Financing through NMAC experiences?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Alelanza

Hey guys and gals - I'm closing in on a Rogue 2015 but since my US credit history is close to non existent i don't have too many choices. But then the Nissan dealer said NMAC would give me 0 to 1.99% (i know) because i'm a foreign professional and make enough. So, sounds too good to be true, others say 7% and upwards (even 16 lol).
Reading online reviews people seem realllllly mad at NMAC, however many seem to be leasing, not financing. Searching this forum i didn't find negative things about them.
Your thoughts?
Thanks!

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

Alelanza wrote:Hey guys and gals - I'm closing in on a Rogue 2015 but since my US credit history is close to non existent i don't have too many choices. But then the Nissan dealer said NMAC would give me 0 to 1.99% (i know) because i'm a foreign professional and make enough. So, sounds too good to be true, others say 7% and upwards (even 16 lol).
Reading online reviews people seem realllllly mad at NMAC, however many seem to be leasing, not financing. Searching this forum i didn't find negative things about them.
Your thoughts?
Thanks!
no reason to be mad at any bank. no one is shoving anything down anyone's throat. its your option to decline the offer. there are many credit unions that offer VERY low rates.

best of luck.

RyleyinSTL
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD w/ Premium Pkg.

Wife used Nissan for financing on her car last year. Depending on the promotion available at the time you buy, 0% to 1.99% is completely possible....but will depend on credit rating and down payment amount as well.

Best of luck. The Wife and I were in your situation about 7 years ago when we moved to the USA. Nothing like suddenly having the credit rating of a 16 year-old in your late 20's!

Alelanza

Exactly RyleyinSTL, so she's had a good experience, none of that 'they didn't acknowledge my payment' stuff?
And throw in NC's insurance laws treating you as a teenager too, not pretty...

RyleyinSTL
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD w/ Premium Pkg.

We set up direct debit from the bank account so there has been no issues with payments....they take the money whenever they like.

As far as insurance goes we are in Missouri. The local agent here (Allstate) actually honored our Canadian driving history so the rates were fine, if a bit high due to Saint Louis City crime rates. This was the one seamless transaction.

Alelanza

That's interesting, haven't tried allstate, will give it a go!

whizkidtn
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL (AWD), Premium package

We purchased a 2014 Rogue SL (AWD) this August and was told to get the $5500 trade in allowance, I had to finance through NMAC at 4.64%/72 months but that I could refinance with anyone I wanted after 3 payments. I did so begrudgingly and have now refinanced locally through a credit union at 2.1%/72 months. MUCH happier :) .
BTW: The going rate at the time with the Credit Union was 1.99% when I started looking at the Rogue.

ras_oscar

I have purchased and financed 2 nissans through NMAC. 2005 altima and 2012 rogue. No issues thus far. I get my car, and pay my bill by direct transfer each month. In looking at complaints on the internet, remember people that have problems usually post questions. I applaud your efforts to get a balanced picture by asking here. I for one have never been anything but satisfied, and never posted my experinece before today.

oldengineer
Car: 2015 Rogue SV AWD

A small gripe about NMAC. I just got a '15 Rogue and qualified for 0% financing so I used them. I opened up an online account and set up automatic withdrawal from my checking account but left the last digit of the acct number, the only 4 in the whole account line, off because those autoscan 4s look like a special character and I thought it was part of the divider between the account number and the check number. My fault but the point is that every other account I have set up this way did a small deposit/withdrawal transaction to verify the validity of the account info. NMAC apparently doesn't do this so my first payment to them is late. Fortunately they allow a 10 day grace period before late charges and don't report late payments until past 30 days to credit organizations, at least that's their story.

Return to “Rogue Forum”