So, I have had several members sent me PMs about the pics being missing after Photobucket started charging for hosting. The site won't let me edit my original post, but here is an updated post with pics hosted on Flickr. Hopefully this is still useful.
I started working on the fix about 8:30 Friday morning after I got off work. (I do quality control at the Nissan plant in Smyrna on Night shift by the way.) I removed all the necessary trim and panels, dropped the steering column, and preceded to remove the dash.
This is what it looks like with out all that in there.
You also have to remove the dash bar. This makes it alot easier. Here are the locations of the two motors. The first one is the vent control motor.
This is the air mix motor.
Also this is the heater control valve this is where you can conrol the heat manually. There is a cable that runs from this to the air mix motor. If you removed the cable, you can slide the valve open for heat. Or close it for cool air.
With all that removed you can get to the vent control motor, its not to bad to replace, just have to make sure you don't break any of the plastic arms that connect to the vents though.
Here are the new motors. Vent control on the left, air mix on the right.
The hard one to replace is the air mix motor. I had to unhook my A/C lines and remove the blower motor to have room to fit my and under the A/C unit to remove the motor. If you look in the previous picture its a tight fit under there.
After removing all that it was still pretty hard to replace but I got it done. Then I put it all back together, and now I have heat, but I still have to recharge my A/C to have defrost though.
Pic of the work in progress.
So I hope this helps someone in fixing there heat. I have seen a bunch of posts about it.