Finally Going Top Mount t3!

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
Chris28
Car: 92 s13 KA-T

I know for a fact I have a vacuum leak at my wastegate banjo bolt, I need to get some copper crush washers and a new banjo bolt to fix it though.

Regardless, I figured out the issue! I should have been checking my timing with a timing light, I was doing it with the consult software though. I was seeing what the ECU was doing, not what the physical timing was. Turns out I was at 10* btdc at the distributor and the ECU was able to compensate for it at idle. Car pulls really hard now, I'm only at 7psi, I should be fine for up to 12 psi safely with my current injectors. I'll turn the boost up once I get a boost controller, for now I'm just happy to be driving my car again. First drift event of the season is next weekend, can't wait to get back out on the track.

Razi
Car: Moo

Yeah, I think the ECU shows it's timing based on what it thinks it is.
Glad you fixed it!

Chris28

Figured I'd share a picture of how the engine bay currently looks, future additions will include a catch can for my pcv system. Other than that the car feels great. Full boost by 3000rpm, starts spooling a little after 2500.

Since it was running so well I did some of this:

And I'll be doing even more this weekend at VIR!

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Perhaps a stoopid question, but bare with I've never drifted before, what are you using as far as gears go? Obviously this can change per track, but in general what gears are you rowing?

Under the hood is finally starting to look mean Chris. I'd say this combo is worth sticking with for awhile. Full boost by 3k is sweet for a turbo that will flow 20psi without becoming a heat pump.

BTW, always use a timing light at the very beginning to verify the actual physical timing. Far to many things can go awry between the combustion chamber and the ecu for me to rely on digital data all by itself. Friggin 10*...lol.

Chris28

Haha I should have used a timing light in the first place, I was overlooking the basics. I'm going to turn the boost up to 12 psi here shortly, my injectors are at around 50% duty cycle right now at 7 psi, so 10-12 is about as high as I want to go without 740cc's. I "raced" a friend of mine running an sr with an s15 t28 at 15 psi yesterday and was dead even with him, so I'm pretty happy with this turbo.

As far as drifting, most parking lot events are 2nd gear. Small tracks are usually 3rd gear, but I've gotten into 4th a few times on some larger corners. It really depends on the track, but if there are high and low speed corners I'll shift a few times throughout the track, usually during transfers.

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

I only asked because I can't really use 4th gear, but I doubt I'd ever need it.

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”