Forest Air Scent Cartridge

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
King James
Car: 2011 M37s - Tech, Prem, Del, Aero kit

I've been searching for this and have found non-conclusive evidence for this but has anyone replaced or found the Forest Air Scent Catridge.

SmoovC
Car: '06 M45 Premium, Brakemotive, H-Techs, KYB's, USA-Spec PA15-INFI w/ BT streaming, Kuda cell mount, Magnaflow exhaust. (CAR SOLD)

Current: 2012 M56S, Harbour Blue, 4 pc Aero Kit

I would like to know this as well. The only info I found on it was here:

2011-w-forest-air-anyone-notice-it-working-t585210.html

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

King James wrote:I've been searching for this and have found non-conclusive evidence for this but has anyone replaced or found the Forest Air Scent Catridge.
Forest cabin air filter vs regular cabin filter

2011+ w/ Forest Air...anyone notice it working?

Intro + Forest Air

Infiniti forest air filter system

King James

I just called InfinitiUSA @ 1.800.662.6200, looks like the USA infiniti M wasnt equiped with it. There is nothing in their system that shows it, http://www.infinitipress.eu/Documents/P ... IONING.pdf this is the documentation that was in the previous post but if you pay attention to the ".eu" in the address that lets you know thats displaying a European link.

FAIL for Infiniti for not bringing this technology to the US, especially when its already developed and installed in the same models in another country. :bs:

SmoovC
Car: '06 M45 Premium, Brakemotive, H-Techs, KYB's, USA-Spec PA15-INFI w/ BT streaming, Kuda cell mount, Magnaflow exhaust. (CAR SOLD)

In post 5 of this thread:

post6551003.html

SteveTheTech states: "I too thought the Aroma was kind of a gimmick at first, but there is a canister and rubber tubing to the vents."

His profile indicates that he is in Virginia, so I am assuming the colleague he refers to in post #1 of the same thread owns a USA version M.

He never replied to my post in the thread, so we are left to guess...... :confused:

King James

Looking at these images, Top one coming from http://www.infinitipress.eu/Documents/P ... IONING.pdf which explains the Forest Air system and Aroma Components and the bottom one from a youtube video on how to change your Forrest air filter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONlbh_t2irs.

I appears to me that the system is already installed in the vehicle if equiped with forrest air, I cant wait to get off work and look in my own car to see if this is true. If someone beats me to it please post pic, ie, connection/power harness, possible cartridge connection, if hoses really are connected to the vents and other units. We should not be cut short from this feature this is 'Merica' we deserve the BEST out of our 60,000$ car. LOL I will be the first to have this up and running in the US if this is already in the vehicle. :thewave:

SmoovC

It would stand to reason for serviceability that both the cabin air filter and the aroma canister would be located in close to the same location.

I look forward to your findings; please keep us updated! :dblthumb:

King James

Ok just got home and investigated, the entire system there. Appears that cartridge snaps in place. Just need to get my hands on an aroma cartridge and figure out if there is a setting that we're missing in the A/C unit to control the flow. Pics coming soon. Anyone else wanna help me in this find? I know I'm not the only M user wanting to use all functions.

Mjkkb2
Car: 2018 QX60 AWD, 2011 M37S, 2011 Quest, 2001 I30t(sold)

Maybe slightly off topic. Anybody realize how difficult the cabin filter replacement procedure is???.? After watching the video and seeing how many pieces of the dash must be removed, unscrewed etc I am starting to wonder WTF were the designers thinking. Must be another case of helping the dealer make more $$$$$$. I just replaced the cabin filter in my 2011 quest and it didn't require any tools or removing anything. Just lifting one plastic panel, sliding the filter out and sliding the new one in in. Total job - less than 5 min.
Sorry, didn't mean to hijack.

Wangtang408
Car: 2006 M35

Here is a video on a DIY on a Forest Air Filter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONlbh_t2irs

King James

It's only 2 panels, 7 screws and the glove box comes out. You don't have to take that retractable cable off that the guy on the YouTube video did if I just take all the screws out before u try to remove the glove box. Did mine in under 10 mins. But back to the Forrest air issue at hand. Anyone interested in having some cartridges found and maybe shipped over.

SmoovC

I tried looking around on some eu parts sites to see if I could find anything listed as a part; no luck. I am very interested to see if this can work. :mike

King James

Aroma Air box where cartridge snaps into the hose coming from the left lets air come in that is regulated and the hose going up feeds the passenger side vent.

This is where the rubber hose is connected to the vent

This is the hose that is feeds the aroma cartridge and tells it when to release scent

entire unit shown

King James

Currently searching for the cartridges if someone else is interested HELP this would be an awesome feature and an amazing feat if we're able to get this working. it all on the car ready to work.

King James

FOUND IT!!! but so far they dont sell to the US, I contacted the company via Email awaiting response. :eekdance FINGERS CROSSED

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/chuw ... ikyk51043/

This also helped bring up websites containing this cartridge
フォレストエアコン. アロマテック
^^ only if I knew what it meant

BEST NEW SO FAR.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

King James wrote:FOUND IT!!! but so far they dont sell to the US, I contacted the company via Email awaiting response. :eekdance FINGERS CROSSED

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/chuw ... ikyk51043/

This also helped bring up websites containing this cartridge
フォレストエアコン. アロマテック
^^ only if I knew what it meant

BEST NEW SO FAR.
Excellent!
Google Translate/Japanese フォレストエアコン. アロマテック Forest air conditioning. Aroma Tech

SmoovC

King James: Thanks for all the pics, research, etc., great job!! I would be curious as to if they respond to your email and what they have to say. :dblthumb:

Wangtang408
Car: 2006 M35

How did the guy on the YouTube video got his cartridge if they don't sell in US?
He said he got his at the dealership, his licenses plate shows that he is from TX :werd:

King James

Wangtang408 wrote:How did the guy on the YouTube video got his cartridge if they don't sell in US?
He said he got his at the dealership, his licenses plate shows that he is from TX :werd:

The guy on YouTube replaced his filter which is available in any country, this post is for the hunt of the AROMA cartridges that emit 2 relaxing scents, that last a year. STAY TUNED and help

Mjkkb2

great detective work KJ! I am a bit skeptical whether you have the right part though. Here is why. If you read at the bottom of the 'rakuten' link there's a part number listed: 27456 - 1ME0A
it's being translated as a TOYOTA genuine part - weird.
Once you do a search for this part on infinitipartsusa.com you get a match for this part for $90+
http://www.infinitipartsusa.com/Infinit ... 1me0a-.htm - YAY CELEBRATE! not so fast.
If you do more research on EU sites you will find this part under ELECTRICAL parts with this diagram (from Russia):
http://www.infinitispares.ru/images/spa ... 3.0080.png don't get confused by the steering wheel being on the wrong side :biggrin:
So is it the right part or not? Could it be the assembly "box" that he cartridge plugs in? Quite possibly. I would love for you to request a picture of the cartridge from the people you contacted.
Nevertheless great work and please keep us posted.

King James

Mjkkb2 wrote:great detective work KJ! I am a bit skeptical whether you have the right part though. Here is why. If you read at the bottom of the 'rakuten' link there's a part number listed: 27456 - 1ME0A
it's being translated as a TOYOTA genuine part - weird.
Once you do a search for this part on infinitipartsusa.com you get a match for this part for $90+
http://www.infinitipartsusa.com/Infinit ... 1me0a-.htm - YAY CELEBRATE! not so fast.
If you do more research on EU sites you will find this part under ELECTRICAL parts with this diagram (from Russia):
http://www.infinitispares.ru/images/spa ... 3.0080.png don't get confused by the steering wheel being on the wrong side :biggrin:
So is it the right part or not? Could it be the assembly "box" that he cartridge plugs in? Quite possibly. I would love for you to request a picture of the cartridge from the people you contacted.
Nevertheless great work and please keep us posted.
Your Exactly right, I have been in contact with a local infiniti dealer here in TX and the guy is really helpful and is facinated by my finding. He has contacted Infiniti USA just like I did and has confirmed that p/n 27456 - 1ME0A doesnt fit the Infiniti M but does indeed fit the Nissan FUGA, our right hand drive sister. p/n 27490 - 1MA0A is call the Collector which is what the Aroma Cartridge plugs into and is also in my car (see above pics) the p/n is on it. I believe the p/n 27456 - 1ME0A is the correct cartriage and so much so I'm willing to take a 130$ gamble, I just ordered it in the name of "Science" (NICO Club M Forum), wish me luck. :ohno:

As far as what side the diagram is showing p/n 27490 - 1MA0A (collector) is on, I belive that to be a mistake and was never altered from the European models diagram and the dash pic was just flipped.

Mjkkb2

let us know when it comes. Does it come from Japan? How long before you get it?

King James

I was told it should be here as early as Friday, and it's shipping from Memphis. I willing to bet InfinitiUSA is prolly gonna have to get it from over seas which will slow progress. Or if they do have it in stock they didn't know what it was since the diagram shows it to be on the driver side so they have millions of them. Every time I put this item number in the search with Infiniti or Nissan behind it, it's shows up as Aroma Stick Assym, so I'm praying I've uncover a jewel.

SmoovC

I think you might be onto something here, KJ: ;)

Looks like some air tight packaging.... that tells me something! :)

King James

SmoovC wrote:I think you might be onto something here, KJ: ;)

Looks like some air tight packaging.... that tells me something! :)

oooohhhhhhh I'm all excited now NICE pic. :dblthumb:

King James

UPDATE

Ok so my part arrived today and I picked it up from Infiniti and went to install it. When I did a mock fitment of the cartriage I realized there was a gap that didnt allow a tight seal, so I took if off and reffered to the manual the catriage came with and on the back page it had a North American install section. Looks like Infiniti Doesnt come with the Aroma Diffuser so Infiniti was correct in saying it doesnt fit our vehicles. But not so fast, there is a dummy aroma diffuser box in the car with the pig tail to plug and play the difuser module to, so I ordered the part number associated with the difuser today. One of two things can happend

(A) The Aroma Difuser I ordered is the real deal electrical module we're all looking for completing the system
(B) I could be another plastic dummy box that will make us have to find it through a European Infiniti site.

My personal analysis:
·Finding the cartriage was far fetched but I found it, and infiniti didnt know it existed
·The Difuser is 58$ from the dealer and I'm assuming for that amount your NOT just buying another dummy at that price
·IM NOT GIVING UP

Mjkkb2

well, worst case you'd be out $200. Best case you get the complete Forest Air system benefits. I do believe it will be the latter, and that you'll be successful in achieving it. If you do, I will most likely get both of these parts for my M.
Cannot wait for your next update!

regards

aiham78
Car: 2011 Infiniti M37x

King James wrote:Image
"Stick Assy Aroma", why would anyone put that in the car? :biggrin:

Good luck in your hunt, plese keep us updated.

SmoovC

Awesome detective work, KJ. :mike Looking forward to the next chapter in the saga! :)

King James

Update:

Bad news looks like the project has encountered another speed bump, the part I ordered 27490-1MA0A Collector Assembly is just a dummy box just like what the US Infiniti's come with. :wtf2: This makes me sick, but still determined. options now,

A) find a european dealer that will located the part and part # and ship to the US
B) give up (Not an Option)

does anyone have a connection in a european country that could investigate or is there someone on the forum that can lend a hand.

One issue I forsee is that the collector will be reveresed, well atleast the connections for the HVAC and side vent will be on oposite sides since it will be for the right hand drive, unless there is a European country that has left hand drive vehicles like the US.

Im looking for help on this, so anything helpful is WELCOMED

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”