Finally got my Juke!

The web's first forum dedicated to the Nissan Juke and the Nissan Qazana.
bookdeity
Car: 2014 Juke SV

Right before Labor Day I bought my 2011 Juke SL in gun metallic grey. I was driving a Camry prior to that so it's quite a bit different and very sporty. Love it! My husband loves it as well and has decided that while he wants a new truck, he wants it to have everything my Juke has. lol

Unfortunately I'm fighting with the dealership about whether it was certified pre-owned or not specifically regarding the warranty since I paid for an extended warranty, when all I wanted was the limited 100,000 mile warranty (which is supposed to be included with certified pre-owned). :squint:

Then again I'm also wondering about the 3 month XM trial that supposed to be included as well since XM ended after having the car 1 week. :crazy:

Lowes11
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue SL

Certified pre-owned and extended warranty are two different things. The CPO is generally cheaper, but generally for a shorter period of time. It should state on your paperwork which one you received. The extended warranty can be cancelled if you choose to. If your is used then the XM trial is probably not applicable. XM runs free specials several times a year and labor day week was one of them. They kept advertising it on all the channels. XM has a special of 6 months for $25.

bookdeity

Yeah, that's the confusion. I was told there was only 3 yrs/20,000 miles left on powertrain warranty so I was offered the extended warranty which was 7 yr/100,000 miles. I got it since I wanted more than 20,000 miles left. Since I bought it at a Nissan dealership, I looked at the Nissan website (a week later) I saw that certified pre-owned included a 7yr/100,000 limited warranty. That's all I wanted was the limited warranty up to 100,000 but apparently what I bought was the bumper to bumper which I don't want. So I'm trying to figure out if the car was listed as certified to begin with. But yes, my plan is to go back and cancel it at this point.

Lowes11
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue SL

It would probably be difficult to get them to certify it now that you purchased the car. You just need to make a decision keeping what you purchased. I personally do not purchase extended warranty plans. The sooner you cancel the more you get back. I would cancel and use the money to pay down your loan if you financed. If you paid cash then I would put the money in the bank as an emergency fund.

bookdeity

I will probably go back and cancel it. I was told I'd be getting something in the mail about the warranty, so I've been waiting for that so I can go to the dealership with it to cancel it.

Return to “Juke Forum | Qazana Forum”