Flipper Door non-operatable on left

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
dg1enigma
Car: 93 J30

G37 Convertable Flipper Door on left side does not operate and sensors prevent the rest of movement of top to go up or down.
Been told by service center that the replacement of motor is over $2200.
Has anyone replaced the flipper door motors or parts? Issues with it?
I did use a string to hold the door in the correct position until the top was fully open. Then removed the string. It kept fingers out of the way with this method.
Now I need to get the top back up until I get the part and/or devise a repair of the offending part.
Has anyone else had this issue? The method of open and close the top manually has been read and re-read as a convoluted mess written by a sadist engineer.
The best part price I can find is still a grand, but better than $1400.00
Labor price is outrageous.
FYI...I was a gear head back in the day when a few tools was all one needed to have a good time. Now it is all about computer sensors and bubble head NASA safety. There should be one valve to disable to release the hydraulic fluid, then one could make the top move.

Thanks in advance for real help.
DG

Fins160
Car: 2010 Infiniti G37 Convertible

Yes, this is a (sadly) common fail.

Lots of documentation in this thread, including both replacing the mecahnism ($1k) or doing your own less-expensive repair (depending on your skills).

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-conver ... ouble.html

Hope this helps!

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”