finished product

From wax to washes, the Detailing Forum should be used for questions and ideas concerning exterior and interior cleaning and appearance
darylzero
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 SL AWD Premium Pkg.

So I decided to detail the outside of my car. This is the first time I have ever attempted this. I cut, polished, and waxed my ride using all Meguiars products, not a Meguiars employee or anything like that their polishes just seemed to have great reviews.

So I bought the Meguiars G110v2 DA polisher. Burgundy 6.5-Inch Soft Buff Foam Cutting Pad , SOFT BUFF 2.0 FOAM POLISHING PAD 7 inch, and W 9207 7" Soft Buff 2.0 Foam Finishing Pad.

I started with Meguiars 105 cut compound. Then the 205 compound. Lastly i used NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 (18-Ounce Liquid). That stuff really leaves a nice wet shine.

Being the first time to do all three of these in one day was a LOT of work! It took about 6 hours, with a little break for lunch. I've since done this on two other cars and really got better at it. I realize I was a bit hesitant to use some pressure, especially with the 105.

If you are thinking about doing this I wouldn't worry TOO much about burning your paint, just make sure you are always moving the polisher. Watch some youtube video's and read the directions and you will be fine.

So here is my finished product.

bigbadberry3

Quite nice, was that the first time with a DA?

darylzero
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 SL AWD Premium Pkg.

Thanks, yes first time with a DA or any polisher.

Return to “Detailing Forum”