Forest Air Scent Cartridge

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

UK Infiniti forums are basically nonexistent. I managed to find two, but they really aren't active. You could try signing up with http://www.forum.clubnissan.co.uk/default.asp and ask for their assistance.

King James
Car: 2011 M37s - Tech, Prem, Del, Aero kit

GOOD NEWS

I didnt have to search long after figuring out that Infiniti USA or Nissan USA didnt carry the part. I dug a little deeper and found the correct part number 27457-1MA1A now its on to find someone to ship it from another country. :dblthumb: would anyone else like to purchase this with me one a vendor is found?

http://www.infinitispares.ru/elinf_spar ... 005_65535/

Click Link ^

The00Dustin
Car: 2006 M45

I think most european countries are left-hand drive like us. UK, Ireland, and the Bahamas are the only non-asian countries I am certain are right-hand drive. Furthermore, I am certain Germany, for instance, is left-hand drive. Hopefully you can find some luck if you can find a European dealer, but you may have to find an Asian or right-hand drive dealer unless there is some stupid regulatory reason this doesn't exist in the US that wouldn't apply to Europe (which seems unlikely, as European countries are better than California at banning things that are unhealthy for us, and climate control doesn't seem like something USDOT would be interested in).

EDIT: Missed that the thread already had another page. I've had some luck importing from Russia in the distant past (I have a watch that I and some music CDs, but I'm talking 10 years ago), but I'm not sure how much luck you'll have with the current political climate (Russian citizens are up in arms over sanctions, presumably because Russian media has them convinced they should be).

Mjkkb2
Car: 2018 QX60 AWD, 2011 M37S, 2011 Quest, 2001 I30t(sold)

It looks like the price on this Russian website is about $180+. That makes more sense that it wouldn't just be a dummy piece of plastic.
Probably would be more than $200 shipped. A bit risky if it turns out it doesn't fit...

King James

Mjkkb2 wrote:It looks like the price on this Russian website is about $180+. That makes more sense that it wouldn't just be a dummy piece of plastic.
Probably would be more than $200 shipped. A bit risky if it turns out it doesn't fit...
I would be willing to take the risk, knowing the reward if i can get in contact with a supplier and ask a few questions.

aiham78
Car: 2011 Infiniti M37x

King James wrote:
Mjkkb2 wrote:It looks like the price on this Russian website is about $180+. That makes more sense that it wouldn't just be a dummy piece of plastic.
I would be willing to take the risk, knowing the reward if i can get in contact with a supplier and ask a few questions.

I can call them and ask them the questions in Russian if the language is the obstacle, just let me know what are the questions. :cheers:

icog
Car: M37 GT Premium (EU)

Greatings from Europe! :biggrin:
I have the M37 GT with Forest air system and so far i was thinking that aroma thing is something included in the cabin filter. However, i do not remember smelling anything in my car - its 2011, 3 years old now - so last time i asked the dealer if there is something i have to do with that perfume thing.

They told me there is that module, which should be replaced from time to time (how long it lasts, is there a sensor or something saying when?!? - no idea) and the module only, without work costs like 150 EU - this is something like 180 USD. I think these are LOT of money for perfume, which will work for unknown duration:). What i can do for you is to open my already existing perfume module and make some pictures.

Do you still need them or you have found solution to your problems?

Best regards and i am sorry for my English quality.

King James

Awesome if you could take pictures and look for a part number on the unit. I'm assuming your a left hand drive? This is awesome, and I have money in hand if you can confirm and ship this to me.

icog

So, from what i see on your pictures, i have some differences:

1. The whole aroma box, front view:

2. This is the sticker on the top of the same box:

3. This is the box when i have removed the part with the aroma:

4. The aroma container itself, the white things inside still smells, 2 different aroma types. What i feel is a light smell, but very pleasant.

5. I have Aroma settings in my climate menu, do you also have it?

Something else i just remembered from my talk with the dealer, he told me the purpose of the aroma is not to provide much smell in the car, but just to fight with the bad smells.
Also, i had a M35 Hybrid for a 3 days test drive, it was on 13000 km, with Forest air and i swear it did not smell different then my car now.

And that aroma container it is filled with some paper, impregnated with parfum. You can just put some drops of your favorite parfume. I will NEVER give 150 EU for that:).

Have you remove the scotch from the box you have received? Does it smells?

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

icog wrote:Greatings from Europe! :biggrin:
I have the M37 GT with Forest air system and so far i was thinking that aroma thing is something included in the cabin filter. However, i do not remember smelling anything in my car - its 2011, 3 years old now - so last time i asked the dealer if there is something i have to do with that perfume thing.

They told me there is that module, which should be replaced from time to time (how long it lasts, is there a sensor or something saying when?!? - no idea) and the module only, without work costs like 150 EU - this is something like 180 USD. I think these are LOT of money for perfume, which will work for unknown duration:). What i can do for you is to open my already existing perfume module and make some pictures.

Do you still need them or you have found solution to your problems?

Best regards and i am sorry for my English quality.
Dobre doshal! Glad to have you aboard. When you get the opportunity, please posts some pictures. Oh, and don't worry about your "English quality", you'll fit in just fine with the rest of us.

icog

Blagodaria!

Do not you see the pictures from the post? They should be automatically uploaded from my dropbox. I see them fine, but if you do not i will upload them to some other hosting.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

Oops, my bad! You posted those pictures faster than I could type my message. They're showing just fine. Thanks for sharing!

King James

icog wrote:Blagodaria!

Do not you see the pictures from the post? They should be automatically uploaded from my dropbox. I see them fine, but if you do not i will upload them to some other hosting.

That is it the module with the F on it. I don't have settings in my menu but the defaults can be accessed through the consult III but maybe once I plug the unit in it will appear in the menu. My battery is low and I just got off work I'll be back on soon.

King James

Ok, can you get me a USD price for the part shipped to Houston TX 77069?

icog

Which part are you talking about? As far as i saw, the whole thing is different.

King James

I'm missing the part from picture 1 labeled. "F" minus the aroma cartridge in picture 4.
The electrical part that plugs up is what I need from picture 3.

icog

The dealer here asks ~180 USD only for the cartridge! I can imagine the whole thing will cost around 500. The shipping to USA will be not less then 50-60 USD.

And you are not sure it will work in your car, because you do not have the option in the car menu:)

Anyway i will call them tomorrow and tell you about the result.

King James

icog wrote:The dealer here asks ~180 USD only for the cartridge! I can imagine the whole thing will cost around 500. The shipping to USA will be not less then 50-60 USD.

And you are not sure it will work in your car, because you do not have the option in the car menu:)

Anyway i will call them tomorrow and tell you about the result.

Any update??

stm37s
Car: 2012 300 SRT8
2011 M37S
2006 Range Rover HSE (Wife's Ride)
2012 Camaro LS (Wife's Ride)
95 Impala SS (sold)
2004 Impala SS (sold)
2012 Hyundai Veloster (Daughters Ride)

King James you the man bruh, good work and keep us posted, failure is not an option uh?

Bondospecial
Car: 2011 Infiniti M37X
2000 BMW M5
1986 Porsche 928S
1999 Chevy C1500

Wow. I had read that the US market cars didn't get Forest Air with the scent cartridge like the rest of world models did, but I never looked into it further than that. I am another car nut who, if you get this working, would probably be crazy enough to retrofit it to my car too. Great work so far and thanks for looking into this!

King James

Bondospecial wrote:Wow. I had read that the US market cars didn't get Forest Air with the scent cartridge like the rest of world models did, but I never looked into it further than that. I am another car nut who, if you get this working, would probably be crazy enough to retrofit it to my car too. Great work so far and thanks for looking into this!
Yeah I'm ready to get this installed, still awaiting a response from ICOG for the price shipped to the US, hopefully he has good news for us when he returns
:poke: You got anything yet Icog??

Budje

Hi folks
I found this item on this website https://partsouq.com/en/search/search?q=274571MA1A
It's in the United Arab Emirates so I am not sure if they will send to the US.

When this is not possible I can ask my own Nissan dealer (I am from the Netherlands and driving a Nissan now). They said it will be no problem to order Infiniti-parts, I asked them earlier because maybe I will buy a M37 in the near future and was looking if they can service it.

King James

Can you get a picture of the item? That would be the only way I could confirm the item. I'm serious about getting this so your help would be greatly appreciated.

Budje

I asked my dealer to look it up if they are able to order it. Up now , the only picture I have is from that same website you already found.(http://www.infinitispares.ru/images/spa ... 3.0080.png)

This tuesday I have an appointment for a regular oil-service. If they are able to order this item I will make a screenshot from their order system and post it here then you can make a decision.

King James

27457 looks to be the correct part, if they will let you order it without paying to see if the part is correct that would be perfect, Ive ordered that part one time here in the states and when it came to the dealer it was still a dummy piece of plastic. I would want to make sure it was an electronic part with a plug in before I sent money. Let me know whats asap and thank you for the research :dblthumb:

Budje

Are you sure? In the previous posts you mentioned that you ordered 27490-1MA0A and that's a different number.
So the 27490-1MA0A is a dummy for US;
And 27457-1MA0A is the european/russian version.
wll, I think so :dblthumb:
King James wrote:Update:
Bad news looks like the project has encountered another speed bump, the part I ordered 27490-1MA0A Collector Assembly is just a dummy box just like what the US Infiniti's come with. :wtf2: This makes me sick, but still determined. options now,
Anyway I just got a call, the Nissan dealer cannot see parts in the Infiniti catalogue, so that will be more difficult. I will try to contact an Infiniti center, they are very rare around here, just two in the Netherlands and one in Belgium.

Will be continued :)

Budje

Those numbers! Grrrrrrr :)
Ok, not 27457-1MA0A, but I meant 27457-1MA1A
27490-1MA0A ->US (dummy)
27457-1MA1A ->europe/russia

I called Infiniti Netherlands, he was not able to find the item, and I will be called back on monday. Hope that will be the case ;)

King James

Thanks for the determination, I'm losing hope in getting this item. SOMEONE give me some good news :confused:

Budje

I just called again...

Yep it's very expensive. He told me the 27457-1MA1A is a whopping 285 euro ex taxes
Incl taxes that will be 344 euro
Incl delivery to me I think that's 350 euro.
Postage to the US is 26 euro (incl 500€ insurance)
Total 376 euro
Total in dollars 511 (current rate 1,36)

Well that's a LOT

King James

If you can get me confirmation that it is electronic, picture would be ideal, I'll send paypal.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”