Forest Air Scent Cartridge

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
Budje

I asked him if he could mail me a picture of it, but he could not see it in hys system. So thats a risk.

I think tomorrow I will also call Infiniti Belgium, okay? Maybe they are cheaper and/or are able to tell me some about the item just to be on the safe side.

King James
Car: 2011 M37s - Tech, Prem, Del, Aero kit

AWESOME :dblthumb:

Budje

No sales manager present, will try again tomorrow.

Another question King James what I was wondering, do you have the cable which is needed to connect this assembly?

King James

Yes there is a plug connector wrapped up and tucked away right where the unit should be installed

Budje

Just called Infiniti Belgium. The part can be ordered for exactly the same price.
It's NOT on stock, he said he never had this part before. So when ordering he must be sure that I want to buy it.

For a picture of the item, he needs a chassisnumber... I said to him that giving a US chassisnumber pretty sure will not give us the correct part in his catalogue, but we can try that? If you want to, PM me the chassisnumber. I think it's best to try it anyway.

He gave me his email address for further correspondence/ and for eventually definitely ordering the item.

curriemart
Car: infiniti m30d

I took my aroma cartridge out of the car a few days ago. It is a sealed plastic box with 4 holes which allow the air in and out.
I took a sharp knife to the edge of the box and managed to cut the top off.
Inside are 2 paper sachets (similar shape, but slightly smaller,than tea bags); these 'sachets' contain a number of polystyrene balls which are obviously impregnated at the factory with the appropriate aromas. There is nothing else inside the cartridge!
I would imagine that the total cost of production of this cartridge would be no more than 50 pence (or 50c US approx) and for Nissan to charge what the do is daylight robbery!
Anyway, I soaked the polystyrene balls with some household perfume stuff and resealed the cartridge with some sticky tape - (you could glue the edges for a permanent repair) - job done!

stm37s
Car: 2012 300 SRT8
2011 M37S
2006 Range Rover HSE (Wife's Ride)
2012 Camaro LS (Wife's Ride)
95 Impala SS (sold)
2004 Impala SS (sold)
2012 Hyundai Veloster (Daughters Ride)

That is a good idea brother, good looking out

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

curriemart wrote:I took my aroma cartridge out of the car a few days ago. It is a sealed plastic box with 4 holes which allow the air in and out.
I took a sharp knife to the edge of the box and managed to cut the top off.
Inside are 2 paper sachets (similar shape, but slightly smaller,than tea bags); these 'sachets' contain a number of polystyrene balls which are obviously impregnated at the factory with the appropriate aromas. There is nothing else inside the cartridge!
I would imagine that the total cost of production of this cartridge would be no more than 50 pence (or 50c US approx) and for Nissan to charge what the do is daylight robbery!
Anyway, I soaked the polystyrene balls with some household perfume stuff and resealed the cartridge with some sticky tape - (you could glue the edges for a permanent repair) - job done!
Brilliant idea, mate!
One sachet can be soaked in 'leather' scent from Griot's Garage or Chemical Brothers and the other can be soaked in 'new car' from those same companies. Their scents are the most realistic that I've found. I soak terry cloth applicator pads - one with each scent. The 'leather' pad is under my seat and the 'new car' pad is under the passenger seat. They wok great without being too noticeable or overbearing.

xfalax
Car: M35H 2011

Hi, thanks for the help with photos and reference parts. Here is the manual that buy a few months ago ... more than 5000 pages.

Thank you all for this help forum.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8y7pckymil4w7 ... 20M35h.rar

Budje

Thanks!

Propa Teknique
Car: 2012 Nissan Maxima SV Premium

I think that if this can be done w/ or w/o the actual aroma canister this would be excellent! We would no longer have to decorate our cars with Febreze strips and scented paper trees hanging from our rearview. It would probably be less expensive in the long run as well. Great idea about scenting the packets with your own perfumes!

xfalax

My car is almost 3 years, when the system becomes operational fragrance the sound it makes is distinguished (it seems that air vents are blocked and then opened expelling the smell) when working. Actually I need a replacement cartridge and do not see where to purchase in Spain.

Propa Teknique

xfalax wrote:My car is almost 3 years, when the system becomes operational fragrance the sound it makes is distinguished (it seems that air vents are blocked and then opened expelling the smell) when working. Actually I need a replacement cartridge and do not see where to purchase in Spain.
X, your car already had an air scent cartridge and works fine? What kind of sound does it make?

xfalax

Since I buy running smoothly in M35h, does not smell as the first day and thus search parts. The sound before ejecting the aroma, is like if I stopped for a moment to take air from the vents open and then comes the puff air with fragrance.
Join more operational in summer .......... in the manual attached for download can search and infiniti dealer can regulate the frequency, do not speak or understand English very well but I seemed to understand that.
Another thing I like is the automatic shut off outside air when there are bad odors pollution, fumes .... indoor car parks and tunnels.

curriemart

Just another thought- someone mentioned a car air freshener 'tree' - I think I'll try a 'scented tree' within the aroma diffuser. I think there should be enough space within each compartment of the diffuser for a folded up 'tree' with the appropriate smell.
As the air is only blown through the diffuser occasionally by the system the 'tree' should last a fair amount of time.
I've got the removal (and refitting) of the diffuser down to less than 10 minutes so it is something that can be changed easily enough quite regularly.

Propa Teknique

curriemart wrote:Just another thought- someone mentioned a car air freshener 'tree' - I think I'll try a 'scented tree' within the aroma diffuser. I think there should be enough space within each compartment of the diffuser for a folded up 'tree' with the appropriate smell.
As the air is only blown through the diffuser occasionally by the system the 'tree' should last a fair amount of time.
I've got the removal (and refitting) of the diffuser down to less than 10 minutes so it is something that can be changed easily enough quite regularly.
That would be a great idea! Let us know how it goes. I was also thinking that you could get scented oil and use one of those thick fabric wicks that you stick in a bottle of oil and place that in there. I'm sure the smell would be great but now that I think about it it might be a bit overpowering.

King James

This is AWESOME to have people with working systems who can possibly help us US folks out. We are looking for a left hand drive M with the working cartridge ( a Right Hand Drive would be helpful as well). we can acquire the aroma cartridge here in the states but we cannot get the part the aroma cartridge plugs into. we need the housing unit that plugs into the car that is located behind the glove box. can someone help us out?

Propa Teknique

Still no one? Has anyone consulted with others on forums regarding this?

King James

I've been patiently awaiting some additional info, my hands are tied. we need some help from our friends on the other side of the pond.

curriemart

Ok. Put scented 'tree' into aroma cartridge and put in car a few weeks ago. 1 tree, cut into small pieces, is actually slightly too big for the cartridge.
Anyway. it works, and you can smell the scent occasionally, but overall the effect is a little bit underwhelming. Worth doing as a cheap alternative but obviously it isn't going to be as good as the original aroma cartridge; then again, I didn't think the smell from the original cartridge was all that big a deal -more a novelty than a game changer.

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

aiham78 wrote:
King James wrote:Image
"Stick Assy Aroma", why would anyone put that in the car? :biggrin:

Good luck in your hunt, plese keep us updated.

I reckon it's no different than the arse fragrance sold at your local pharmacy. :cool:

rsilva800
Car: 94 Z32, 11 M37S , 01 Pathfinder

Hi,

All was just surfing the web doing some research on the M37, as I have just purchased a 2011 S model, and came across this thread.

King, great detective work so far, hope the guys from across the pond lend us a hand as I am very interested on getting this system working on my Y51. Also, don't mean to thread jack, but could you send a PM with the information on the LED kit you used to replace your interior lights with?

Thanks in advance.

LVApeMan56
Car: 2012 Infiniti M56 - current
2006 M45 - sold
2008 G35 - sold

Anything ever come of this?

stm37s
Car: 2012 300 SRT8
2011 M37S
2006 Range Rover HSE (Wife's Ride)
2012 Camaro LS (Wife's Ride)
95 Impala SS (sold)
2004 Impala SS (sold)
2012 Hyundai Veloster (Daughters Ride)

LVApeMan56 wrote:Anything ever come of this?
I think this is a dead issue. As far as I can tell from reading this tread, the overseas connection didn't work out or King James hasn't had time to update this tread.

nebojsa_o
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37x, 2002 Nissan Maxima SE, 1996 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL, 2007 Suzuki GSX-R600

Bringing a dead thread back. Maybe a silly question, but what are the chances the Canadian version of the car got it? I sometimes feel like I'm getting a scent of something else/unusual but it's not a familiar smell. Don't know if it's something from the outside or something stuck in my cabin filter, or completely unrelated... I am planning to get a new cabin filter when the weather warms up in the next month or two and I'll take a look when I start taking things apart.

tlaspec
Car: M56x

I have a Canadian 2011 m56x and unfortunately our cars looks to be identical to US models, only have the plumbing for the scent but no scent package.

rsilva800

Alright I did some more digging and KJ has not updated the thread in while I wanted to post my findings.

I found this website that allows you to inquire about parts from European and also allows you purchase them. Link below

http://nissan-europe.epc-data.com/infin ... 279/27457/

I have inquired about parts 27456 and 27457. Total for both is $178 plus shipping. Still waiting on a shipping quote.
Will keep everyone posted. I have also asked for pictures, we'll see what they can do.

King James

LONG OVER DUE I KNOW......

With my career of a traveling construction engineer I have limited time to do the detective work I did before. I want to thank everyone who continued to push forward to get this cartridge thing handled and rsilva800 it looks like you have something good going so now I'm following your findings, post pictures of what your receive in the mail and ill let you know if it looks like it will work. I have been all through the dash of this car and I know what parts are missing. I also hope once the device is installed there is a program that is enabled on the screen to control the settings, that was the one big thing I was worried about if I was able to find all of the parts. Since Nissan/Infiniti USA are not knowledgeable about their own vehicle I'm not confident they will know the program update if needed.

SORRY FOR BEING MIA BUT IM BACK

rsilva800

Quick Update:

I heard back from the importer and part number 274571MA1A is not available from the UAE. I am waiting to hear back if we can source it from a different country.
The cartridge is available from Japan and it will take 14 days via EMS to arrive.

Rob

King James

The cartridge I was able to get right here in the US, NISSAN USA has TONS of them they said but they didn't have any idea why they had them. It's the sending unit they don't have and its hard as F*** to get over here we need a person in Japan to source it and send one. It's a bit discouraging

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”