Forest Air Scent Cartridge

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
Hondawes
Car: 2011 M37s

King James wrote:The cartridge I was able to get right here in the US, NISSAN USA has TONS of them they said but they didn't have any idea why they had them. It's the sending unit they don't have and its hard as F*** to get over here we need a person in Japan to source it and send one. It's a bit discouraging

Do you have the Japanese part number? My cousin lives in Yokohama and I may be able to see if she can source it

Seubertm37x
Car: 2012 Infiniti m37x
Storm front grey

Bringing up a dead topic because I have found the illusive aroma diffuser part #27457. I found it on eBay used but tested and in working condition, paired with the cartridge from a guy in Russia. Should b here by the end of the month, I will post again once I receive the part and let everyone know if anything comes up on our screens once the diffuser is plugged in. Also If anyone is interested I can message the seller on eBay and see if they can source anymore diffusers, however lets make sure this checks out first.

Debonair
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56

Very cool. :dblthumb:

MpamP
Car: 2011 m56s

i am interested :)

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Keep it goin, sir!

hemachayart
Car: 2012 M56 sport tech

Just got aroma unit from JP P/N 27457-1ME1A came w/aroma cartridge B7DEF-1ME0A but haven't installed yet.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Someone please do a HowTo on this.

Malbec 56 Beast
Car: 2013 Infiniti M66xS Totaled 4/11/20
What's next???
2010 Subaru Legacy
1983 Porsche 928 S Euro (Sold) 2/17/20

It appears to me that Infiniti wants nothing to do with this system, spoke to my infiniti dealer and they said they sell a bottle that you pour the contents into via the outside air intake for the fresh air (non circulatory air). WTF.

Makes no sense!

Andy

ajab
Car: 2011 M37X

I replaced mine. I purchased it an my local Infiniti dealer. You have to specify if you want the scented grape polyphenol filter otherwise they may just give you the standard filter.

Malbec 56 Beast
What's next???
2010 Subaru Legacy

I know about the special grape filter.

So is this system just the replacement of the cabin filter? I thought it was way more involved than just the filter.

The dealer didn't seem to know much, I'll hit them up again when I get my oil my oil changed in a couple months.

ssmrico
Car: 2011 Infiniti M37S

did all m37 come with it or no? to find out have to dig into the car or is there a easier faster way?

M37xfan
Car: Traded in 2012 Infiniti M37x

Malbec 56 Beast wrote:It appears to me that Infiniti wants nothing to do with this system, spoke to my infiniti dealer and they said they sell a bottle that you pour the contents into via the outside air intake for the fresh air (non circulatory air). WTF.

Makes no sense!

Andy
It appears Infiniti has gotten rid of the forest air system all together in the US. What a shame, I actually like the way the system works

Malbec 56 Beast
What's next???
2010 Subaru Legacy

Not sure about the M37's having it or not. If you do there is a button on the top row that has a couple of trees with "wind" blowing through them.

Andy

DubXSY51
Car: 2013 Infiniti M37X S (Y51), former owner of 2006 M35 (Y50)with tech package, 2002 Maxima, 2000 Maxima

2011-2013 Technology package equipped m37's had an option to add Forrest Air Scent, the 2013 M37XS and M37S (sport models) did not give you this option as far as I know.

wbarrett48473
Car: 95' 240sx, 12' M56

I know this is a long dead post but figured this might help someone out or help peak some interest.

I found the below searching on Yahoo auction Japan via Buyee (Essentially allows people in the states buy items from Japan to be shipped over here) and found part number 27457-1ME1A . Not sure if this will work with Left hand drive cars but if someone wants to purchase it ($23 not including shipping and fees) at LINK maybe we will know for sure if it can be made to work in our North American cars.

Pics for reference -

Finflaps
Car: 2011 M56

wbarrett48473 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:59 am
I know this is a long dead post but figured this might help someone out or help peak some interest.

I found the below searching on Yahoo auction Japan via Buyee (Essentially allows people in the states buy items from Japan to be shipped over here) and found part number 27457-1ME1A . Not sure if this will work with Left hand drive cars but if someone wants to purchase it ($23 not including shipping and fees) at LINK maybe we will know for sure if it can be made to work in our North American cars.

Pics for reference -

Good eye man!!

C6Joe1957
Car: 2012 M56 Sport
2008 G37 Journey Sport

So, another nine months have passed and I was still wondering if anyone was able to successfully locate the Aroma unit (27457-1MA1A) and a Aroma Stick (B7DEF-1ME0A), install them on their "M" and if so did it work or can you give us some feedback either way?

Recently, I inquired on eBay about a new Aroma Unit for sell from the UAE that cost $185.30 (comes with aroma stick) + $41.10 shipping. The seller asked for my VIN to verify fitment and here was their response later.

Hello, Joe,
Thank you for the information!
According to original parts catalog data, your vehicle VIN JN1AY1AP4CM530020 is not equipped with aroma unit. There is ambient air quality sensor P/N 27490-1MA0A installed instead.
So we don't confirm compatibility of P/N 27457-1MA1A. By the way, it is supplied with aroma stick.

Best regards,
Maria

From what I can see in the parts manual, the "Air Quality Sensor" is located on the left side/drivers footwell behind the knee panel. Has anyone been able to verify that since the USA M's come with an Air Quality Sensor, can an Aroma Unit be added and used in conjunction with the Air Quality Sensor and does it work with or without being added or turn on by a NISSAN CONSULT?

Would really like to add this since my car has the Forest Air system button installed. :chuckle:

C6Joe1957
2008 G37 Journey Sport

Okay, I received an Aroma Unit (27457-1ME1A) that I bought last weekend from Japan's eBay called "Buyee" yesterday. It cost $53.91 + $48.55 for shipping. I brand new unit from the UAE would have cost more ($225) and came with an aroma stick, but I decided to go cheap. BTW, the aroma stick smells like a mix of pine and eucalyptus trees.

So, I installed it this morning and discovered that even though there is a “dummy” unit behind the glove box you need that! Because US sold cars vs Asian cars have steering wheels opposite of each other of course, they also have most of the accessories likewise mirrored. The dummy unit mounts to the blower housing with a 2-screw tab located on the left side of it. The one I got from Japan has the mounting tab on the right side of it.

When I compared the dummy from my car to the complete unit from Japan, I realized that I could swap out all the components to the dummy and it would remount properly onto the blower housing.

Dummy on my car on the left:

Dummy on top:

Remove the 2 screws on top of the Japan unit and transfer the working components to the dummy unit.

To remove the actuator arms, use a small pick and pry out the small clip gently and the arm will slide off. Then you can pull out the flappers from the opposite side.

Once you have everything transferred the dummy, just mount it back on, plug in the hoses and the wiring harness connector that is there. And Walla!

It took me about 1-hour from start to finish and was really easy to do. I called 3 Infiniti dealerships to speak to a service technician to ask if they knew anything about the Aroma Unit. I was "allowed" to talk to just 1 out of the 3 but they told me they were not familiar with the unit and thought that it might need to be added the the PCM to recognize it but wasn't sure. I'm taking my car in soon to have the propeller shaft recall and transmission TCM updated for the quirky stuff it does. I'm going to talk to the tech about the unit and ask them to add it, if needed to the system.
Last edited by C6Joe1957 on Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

C6Joe1957
2008 G37 Journey Sport

Ilya wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:53 am
Someone please do a HowTo on this.
There you go!

C6Joe1957
2008 G37 Journey Sport

Here's a cheaper Aroma Unit from eBay-UK. https://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-INFINITI- ... SwnhldRBsl

EdBwoy

Congratulations on pulling it off AND documenting your progress.

Respect to all those who have been involved along the way to research parts and provide compatibility info to facilitate this step.

It's taking me longer than I wished, but I am trying to get a Consult tool substitute to play with and access all these hidden menus.
If you make your move before I do, could you see if the technician can tell you what menu they found it under? I'll contribute towards buying lunch for him/her.

C6Joe1957
2008 G37 Journey Sport

EdBwoy wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:19 am
It's taking me longer than I wished, but I am trying to get a Consult tool substitute to play with and access all these hidden menus.
If you make your move before I do, could you see if the technician can tell you what menu they found it under? I'll contribute towards buying lunch for him/her.
No problem! One of the stealer-ships I called yesterday is the one that is going to swap out the rear propeller shaft section when it arrives. I talked to the parts guy there about the aroma unit and he said he was going to talk to their master-tech about it and get back to me with what he found out. So maybe I'll have some info soon but if I have to wait until my appointment, I'll be sure to do whatever I can to get the info you need too.

I have the forest air option on my HVAC system and after the installation, I'm not seeing anything different when I push the climate button then check the forest air settings or info in the following photos.

I didn't drive the car yesterday but I'm going on a drive today to see if I can smell the pine and eucalyptus trees inside the cabin. I'll report back if I detected anything different or not from before the aroma unit was installed.

C6Joe1957
2008 G37 Journey Sport

Driving today with the Forest Air monitor screen on, this animation popped up out of the blue. I'm thinking this is the Forest Air/PlasmaCluster illustration, I looked at the owners manual and there are not any illustration of this in the Forest Air section page 4-42. So I'm wondering, did the Aroma Unit get recognized by the ECM and is now monitoring it? Let me know what you think. https://youtu.be/19APYOwCRus

And by the way, I didn't really notice a change in cabin odor per se. But then again, the hose leading out of the aroma unit connects only with the front passengers dash vent.

EdBwoy

That is the breeze mode animation.

C6Joe1957
2008 G37 Journey Sport

Ed, I guess I should've viewed all of your YouTube videos. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7AJORhNm1Q :rotfl

Thank you!

EdBwoy

C6Joe1957 wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:02 am
Ed, I guess I should've viewed all of your YouTube videos. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7AJORhNm1Q :rotfl

Thank you!
Well, I don't blame you. That was a movie! I hope whatever it lacks in picture quality, is made up for in content.

I've been meaning to make a shorter video on the matter, but it feels like those times my instructors wanted me to take a semester's worth of research that has been neatly laid into a 20-page report, and to further condense it into a single page. It might take a while.

Plus, I obviously overestimated the level of interest people had/would have on the subject.

C6Joe1957
2008 G37 Journey Sport

EdBwoy wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:42 am
Well, I don't blame you. That was a movie! I hope whatever it lacks in picture quality, is made up for in content.

I've been meaning to make a shorter video on the matter, but it feels like those times my instructors wanted me to take a semester's worth of research that has been neatly laid into a 20-page report, and to further condense it into a single page. It might take a while.

Plus, I obviously overestimated the level of interest people had/would have on the subject.
Funny that you just commented on this thread. Yesterday after running some errands, when I pull into my garage and was about to exit the car, I could smell something new that I didn't recognize initially. I leaned over to the front passenger side and it was a bit stronger. So I got out of the car and went to my workbench were the aroma unit shell that I used from Japan was sitting. I smelled the side of the unit that the aroma stick was attached to, and it was identical to what I just smelled in the car. BTW, the HVAC system was both on Auto and Forest Air.

I hope it wasn't my wishful thinking or imagination but I've always had a very good sense of smell (not always a great benefit). With that being said, do you think it's possible the Aroma Unit is functioning without the PCM being told that it now exist on my car?

EdBwoy

C6Joe1957 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:33 am
[..., do you think it's possible the Aroma Unit is functioning without the PCM being told that it now exist on my car?
Based on your shared experience, I don't have any reason to doubt that it would work just by plugging it in, but I like to understand how stuff works.

Maybe it just happens behind the scenes and it shares the same commands that go to the ionizer?

I am thinking of it like a domelight bulb in some cars. Whether a receptacle has a bulb or not, the BCM has already sent it's signal and doesn't bother to get any feedback whether all the bulbs are on or not. Even if you remove the bulb, the rest of the system still works as designed.

A circuit tester might be able to answer that question, but I'll try to comb through the manual again.

C6Joe1957
2008 G37 Journey Sport

EdBwoy wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:17 pm
Maybe it just happens behind the scenes and it shares the same commands that go to the ionizer?

I am thinking of it like a domelight bulb in some cars. Whether a receptacle has a bulb or not, the BCM has already sent it's signal and doesn't bother to get any feedback whether all the bulbs are on or not. Even if you remove the bulb, the rest of the system still works as designed.

A circuit tester might be able to answer that question, but I'll try to comb through the manual again.
Well as luck will have it later today as I stated earlier, I'm going to remove the blower, clean the box out (thanks VStar650CL) and check the blower function as you suggested. While I'm there I'll check the connector to the Aroma Unit with the system off and on to see if there's any signal/voltage coming from it.

hemachayart
Car: 2012 M56 sport tech

I'm sure it has to config in CONSULT device.
Perform "AROMA DIFFUSER SETTING"."WITHOUT" or "WITH".
Just went to dealer in Vannuys and asked them to enable it, fk'n tech tell me to just turn FORREST "on". They didn't enable it.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”