vehicle changes owners. The warranty on a 2017 Nissan is 3 yr/36,000 mi basic, 5 yr/60,000 mi powertrain, so it may simply have expired. If you purchased the car from a private seller, you're SOL. If you purchased it from a car lot, then unless it was sold AS IS it should have some basic warranty. Were you offered an extended warranty and/or did you purchase one?

Return to “Rogue Forum”