Forward emergency braking

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

Gradofan wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:21 pm
As I posted in another thread here re: FEB.

We have the 2017.5 SL with all the upgrades (Premium / Platinum) and you are correct - THE FEB SYSTEM DOES NOT WORK AS ADVERTISED, OR PRESENTED IN THE MANUALS - which clearly show the vehicle warning you about 4 car lengths ahead of impact, gentle braking 3 car lengths ahead of impact and stopping you about 1/2 car length ahead of impact with the object in front of you.

There is no misunderstanding - it simply doesn't work as advertised and represented by Nissan.

This one is going to lead to some large class action suits!
Do us a huge favor and you sue Nissan and report back to us on how that went! If it doesn't work as advertised, then why did you buy it in the first place?

Irastoller
Car: 2017 Rogue Sport SL

I have a 2017 Rogue Sport SL Forward Emergency braking is stopping the car with nothing in front of me. I was stopped on RR tracks yesterday. This is dangerous

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

LOL this entire thread. I would be disconnecting that system so fast it's not funny...............

XS222
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue SV

Irastoller wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:18 pm
I have a 2017 Rogue Sport SL Forward Emergency braking is stopping the car with nothing in front of me. I was stopped on RR tracks yesterday. This is dangerous
I have a 2018 Rogue SV and something similar happened to me. I was driving over a small bridge that runs over train tracks, and the FEB came on. Luckily we didn't get fully stopped and luckily no one was behind us, but it's extremely alarming that the system can activate under false-positives.

There's already been 2 complaints documented on the NHTSA site for this same problem
https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2018/NISS ... -rollover

datechboss101

XS222 wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:47 am
Irastoller wrote:
I have a 2018 Rogue SV and something similar happened to me. I was driving over a small bridge that runs over train tracks, and the FEB came on. Luckily we didn't get fully stopped and luckily no one was behind us, but it's extremely alarming that the system can activate under false-positives.

There's already been 2 complaints documented on the NHTSA site for this same problem
At least unintended braking is better and also safer than unintended acceleration *cough cough, TOYOTA*

XS222
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue SV

datechboss101 wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:04 am
XS222 wrote:

At least unintended braking is better and also safer than unintended acceleration *cough cough, TOYOTA*
can't argue with you there :chuckle: , but at least you can throw it into neutral and control where the car's pointed.

i can't do much about the guy following me that is going to find his way into my trunk :frown:

prj
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue. 2004 Nissan Titan

datechboss101 wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:04 am
That was fabricated by our government during the economic crash because Toyota was and still is selling kick a** cars, while Ford, GM and Chrysler were (and still are) selling crap vehicles.

kboo74
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Premium Pkg (Former)
2017.5 Nissan Murano SL Tech Pkg) (Former)
2019 Acura RDX A-Spec with Tech Pkg Performance Red

For everyone here I Have a 2017.5 Murano with FEB and it WORKS AS ADVERTISED!! I TOOK THE TIME THE RTFM and watch the videos on the Nissan Owners Portal site and both say the same thing. The system applies ADDITIONAL BRAKING POWER in addition to what you are applying once you start braking after not PAYING ATTENTION TO THE CAR IF FRONT OF YOU. I get at least 2 to 3 activations everyday to and from work with the bad drivers here in VA braking hard and fast. This BS with not working as advetised is because you did not do your homework before buying. Salesman are idiots that just want your money. Stop crying and if you don’t like it, trade it and ride a bike or walk! Mine evens detects when the car that is 2 ahead of me suddenly slows downs and I get the warnings when that happens and if I don’t start braking when it warns me it starts applying the brakes until I get my act together and I start pressing the brake.

Ken

amc49
'17 Nissan Altima

' I get at least 2 to 3 activations everyday...'

So now you follow too close depending on the system to save you??? That's what that screams to me at least...........

kboo74

I don’t follow to close, people here will cut in at every chance they get first off. Second I don’t depend on the system to save me. I depend on my driving abilities and paying attention to my surroundings to keep me safe. I bought the car for its comfort and look, the safety tech was way down on the list when it came to buying my car. I grew up in an age where we were not reliant on tech to save us and I have had one minor accident 15 years ago which was not even my fault. So go shove it with your comment. Maybe you should go read the entire post again very slowly to understand it. If you want I can use a bigger font for you.

Ken

amc49
'17 Nissan Altima

Why would I need to reread it? Your post was clear enough. Uh, I had the reading comprehension of a college grad when I was in the 7th grade thank you. You let me know when you can keep 4 cars running at all times for 40 years and NEVER take one to be repaired EVER by a dealer or anybody else you care to name..........I do 100% of that. Owner manuals are a waste of time, I eat 1000 page service manuals for breakfast. I need no warranties, the warranty is ME.

You know what? I WILL reread it. How about these???

'...if I don’t start braking when it warns me...' VS. 'I don’t depend on the system to save me.' WTF??????????

'...until I get my act together...' VS. 'I depend on my driving abilities and paying attention to my surroundings to keep me safe.' ???????????

You are NOT making yourself look any smarter there.

kboo74

Wow you can keep some cars running. Someone give give him a sticker and a hug! I am smart enough to that the FEB system does work as advertised. So this BS about it or working is is just a load of crap. I’m done replying to you unless you want meet face to face to settle it. BYE.

datechboss101

kboo74 wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:13 am
Wow you can keep some cars running. Someone give give him a sticker and a hug! I am smart enough to that the FEB system does work as advertised. So this BS about it or working is is just a load of crap. I’m done replying to you unless you want meet face to face to settle it. BYE.
Ken, you better take the dang advice from the wise man! TBH what the hell did you drive when you got your first car? Pretty sure it didn't had this BS and I am pretty sure cell phones were expensive at that time. Ya gotta realize, that people these days are Lazy AF!

Also, if the FEB does work as advertise, good for you! However, this is the Rogue's that has the issue, not the Murano. And face to face is never a great option to settle things down, if things started to escalate on the forums.
EDIT: *Read one of your previous post, but my point should be the same regardless*
amc49 wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:28 am
Why would I need to reread it? Your post was clear enough. Uh, I had the reading comprehension of a college grad when I was in the 7th grade thank you. You let me know when you can keep 4 cars running at all times for 40 years and NEVER take one to be repaired EVER by a dealer or anybody else you care to name..........I do 100% of that. Owner manuals are a waste of time, I eat 1000 page service manuals for breakfast. I need no warranties, the warranty is ME.

You know what? I WILL reread it. How about these???

'...if I don’t start braking when it warns me...' VS. 'I don’t depend on the system to save me.' WTF??????????

'...until I get my act together...' VS. 'I depend on my driving abilities and paying attention to my surroundings to keep me safe.' ???????????

You are NOT making yourself look any smarter there.
Dude, I'd hire you to be my mechanic! There is no need to have good driving abilities, since its the dang laziness that people have these days and the amount of distraction is higher than ever.

amc49
'17 Nissan Altima

They do what they will do and why so many of the cars are in the scrapyards to take parts from.

kboo74

My first vehicle was a Ford Taurus 94 and my last vehicle was 15 Rogue SL AWD. No FEB. Even though the issue is with current Rogue and I have a Murano, they are pretty much the same system and behave the same way. Respectfully you can keep your advice. The point is I doubt Nissan would have a system that just dosen’t work on their vehicles to invite potential law suits. It works. Now I’m done with this. Move on.

Ken

macgiver

mac,it can be tested any time you drive through a bad neihborhood and someone jumps in front of your car - it STOPS - you now got a gun in your face & carjacked :lolling: System WORKS! :yesnod

DTASFAB

This gray area between traditional human-driven vehicles and fully autonomous self-driving vehicles is going to be brief in the big scheme of things, maybe 10-20 years. But it's going to introduce a lot of unnecessary problems with more unintended consequences than anyone could have imagined or is prepared to handle. A lot of people are going to have their lives ended due to problems with the technology, and a lot of others are going to have their lives changes for the worse. A few people might have their lives improved, but considering the collective cost, that hardly can be used as justification for the insanity of building cars that rely on the driver 80-90% of the time and have a mind of their own the other 10-20% of the time. The profits of multinational corporations should not be the deciding factor in determining whether that tradeoff is beneficial overall to society at large. Anyone who promotes this technology should be ashamed.

prj
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue. 2004 Nissan Titan

datechboss101 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:27 am

Do us a huge favor and you sue Nissan and report back to us on how that went! If it doesn't work as advertised, then why did you buy it in the first place?
I sued Nissan back in 2005. They paid me $7000 for their crap truck I bought.

MultipleNissans
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue SL

Senior citizen here seeking advise / feedback.
About to move from a 16 Rogue SV (with many extras)
to an 18 SL Platinum with Pro Pilot Assist.
Will the Pro Pilot Assist resolve the issue of the vehicle
not stopping in an emergency ?
Thanks in advance....

Frzninvt
Car: 2021 AWD Rogue SL w/Premium Package
Champagne Silver

No Pro pilot is part of the cruise control system but I have not had any issues with the 2016 Rogue SL I just turned in or the 2018 SL that I just bought.

MultipleNissans
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue SL

Kindly forgive me for this question - I searched but find an answer.

Question is simple & perhaps dumb.....it's related to the "order of replies" in a post.

When I look at a post (thread?) I see the oldest first - sometimes going back to 2017...

Then I have to scroll thru multiple pages to get the most current response.

Is this a matter of a "setting" that I'm missing or is it just the way it is structured ?

IF it's a setting can someone kindly assist with a "how to" change...

Thanks

crackon4488

kboo74 wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:13 am
I just bought a 2018 Rogue SL Pro Pilot and I can say with certainty that it (FEB) definitely does not work as advertised.I even got the service manager to come for a drive and he could not get any reaction out of it either.Then we took a 2019 out for a drive and it would not react either.One test was to close quickly on a vehicle from behind as it was exiting right onto another lane,we got about 5-10 feet from its left corner area and the feb did not warn or anything.I have just decided to live with it as everything else works well....

kboo74

Leave me out of this FEB mess please. I no longer own a Nissan and I have moved up and over to a 2019 Acura RDX after my Moonroof randomly shattered on my 17.5 Murano while driving to work. I stand by my previous statements and this is my last comment on this forum. Bye

crackon4488

kellybrown wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:17 pm
2017.5 Nissan Rogue sv midnight Edition
With forward emergency braking
I like the car but I don't understand
How they can call it forward emergency braking if it can't brake
And the warning beep is too late to avoid a accident am I missing something?
No..I have a 2018 SL Pro-Pilot with less then 3k on it and the FEB does nothing.I have confirmed this with the dealer and we even tested a 2019 and it did not hin either.Everything else works perfect so I decided to just let it go...

tedc
Car: 2023 Nissan Rogue SV
2021 Nissan Sentra SV

XS222 wrote:
Irastoller wrote:

<a class="vglnk" href="https://www.nhts ... span></a>
I have a 2018 Rogue SV and just received notice from Nissan that they have a software fix for the braking issues on rail road tracks and metal bridges. I have not experienced these issues on my 2018, but I will talk to the service shop about having this installed. Not sure if this applies to other years.

howie411
Car: 2018 Rogue Hybrid

FYI at my first maintenance 4 months ago I mentioned the TSB on the FE Breaking System, they reprogrammed it (or whatever they needed to do). At least 3 times since then the Forward Collision warning light would come on the dash and stay on. When I had it in for my tire rotation / oil change last week I mentioned it.

This is what the Notes say:

Customer States intermittently the Forward Collision Light Will come on. - Check and Advise

Tech Found Radar Sensor Code Stored
Tech Removed Replaced and Recalibrated Radar Sensor for Correction

Benjumin
Car: 2001 Nissan Quest SE

2018 Nissan Rogue SL Platinum here.
1. FEB always work. It only works when the car thinks you do not have enough time to stop. Perhaps, you guys are driving safer than I do?
2. However, one time it hardly breaks the car and almost make me completely stop in the middle of a straight highway "with no reason and no car in front of me". Certainly can get me killed
3. Another incident is when my car is going on a relatively sharp left curve on a highway, the system thinks the car on my right is in front of me and apply break strongly. Also, almost got me killed

I think if Nissan makes the FEB more sensitive, they could make the car break in more occurances. However, in exchange, they will make the situation like my bullet points #2&3 worse. I would rather they keep the current settings until they have faster and better detection technology.

P.S. when i bought my car, FEB is turned off, please check yours if it has turned on

datechboss101

Benjumin wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:02 pm
2018 Nissan Rogue SL Platinum here.
1. FEB always work. It only works when the car thinks you do not have enough time to stop. Perhaps, you guys are driving safer than I do?
2. However, one time it hardly breaks the car and almost make me completely stop in the middle of a straight highway "with no reason and no car in front of me". Certainly can get me killed
3. Another incident is when my car is going on a relatively sharp left curve on a highway, the system thinks the car on my right is in front of me and apply break strongly. Also, almost got me killed

I think if Nissan makes the FEB more sensitive, they could make the car break in more occurances. However, in exchange, they will make the situation like my bullet points #2&3 worse. I would rather they keep the current settings until they have faster and better detection technology.

P.S. when i bought my car, FEB is turned off, please check yours if it has turned on
Your 2nd point--- Its better to have unintended breaking than unintended accelerations >>> Crappy Toyota and Lexus Motor Co.<<< (took them two years worth of recalls to fix the issue).

Your 3rd point-- Disable that feature when you are on curves. Last thing you want is to end up in the hospital.

tedc
2021 Nissan Sentra SV

Contacted Nissan Service today about recent "Customer Service Initiative" letter that I received about AEB (Automatic Emergency Braking) system issues. They asked me to set up an appointment so they can verify that all related hardware and software is at the latest levels. If not, they will update and/or replace parts as required. As stated above, I have not experienced any issues and want it to remain that way.

tedc
2021 Nissan Sentra SV

Service update...
My 2018 Rogue was in the service shop today and they updated the braking software to the latest level. They appear to be getting positive feedback from their customers, especially those having issues when using the latest update.

Return to “Rogue Forum”